Crowds last week?

IfWeCanDreamIt

Original Poster
This is a question for anybody who was at the world last week...
What were the crowds like? Were they manageable?. The reason I ask is because I will be down the week of the 8th, and with the free dining in the later part of the month I would like to think it won't be as crowded as usual. Don't know how much of a basis last week would be for when I'm down, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've usually been there during the last week, when they have the free dining.

Thanks!

DisneyWeather!

What were the crowds like? Were they manageable?. The reason I ask is because I will be down the week of the 8th, and with the free dining in the later part of the month I would like to think it won't be as crowded as usual. Don't know how much of a basis last week would be for when I'm down, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've usually been there during the last week, when they have the free dining.

Thanks!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I was wondering how the crowds were during the last week with free dining for you? We are there 8/21-8/29 w/ the free dining.

IfWeCanDreamIt

Original Poster
The first year I was down around that time for the free dining (2008), crowds were pretty good. Lighter than usual. The year after that though (2009), it seemed to have picked up a little bit. The crowds were still fairly light, but just seemed to me to have increased a bit from the previous year. Definitely still lighter than say the June-July time frame. It's hard to say. There are just so many factors. For example, my time down there in 2008 most definitely had lighter crowds because of tropical storm Fay.

disneygirl1

Thanks!

While I was not there last week, I can say that most schools in the south haven't went back to school yet, so crowds will still be pretty steady until at least the 3rd week in August, when most schools go back. Disney typically offers free dining during times when attendence is low, hence enticing people to come to the parks during the slow times... I can tell you that we went to Disney for a long weekend on 8/11/10 right before free dining started. Crowds were definitely managable, there were waits for the major attractions, but nothing too crazy! Definitely saw an increase in people at the resort the day free dining started that is for sure! All is All I think you will be fine. If you want some peace of mind, trying going to touring plans and type in the days for yuor trip and it will tell you on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest what the crowds are expected to be like during your stay.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I was wondering how the crowds were during the last week with free dining for you? We are there 8/21-8/29 w/ the free dining.

We are checking in on 8/31. We were there last August at the start of free dining and we definitely saw the crowds, especially at the resorts pick up some. I just checking touring plans for the week we are there and it looks like they are expecting moderate crowds. All days were like a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10. That's not bad at all. Pretty much means crowds will be managable.

DisneyWeather!

We are checking in on 8/31. We were there last August at the start of free dining and we definitely saw the crowds, especially at the resorts pick up some. I just checking touring plans for the week we are there and it looks like they are expecting moderate crowds. All days were like a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10. That's not bad at all. Pretty much means crowds will be managable.

I'll take 4's and 5's! Its Disney, I expect crowds, but I would obviously love the place to myself. The other day, a non-Disneyphite asked something like, "Wouldn't you want some crowds there to enhance the experience?" I said, when its hot and you have three kids with tired legs and you are paying all of that money to be there, the last thing you want to do is stand in a line for 20, 30, 45 minutes to go on a 5 min ride. I'll take 4's and 5's and I'll be HAPPY! Our last trip was over the 4th of July 2 yrs ago. I'd have to say that the crowds were lighter than average b/c of the economy, but I would hope the upcoming trip will be less than 4th of July 2 yrs ago.

BLY

Hi - we have been in Orlando since 22nd July and have found Disney to be very managable, almost quiet for this time of the year. At first we were going for park opening but have now found that you can go in mid morning an still get Fastpasses for the major rides that are valid early afternoon. The only thing is, it is very hot to theme parking but we have had some great days in the waterparks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom