Crowds in May

SulleyanBoo

Hello all! We are 8 days away from our WDW trip. We will be there May 3rd through the 7th. I have heard that the crowds are low to moderate around this time with kids back in school and spring breaks being over. True?...

mbtohill

Absolutely true!! We go every year during the first week in May and find the crowds to be very manageable. I will say that in the last eight years the crowds have increased a bit but still not bad at all. We will be there May 3rd-12th this year. Can't wait!!!!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hate you right now. :mad: We were supposed to be going down the 2-9th.
Plans changed...have to wait until September 28th.......First time in 7 years we won't be there the first week of May. :cry: ......ANYWAY!!

Crowds are very manageable - last year was the only year in all that times we've gone that it seemed a bit busier than normal.....otherwise it's been great.

Also - weather is perfect.

Did I mention that I hate you right now? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
@ Shookie- Im sorry! That does suck. I would not be a happy camper!

But, it does seem that WDW is packed pretty much everytime I go now :brick: I'm hoping that it will be "manageable" when we go keeping my hopes high :) Thanks guys! Enjoy you're trips!:wave:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Sept 28 is a very good time to go. We went the last 2 years at this time and never really used a fastpass except for Toy Story Mania. Also have gone a lot first week in May. I would say these two weeks are comparable as far as crowds.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

@ Shookie- Im sorry! That does suck. I would not be a happy camper!

But, it does seem that WDW is packed pretty much everytime I go now :brick: I'm hoping that it will be "manageable" when we go keeping my hopes high :) Thanks guys! Enjoy you're trips!:wave:

Its all good - i will be posting like a mother when september 20th rolls around and you can return the hate....:p

Have a great time and i will catch you on the flipside.

Where you staying by the way?

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Sept 28 is a very good time to go. We went the last 2 years at this time and never really used a fastpass except for Toy Story Mania. Also have gone a lot first week in May. I would say these two weeks are comparable as far as crowds.

Thanks - im glad to hear from someone who has gone during both times.
Love May crowds - and its great to hear theyre comparable.

Upvote 0

NEL

May Crowd

I will also be there May 5-12. My experience has been that it is always very manageable. I ussually go a little later in the month, mid to end of May and crowds are usually moderate. I will assume earlier in the month would be the same or maybe a little less crowded. I will be staying at POR for the first time and in one of the Royal Rooms. So excited, cant wait. Hope everyone has a great time !!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I'll be there solo May 14 - 17 for a quick trip! I'm hoping for lower crowds too. I'm using this time to take photos of things I can never get photos of because I'm always with other people and I don't want to hold them up lol. Hope to see you all there!

@Shookie - I'm sorry your May trip didn't work out. But just think, in June, you'll still be looking forward to your trip instead of just getting home from one :)

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

And don't forget Test Track is down too? Going the 3rd thru the 9th. Crowds in the past in early May are bearable. MK still seems crowded but I don't know that I've been there and it not "seem" crowded.

My only concern weather wise is SMOKE!!!:hurl:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom