Crowds In January

Steamboat_Kevin

I know that a few years ago, the first week after Christmas vacation in January was *the* time to go to Disney World because of how low the crowd levels were. But I recently heard that because of the WDW Marathon, January has become a more crowded time at WDW.

Is this true? I am headed to the World from January 6-12, and I'm wondering what sort of crowds to expect. Is it still a good time to go?

bgraham34

I might being going in January as well. My company is looking to put an office in the Orlando area. I will try to stay on Disney Grounds if this happens.

Upvote 0

prberk

You will be fine. If your vacation were one week later, you would encounter crowds due to the Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday weekend. But your weekend should be quite peaceful.

And if you are flying, watch for great deals at that time, especially closer to the dates.

Paul

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We went January 8-18 last year. While the crowds were certainly manageable, they were much larger than we had imagined. Most days were somewhat light, but one day at Animal Kingdom was just packed. There were quite a few tour groups and it was just packed solid. It was also very hot that day, so we decided to make it an early day.

In general, it seems that even in the off times, it gets a bit busier than expected. We had also been going in February which has seemed to get busier in the last few years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom