Cruella De Vil Live-Action Movie

Princess Leia

Phroobar

Didn't we do this movie already?

220px-One_hundred_and_one_dalmatians_ver2.jpg

champdisney

There shouldn’t be any Dalmatians involved directly to the story if this is a prequel. Perhaps towards the end of the film, have a random Dalmatian walk on by a pathway where Cruella spots it and immediately begins to fantasize about wearing their fur. Thus, the beginning of the obsession.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn’t mind a “live action” version of B’rer Rabbit tales. It would be a good way to bring new life to the SotS IP without acknowledging the romanticized Reconstruction-era South.

I've been wanting this for a long time. Bring in African and African-American talent to re-create these tales, most of which go back to African folklore, and re-tell it removing, as you said, the Reconstruction framing and the Deep South in-bred stereotypes. Then recontextualize Zippity Doo Dah into a animal frolicky scene that can double as a stand-alone music video.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've been wanting this for a long time. Bring in African and African-American talent to re-create these tales, most of which go back to African folklore, and re-tell it removing, as you said, the Reconstruction framing and the Deep South in-bred stereotypes. Then recontextualize Zippity Doo Dah into a animal frolicky scene that can double as a stand-alone music video.

And then an updated overlay for Splash Mountain in time for the movie release?!?

Ripken10

So, judging by the overall reaction to the movie in this thread... nobody wants this
I am looking forward to this. They have not disappointed me in these movies, each one having something worth seeing. They are enjoyable to see, especially for us that enjoyed these movies when they first came out. Obviously this is my opinion, but I much rather see movies like this then when they decide to "reboot" movies like Karate Kid or Back to the Future (why do you even need to "reboot" a movie like Back to the future...that movie lends itself easily to just the next chapter or a parallel story... ok I will get off my soapbox now)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom