Cruise question

Shadowdawn

Original Poster
Hi guys,

I need some help with a DCL question. I honestly can't remember if it's ok if we bring beverages on the boat. We were thinking of bringing a case of water for things the the shore excusions. I know they sell them on the boat but we figured if we could save some money it would be great. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before our last one that it was ok but again I can't remember for the life of me.

Atomicmickey

I thought that water was free on the boat?

All non-alcholic beverages are included, am I wrong about this?

I did find out that it is OK to bring "some" alcohol along with you to
have in your room, though, a few bottles of wine. Didn't know that.

I'm assuming water would be fine, too.

But I don't know for sure.

Cruisin' on the DREAM next month, so I'll know by then! WOOHOO!:sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

Hi Shadowdawn!

Bottled water is not free onboard.

Sodas and juices are free at the beverage stands and at meals in the dining room. They are not free from room service, or when sold in cans from the bars or outside the movies.

You can bring beverages, including bottled water, onboard with you. You need to put them in your carry on. If Disney is worried something will break in your luggage, they will confiscate it.

WDWRLD

I know this is true with wine. When we went on the Wonder a couple years ago I had a hard sided Pelican Case with my camera equipment in it. When we were coming onboard where you have your picture taken the person said "let me guess camera or wine?" I told her camera and she said alot of people transport their wine onboard that way too.

kal1484

Just make sure you put it in something that is waterproof if you don't carry it on with you. It's like the airport and the bag may get tossed around. You don't have to start your cruise, or anyone's luggage near yours, with wet clothes.

Atomicmickey

So . . . this is our first cruise, coming up.

This business of putting your beverages in protective containers, what's that all about?

I had this vision of checking in, and bringing our bags on board like checking into a hotel. So you just carry the stuff on and up to your room.

This sounds more like you give you bags to someone like you're going on an airplane.

Clarify, please? What happens?

Disneyfalcon

So . . . this is our first cruise, coming up.

This business of putting your beverages in protective containers, what's that all about?

I had this vision of checking in, and bringing our bags on board like checking into a hotel. So you just carry the stuff on and up to your room.

This sounds more like you give you bags to someone like you're going on an airplane.

Clarify, please? What happens?

When you get to the terminal, porters will take your bags from you. Then you don't have to worry about toting them around. You'll be checking in and boarding, and then eating lunch probably. You won't be able to get in your staterooms until around 1:30, so you don't want your luggage with you that whole time. Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom at some point during the afternoon.

I recommend taking only the minimum you will need onboard with you. Give everything else to the porters. Take swimsuits for the kids with you because right after you eat is the most empty the pools will ever be. You may want to take a change of clothes for dinner in case your luggage doesn't make it in time, although it usually does.:)

WDWRLD

We vaccume seal anything with liquids in it that way it it ends up on the bottom of the pile we dont have a mess when we open our luggage. Ziplock bags work well too but if there is air and its compressed it will pop like a balloon.

Disneyfalcon

Will DCL or foreig countries let you take water from the boat onto the shore?

Yes! In most ports there is a stand right by the disembarkation where you can buy cold water to take with you off the ship.

We usually just fill our Castaway Club bottles with ice and water from the beverage stations. You could do that with any water bottle.:)

Phonedave

Yes! In most ports there is a stand right by the disembarkation where you can buy cold water to take with you off the ship.

We usually just fill our Castaway Club bottles with ice and water from the beverage stations. You could do that with any water bottle.:)

Thats what I do as well. Just bring along your own water bottles. There really is no need to lug water onto the ship with you.

Depending on what cruise you are on most ports also have locals that sell water at the port.

Nassau has about a dozen people at every corner selling cold bottled water for a dollar.

Remember that on Castaway Cay, it is like being on the ship. Non-alcoholic drinks are free.

-dave

ddbowdoin

wait, you can bring wine on board? this is the main reason why I have never taken a cruise, seems like a good deal but then I am stuck on a boat, bored and my bar bill for the week would be as much as the cruise

Disneyfalcon

wait, you can bring wine on board? this is the main reason why I have never taken a cruise, seems like a good deal but then I am stuck on a boat, bored and my bar bill for the week would be as much as the cruise

Disney is one of the very few lines where you can bring your own alcohol on board.:)

Phonedave

You can bring wine - or beer or hard liquor on board. As was said, Disney is one of the few cruise lines that allow you to do so.

Be aware however that you will be drinking in your stateroom (or at least mixing the drinks there). If you wanted to make say Rum & Coke or Scotch & Sprite (yes, people do that, not me, but some do) then you have the "mixers" available at the beverage station. But if you need tonic or collins mixer for example, then you are going to have to bring your own.

Also be aware that if you bring wine, expecting to drink it at dinner, you can - but there is a $15 a bottle corkage fee.

But if you would be "stuck on a boat, bored" how is that a good deal? You can just stay home and drink for a lot less, if thats what makes it fun.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom