Crowds like in Early October?

linderman4

We are planning on coming down October 12-18th this year, it'll be our first time and I'm seeing mixed responses on how the crowds are then. I know it's Disney and it's expected to be crowded I guess what I'm asking is, since most kids are back in school is it as heavily crowded as it would be when kids are off school?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Depending on when the "Official" opening of Galaxies Edge will be, it may be a bit crowded especially at Studios. Also you may run into a limited amount of availability as far as rooms, so if you are set on those dates, I would book soon

Pam

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We customarily go to the world during that period of time (+/- a week or two). In my mind that period probably still qualifies as "normal crowds" mid week. I will say that Epcot is a zoo on Saturdays & Sundays which may be due to locals attending the Food & Wine festival. I agree with Kingdom Konsultant that a lot rides on the opening of Star Wars. If it does open around that time I'd avoid DHS at all cost unless you like multi-hour wait times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oliviosis

We went last year and our first park day was Thursday October 25th and it was DEAD at MK. I couldn't believe it. Like the least amount of crowds I've seen there in my adult life. Epcot on Friday was busier and AK/MK were nuts that Saturday. I think the key on the first day was that there was a MNSSHP that night at MK so lots of folks must've avoided that park. Epcot was dead early in the morning until about 11:00 or so and then the crowds were pretty high particularly in World Showcase. So, my main tips would be to go to MK on a party day even if you aren't going to the party (we hopped to Epcot that evening) and if you're wanting to participate in Food and Wine, go during a week day or for "lunch". I also think SGE will throw everything into a different reality depending on when it opens...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom