Crowds and my Touring Plan Fail (?)

DrummerAlly

We’ve done a ton of trips to WDW over the years and like everyone else sees, way more crowds.

We recently got back from our mid/late August trip and were expecting lighter crowds. Up until the day we left, touring plans was predicting crowd levels that maxed at 4 and were between 1 and 3 for most parks each day.

Holy. Crowds. The day at MK that was supposed to be a “1” had 35 minute waits for it’s a small world and 120 minute waits for space mountain. Buzz was consistently 60 min. There was an extended rope queue and a 25 minute wait for the TTA!

Maybe we hit it wrong, and we were still able to do and see a lot by being savvy and using FP+ well, but the parks were packed.

The week before Labor Day used to be low crowd trick and that doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Is there a good time to go anymore if you dislike super long waits? I’m a college professor, so I’m stuck with January and Mid May-August.

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately the crowds are continuing to be drawn in and the crowd calendars are being less of an accurate guide. Theres been sporadic weeks where people have reported lower than expected crowds but you cant count on that happening. Its becoming more valuable/ critical to have that good plan in place and take advantage of knowing your way around to get the most done. Its even more difficult when your travel options are very limited.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
We’ve done a ton of trips to WDW over the years and like everyone else sees, way more crowds.

We recently got back from our mid/late August trip and were expecting lighter crowds. Up until the day we left, touring plans was predicting crowd levels that maxed at 4 and were between 1 and 3 for most parks each day.

Holy. Crowds. The day at MK that was supposed to be a “1” had 35 minute waits for it’s a small world and 120 minute waits for space mountain. Buzz was consistently 60 min. There was an extended rope queue and a 25 minute wait for the TTA!

Maybe we hit it wrong, and we were still able to do and see a lot by being savvy and using FP+ well, but the parks were packed.

The week before Labor Day used to be low crowd trick and that doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Is there a good time to go anymore if you dislike super long waits? I’m a college professor, so I’m stuck with January and Mid May-August.

Maybe they didn't take into account the number of people who would visit for a chance to visit SWGE? Not sure if you were there when the opening happened, but it sounds like that may have been what happened.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom