JAY-ROD

Whats the weather like in May?

What about the crowds in May as well!

Is May a good time to go or not?

Thanks

The Mom

Premium Member
JAY-ROD,

Early to mid May is a wonderful time to go! I haven't been able to do this in years, because of school activities, sports, recitals, etc. but when I have been able to go, it's been great. The weather is warm, but not hot...OK for swimming and water parks, but not unbearably hot and humid. May tends to be a drier month, without the afternoon thunderstorms so common during the summer. The crowds (except for Mother's Day & Memorial Day) should be fairly light until the end of the month when schools let out, and Grad Nights start. I would definitely go if I had the opportunity! :)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn
JAY-ROD,

Early to mid May is a wonderful time to go! I haven't been able to do this in years, because of school activities, sports, recitals, etc. but when I have been able to go, it's been great. The weather is warm, but not hot...OK for swimming and water parks, but not unbearably hot and humid. May tends to be a drier month, without the afternoon thunderstorms so common during the summer. The crowds (except for Mother's Day & Memorial Day) should be fairly light until the end of the month when schools let out, and Grad Nights start. I would definitely go if I had the opportunity! :)

Sounds good! I think Mitzi gets out of school in early May! So I might just give it a go!

lol and I told myself next year I wasnt going! lol

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Sounds good! I think Mitzi gets out of school in early May! So I might just give it a go!

lol and I told myself next year I wasnt going! lol

Not go to WDW in 2002!!! :eek: How could you even consider such a thing???!!! ;)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn

Not go to WDW in 2002!!! :eek: How could you even consider such a thing???!!! ;)

I know, I know But I got to save some money somehow for the next step in my life!:brick:

Upvote 0

MrPromey

I know, I know But I got to save some money somehow for the next step in my life!:brick:

and that would be?.. Disney Seas? ;)

I was trying to remember what it's like during that time of year. I have a hard time answering these questions since I go all the time. The only time of year that I usually stay away is during spring break and as crazy as it sounds, I've been a few times in the middle of that over recent years. May should be a good time, though because most kids in the US are still in school and as Marcia said, it hasn't gotten as hot and humid at that point, as it will later in the summer. I think that also falls under one of those periods where the hotel rooms are cheaper, too. Plus, best of all, I have no plans for that month! I realize that I don't have the charm or, umm... feminine presence that Mighty does but I'd still like to take off my white gloves and slap you in the face with them a time or two for what you did to my DVD ;)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by MrPromey

and that would be?.. Disney Seas? ;)

I was trying to remember what it's like during that time of year. I have a hard time answering these since I go all the time anyway. The only time of year that I usually stay away is during spring break and as crazy as it sounds, I've been a few times in the middle of that over recent years. That should be a good time, though because most kids in the US are still in school and as Marcia said, it hasn't gotten as hot and humid at that point, as it will later in the summer. I think that also falls under one of those periods where the hotel rooms are cheaper, too. Plus, best of all, I have no plans for that month! I realize that I don't have the charm or umm, feminine presence that Mighty does but I'd still like to take off my white gloves and slap you in the face with them a time or two for what you did to my DVD ;)

Yeah Mr. P ROTFLMAO

I'm hoping if we did meet up u wouldnt stand me up like the duck did! That ruined my whole treat!:(

By the way what DVD are you talking about again?

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Yeah Mr. P ROTFLMAO

I'm hoping if we did meet up u wouldnt stand me up like the duck did! That ruined my whole treat!:(

You know she didn't stand you up, don't you?

By the way what DVD are you talking about again?

As if you don't know!!! :mad: :mad: :(

Upvote 0

PrincessK

Hey Jay,

I was there in 2000 in early/mid May. The crowds were reasonable, but it was humid. I think I went through 2+ outfits a day. Honestly, it totally depends on where you're from and what weather you're used to. I'm from Boston and it hadn't really warmed up yet for the season, so I died...but I've also been in August when I was used to the heat and did fine.

I'd go. I'll be there January 7-12!!

Kristin

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by PrincessK
Hey Jay,

I was there in 2000 in early/mid May. The crowds were reasonable, but it was humid. I think I went through 2+ outfits a day. Honestly, it totally depends on where you're from and what weather you're used to. I'm from Boston and it hadn't really warmed up yet for the season, so I died...but I've also been in August when I was used to the heat and did fine.

I'd go. I'll be there January 7-12!!

Kristin

Thanks! I live in Ky so i'm used the heat here! But when were were there in August the heat and humidity was unbearable!

Whats the hours for May?

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Thanks! I live in Ky so i'm used the heat here! But when were were there in August the heat and humidity was unbearable!

Whats the hours for May?

Jay, at this point that's anyones guess...

Upvote 0

Smee

Early May is pretty good. The weather is just starting to get hot and the worst part of the rainy season is past (but rain will still come down).

The lines on weekdays are not bad at all. You will notice many groops of kids on school trips, very big that time of year.

Just plan around the park hours and parade schedules.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Jay,

I've gone in May before and always found it a really nice time to visit, both crowd wise and weather wise. Of course, you're really better off listening to the resident experts, mom and MrP, since they have more experience in the yearly changes. But, I still thought I'd put my two cents in anyway :)

I like your avatar, btw.

:D

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ariel
Jay,

I've gone in May before and always found it a really nice time to visit, both crowd wise and weather wise. Of course, you're really better off listening to the resident experts, mom and MrP, since they have more experience in the yearly changes. But, I still thought I'd put my two cents in anyway :)

I like your avatar, btw.

:D

Thanks for the advice! Now meet me down there in May! lol

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ariel

Just meet me at my grotto and I'll be waiting for you.... ;)

lol and to think I was being serious for once! lol

Iwant the real Ariel not the replica of her! But i'll kept on the look out for her!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Whats the hours for May?

Hey Jay...i know this thread is kinda old news, but i haven't been around for a while, so....but someone's probably already made the same comment i'm going to, but oh well, here goes.
May is my all time fave time of year to go, with Spring Break coming in at a close 2nd.
as for the hours, they're usually really really nice! opens regular time, of course, and usually MK stays open til midnight on weekends, around 11 or so on other days, and the other parks close around their usual time. but who really knows what'll happen this year. not to mention, if all goes well, hopefully the 3rd annual Star Wars Weekends will be during May. i certainly hope they'll have it this year, seeing as Episode 2 is coming out next summer and all.
and yes, from one Kentuckian to another, the heat is bearable in May. really quite hot compared to what we're used to here in May, but the humidity is nothing there compared to what it is here during that time. i remember once, i believe it was in May, it was 98 degrees out, AND over 100 heat index during one of our trips. of course we made it through the day perfectly fine, but the funny thing was, we came back home and on the radio they were telling people to watch the heat and be careful of heat stroke when it was 91 degrees...and the humidity wasn't even up that day, if i remember right!
but anyway, yeah it's kinda hot, and a tad bit crowded (especially at MGM during Star Wars Weekends) but nothing you can't handle, i'm sure! but if you ask me, May is the prime time to go!!

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

Hey Jay...i know this threat is kinda old news, but i haven't been around for a while, so....but someone's probably already made the same comment i'm going to, but oh well, here goes.
May is my all time fave time of year to go, with Spring Break coming in at a close 2nd.
as for the hours, they're usually really really nice! opens regular time, of course, and usually MK stays open til midnight on weekends, around 11 or so on other days, and the other parks close around their usual time. but who really knows what'll happen this year. not to mention, if all goes well, hopefully the 3rd annual Star Wars Weekends will be during May. i certainly hope they'll have it this year, seeing as Episode 2 is coming out next summer and all.
and yes, from one Kentuckian to another, the heat is bearable in May. really quite hot compared to what we're used to here in May, but the humidity is nothing there compared to what it is here during that time. i remember once, i believe it was in May, it was 98 degrees out, AND over 100 heat index during one of our trips. of course we made it through the day perfectly fine, but the funny thing was, we came back home and on the radio they were telling people to watch the heat and be careful of heat stroke when it was 91 degrees...and the humidity wasn't even up that day, if i remember right!
but anyway, yeah it's kinda hot, and a tad bit crowded (especially at MGM during Star Wars Weekends) but nothing you can't handle, i'm sure! but if you ask me, May is the prime time to go!!

Thanks for the info my KY freind!

By the way, what parts of ky are you from Eastern or Western?:p

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Thanks for the info my KY freind!

By the way, what parts of ky are you from Eastern or Western?:p

Anytime! :D

I am from the western end of the state. about 30-35 min. south of Owensboro. what part are you from?

~* WKU all the way!! WOOHOO!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

Anytime! :D

I am from the western end of the state. about 30-35 min. south of Owensboro. what part are you from?

~* WKU all the way!! WOOHOO!! :sohappy:

I'm from the western end as well! Pretty close to KY Lake!

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom