Crowds for the 50th MK Anniversary

DfromATX

Original Poster
How crowded do y'all think the parks will be for the 50th anniversary in 2021? No more than usual? That's when we are planning to go next. I'm hoping by then the crowds for all the new stuff will have leveled out. I'm hoping the 50th doesn't mean anything to everyone else (except people like us). I personally think it would be awesome to celebrate the milestone year. What is your opinion?

eliza61nyc

lol, don't mean to stomp on your "hopes" but remember if you are planning your trip so will 3 million other people and remember Disney hasn't even turned out the marketing machine to celebrate it. I know nothing but I'm assuming they will have a big blow out.

I would think all the new stuff is in preparation of the 50th.

It's going to be crowded

mattdenine

I guess it all depends on what you mean, do you plan on being there for October 1? Or just sometime in 2021. Crowds will be crazy at MK on October 21. Between special shows and parades and whatever else they might have planned MK will be standing room only. We are still planing on going but Im not expecting anywhere near normal park levels

Scrooged

The park will be so busy I’ll get to watch it via streamers/bloggers and others who attend. All from the comfort of my uncrowded living room.

Although it will be interesting to see the crowd levels when GE opens...

mattdenine

The park will be so busy I’ll get to watch it via streamers/bloggers and others who attend. All from the comfort of my uncrowded living room.

We are booked for November, I'm interested in see what HS is like if GE is opened.

thomas998

How crowded do y'all think the parks will be for the 50th anniversary in 2021? No more than usual? That's when we are planning to go next. I'm hoping by then the crowds for all the new stuff will have leveled out. I'm hoping the 50th doesn't mean anything to everyone else (except people like us). I personally think it would be awesome to celebrate the milestone year. What is your opinion?
I doubt it will be any different than any other season. When they have an anniversary that they can use for marketing they will use the anniversary when they don't they create some other marketing campaign like "million dreams" or whatever it may be.. In the end they will be full whether it is a campaign for the 50th anniversary or something else. Only thing that will impact it is the global economy.

FutureCEO

What is does GE mean? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean General Electric.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you’re not interested, do not attend the MK on October 1st 2021. In 2011, by the evenings Wishes, the only areas of the hub that weren’t wall to wall were the waterways:

02A216E1-380B-4782-8AEE-60EEA28B5084.jpeg

And that was just the 40th.

I dare say a few days leading up to it will be busier than usual too for the time of year.

Last edited:

NickMaio

I think the whole year will be nuts. Special events......special fireworks......return of a night parade at MK.
Ya.....its gonna be crazy.

donsullivan

Premium Member
If you’re not interested, do not attend the MK on October 1st 2021. In 2011, by the evenings Wishes, the only areas of the hub that weren’t wall to wall were the waterways:

View attachment 353776

And that was just the 40th.

I dare say a few days leading up to it will be busier than usual too for the time of year.
In all the decades I’ve been visiting WDW, that night was without a doubt the worst crowd in the hub ever. I’ve have not experienced anything like that before, or since. The 50th will certainly be worse.

JIMINYCR

The anticipation for what the 50th is going to include, the grandness of the celebration with special events will surely pack in the locals and guests will be flying in from all around. Think around any packed shoulder to shoulder major holiday event.

Disstevefan1

I've never seen MK not crowded.

Absolutely correct. Ever since I could remember, my experience going back to the mid 90s, the magic kingdom was always mobbed. I remember getting cought up in the mobs on Main Street for the first time back then, it was supposed feel magical there on Main Street but it was very stressful and scary.

We all have gotten used to the extreme overcrowding at the magic kingdom, by now eventhough it's much worse today and will continue to get more and more crowded.

LUVofDIS

I wonder what impact SWGE will have on crowds through out 2021, with 2020 being the first full year in WDW of the land and with many first timers and occasional visitors I have spoke with that are considering a visit over the next year. These people don't even seem to think that WDW 50th is anything special compared to SWGE. I have tried to suggest to them that this may be a better time to go, or even wait until 2022. That and all the predictions of at least a slowing of the global and local economy starting next year. I understand that this can not be predicated easily and this run could go for awhile longer, the chances and signs seems to be growing every moment for a slowdown though.

Anyway, the time around October 21, 2021 will most likely put even a normal Christmas and New Years to shame, The rest of the year may be a little more interesting.

DfromATX

Original Poster
I guess it all depends on what you mean, do you plan on being there for October 1? Or just sometime in 2021. Crowds will be crazy at MK on October 21. Between special shows and parades and whatever else they might have planned MK will be standing room only. We are still planing on going but Im not expecting anywhere near normal park levels

I haven't gotten that far in my planning, but I was "hoping" to be there October 1. However, I have a son who will be starting college that year, so I don't know if we'll be able to go on that particular day. The worst I've ever seen was July 4 at MK. I will never do that again.

I figured it would be crowded or more crowded than usual, but I didn't know how crowded they usually get for anniversaries. I know with GE opening and all the other stuff happening it would be, but that should be before then. I don't know, I guess I thought maybe all the "normal" people would be there during the summer and holidays. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom