Cruise Directors

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Reading another thread somebody mentioned that Carly was the Cruise Director on the Dream recently. But when I sailed in April, it was Mike. So I'm just throwing this out there. Do you have a favorite DCL Cruise Director? Has a Cruise Director ever done anything for you personally to make your cruise more magical?

KeithVH

DW and I really like Peter. He's been the most personable type of CD to us. You could hold an intelligent conversation with him and it wasn't just the typical hype and blather. We just had Natalie for the WBPC and, while OK (some just rave about her), her general attitude (always the cheerleader) was more of an acquired taste to me.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Am I a terrible person because I don’t remember the names of most of my cruise directors?

The entertainment hosts are much more memorable. #tonyfromspain #jofromengland

That said, I enjoyed Clinton (I think?) on the Magic in 2016/17. Maybe Clayton? (I said I was terrible)

And it was a cruise director on the Dream whom christened our girls group “the Ladies of Leisure” (use your imagination to hear Lehhzrr), so props to him.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
For us, Brent is "the" Disney Cruise Director. We cruised on the Magic many times before the Dream entered the fleet and it seemed like we had Brent for 8 or 9 of those cruises. Love his energy, love the Aussie accent. :)

We also thought Carly did a great job on our Norway/Iceland sailing.

Just by pure luck, we were on Christian's first cruise as Cruise Director. He was NOT comfortable and was very funny during his announcements. He'd cough and then say something like "Oh sorry, you weren't supposed to hear that". Or trip over the words of the announcement and then comment about it. He's definitely gotten better and I think he's even been on a couple of the DCL specials on the Travel Channel.

On our most recent cruise on the Dream in April, Cruise Director Mike brought us to the VIP viewing area for the fireworks to make up for the fact that we didn't get to see Beauty and the Beast's matinee show. That was pretty cool.

My favorite Cruise Director story is about Brent, as you might expect. In 2010, we took the Northern Capitals cruise. Brent was on that sailing as a guest with his family, not as Cruise Director. There were record-high temperatures all across Europe that week. We took an excursion into Berlin, which required a 2.5-hour train ride. With no air conditioning, it was sweltering in the train. Almost unbearable. And Brent happened to be on the train with us.

Fast forward 3 years, and we're back on the Fantasy with Brent as Cruise Director. During the Captain's reception in the Atrium, I sport Brent and said hello. Then I said, "You probably don't remember, but we were with you on the train to Berlin in 2010". And without skipping a beat, he said, "Oh, that was dis-GUST-ing, wasn't it!?!?" And then we talked a little about the experience. It was just so funny that he remembered it as clearly as I did.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Peter is the one I remember most, but like @Tiggerish said, I remember the entertainment hosts more. #tonyfromspain was amazing!

Tony was cool and has a great personality. But when compared to a Jo Schlo or Anthony (who is now with DVC), there was a certain atmosphere that he did not seem to bring with him. I have no doubt that with his character he will find his way with that and end up being listed with some of the legends.

We also thought Carly did a great job on our Norway/Iceland sailing.

We have had Carly as CD for four of five cruises in the last 14 months. She is amazing and has really come in to that role with her own special style that doesn't feel like she took cues from the others. Thanks to her, we finally were able to enjoy Buccaneer Blast from atop the Mickey Slide. I have nothing but kind things to say about that lady.

Just by pure luck, we were on Christian's first cruise as Cruise Director. He was NOT comfortable and was very funny during his announcements. He'd cough and then say something like "Oh sorry, you weren't supposed to hear that". Or trip over the words of the announcement and then comment about it. He's definitely gotten better and I think he's even been on a couple of the DCL specials on the Travel Channel.

We were actually able to see Christian on one of our two cruises last month. I was speaking with a gentleman that looked familiar and it clicked. He recalled conversation we had three years ago in detail, down to what I do for a living. It was a delight to be able to see someone who played a massive part in making our DCL trips great.

Cruise Director Mike brought us to the VIP viewing area for the fireworks

Was that not the coolest view ever? Such great views of the stage and the pyro.

My favorite Cruise Director story is about Brent, as you might expect. In 2010, we took the Northern Capitals cruise. Brent was on that sailing as a guest with his family, not as Cruise Director. There were record-high temperatures all across Europe that week. We took an excursion into Berlin, which required a 2.5-hour train ride. With no air conditioning, it was sweltering in the train. Almost unbearable. And Brent happened to be on the train with us.

Fast forward 3 years, and we're back on the Fantasy with Brent as Cruise Director. During the Captain's reception in the Atrium, I sport Brent and said hello. Then I said, "You probably don't remember, but we were with you on the train to Berlin in 2010". And without skipping a beat, he said, "Oh, that was dis-GUST-ing, wasn't it!?!?" And then we talked a little about the experience. It was just so funny that he remembered it as clearly as I did.

Man, that guy's memory is impeccable! Entertaining thousands of guests a week but still recognizes people. We bumped in to him on Wonder last August in Alaska. He did not recognize us at first until we mentioned the January 2015 cruise on Magic where we picked up the guy who fell off Oasis of the Seas four hours earlier. He told us he recalled @WifeUnit and I getting engaged that cruise and ask if we followed through with a DCL wedding, which we did. It was cool to bump into him, like Christian, and shoot the breeze for a bit.

EOD K9

But when compared to a Jo Schlo
Are you talking about Jo from Gatwick England who runs the sail away party? We saw her on the Dream in 2013 then back in March on the Wonder. Or are you talking just her personality? I thought she was entertainment staff and not a CD. Either way, she is fantastic.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Are you talking about Jo from Gatwick England who runs the sail away party? We saw her on the Dream in 2013 then back in March on the Wonder. Or are you talking just her personality? I thought she was entertainment staff and not a CD. Either way, she is fantastic.

That would be the one. I was talking about her and her personality. I was replying to a post mentioning #TonyFromSpain who is club host, not referencing CDs. I can see the mix-up, though.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've had Christian a few times. I don't remember who I had on the others lol He is the only one that really stood out to me

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom