Cruella De Vil Live-Action Movie

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm sure it will be great!

However, I just wish Disney would use their imagineers to, you know, imagine a little and make an original movie that is not a redone cartoon version! I can't remember when they did that last? I would guess it was with the Monsters Inc series? Not sure.

It seems like they are just going through their vault at successful animation films and doing live action.
Whatever happened to doing a new and original movie??? That's all :(
Disney has a few new originals being released soon, the next one is Raya and the Last Dragon.

NateD1226

Original Poster
First poster! Trailer drops tomorrow

1613488137771.png

tirian

DSNY Newscast posed this article today about the new Cruella Live-Action Movie.
https://dsnynewscast.com/2018/07/ex...ys-upcoming-cruella-live-action-origin-story/

The small amount information we got said that we will learn why Cruella hates dalmatians. Emma Stone will play Cruella in the movie with no release date so far.
Disney: “Why Cruella hates Dalmatians...”

Except she doesn’t. She thinks they have beautiful coats and wants one. I’m intrigued by the idea of the movie, but also tired of new Disney movies that try to explain everything away instead of just letting us enjoy a good villain.

I’ll still watch it though.

CaptinEO

Except she doesn’t. She thinks they have beautiful coats and wants one. I’m intrigued by the idea of the movie, but also tired of new Disney movies that try to explain everything away instead of just letting us enjoy a good villain.

I’ll still watch it though.
Couldnt agree with you more. What an exploitation this is of another Walt Disney feature. They wanted to make a movie about a criminal in the 70s who summons bats, rides motorcycles, and can set themselves on fire. The Dalmations movie wasn't even out in the 70s, how can Cruella's origin story take place after the movie?

Why is this a Cruella Devil movie? Cruella is supposed to be completely insane and out of her mind, but this movie has her as a collected and "cool" criminal.

What's next, a movie about the hunter that killed Bambi's mom?

Screamface

It's from the director of I Tonya. I would have loved a movie that was more real. Not just making an incel male a female character.

NateD1226

Original Poster
The first Cruella trailer gathered 71 million views in its first 24 hours

Jabbas

This reminded me of ABC’s Once upon a time meets the Joker. I didn’t really like it. In OUAT Cruella didn’t have a sad backstory either, she was just a nasty villain who wanted to hurt people. Let’s hope they keep the story this way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just want to point out that principal photography for Cruella happened at the same time The Joker was released.

This means the script for Cruella was set before The Joker was released.

So, unless they were frantically re-writing the script for Cruella while also filming it, it's not a copy of The Joker.

Tho, post editing could have been influenced by The Joker.

Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time two movies came out at the same time with the same plot/vibe. The famous ones being: Armageddon and Deep Impact; and A Bug's Life and Antz.

Last edited:

tirian

Just want to point out that principal photography for Cruella happened at the same time The Joker was released.

This means the script for Cruella was set before The Joker was released.

So, unless they were frantically re-writing the script for Cruella while also filming it, it's not a copy of The Joker.

Tho, post editing could have been influenced by The Joker.

Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time two movies came out at the same time with the same plot/vibe. The famous ones being: Armageddon and Deep Impact; and A Bug's Life and Antz.

“A Bug’s Life” and “Antz” — “Finding Nemo” and “Shark Tale” — etc. ;)

tirian

The first Cruella trailer gathered 71 million views in its first 24 hours

Shows how popular the original animated feature still is.

aNd iT’s NoT EveN iN 3-d (!)

NateD1226

Original Poster
On Friday a commercial played in Brazil saying there was a new trailer coming out today. It looks like it will premiere during the Grammys tonight!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom