Crowd Predictions After SWGE Opening

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
I know that crowds are expected to increase after the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge but do you think that there will just be more people in general in all parks or just more people at DHS? I'm secretly hoping that everyone will be at DHS and that will leave the other parks much quieter. Is this just wishful thinking?

GlassHalfFull

Studios will be NYE MK levels for the foreseeable future.. I will do my absolute best to get down there for my AP preview if they do it.. I couldn't make the Avatar preview and regretted that for months due to crowds.. this will be much much worse

JosieBee

I am hoping that the western half of the country will get it out of their system and go to the one at Disneyland since that may open first. Pandora was busy, but there is just one of those to see. Even so, that is a lot of people who can't make it to California left over to go to Florida. If SW:GE brings more people down to DW, which I am sure it will, they will most likely not want to spend their entire vacation at the same park, they will be visiting all the other parks, too. Being how people are claiming it is more and more crowded at the parks even in traditionally slower seasons and SW:GE hasn't even opened yet, it does not look it will help crowds to die down any when it does.

ppete1975

I think for two years after it will be packed.... maybe more. You have star wars fans, and you have little new completion in the other 4 parks, and really no competition in the park its in. So the people at Disney world are going to flock there. It should help pandoras lines though, I think it would be huge if it was just star wars... you add in self inflected stagnation and you have a mess.

winstongator

I know that crowds are expected to increase after the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge but do you think that there will just be more people in general in all parks or just more people at DHS? I'm secretly hoping that everyone will be at DHS and that will leave the other parks much quieter. Is this just wishful thinking?
Attendance for non-AK parks was up 1% in 2017 vs. 2016. Impossible to differentiate pre/post Pandora, but as @CaptainAmerica says, I'd expect all parks to see increased attendance but the massive increase to be at DHS.

NickWilde

There are defiantly going to be swarms and swarms of people visiting within the first few years, even more than Pandora. Not just in Studios, but in all parks. Expect lines to be over an hour at least.

Maddad

Many people like me only make the trip down when you can visit all of the parks or the cost and time of travel doesn’t justify the trip. People have held out just for this and will have the trip of a lifetime. Increases at all parks. Increases On all hotel prices in the Orlando area and everyone on the forums screaming for a new park.

justintheharris

os-wizarding-world-harry-potter-5-years-20150618.jpg

Anyone recall opening day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I would expect this for Star Wars except much worse.

winstongator

View attachment 285962
Anyone recall opening day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I would expect this for Star Wars except much worse.
I like that picture! Posted it in another thread on the same subject. As pointed out by another poster, This is the line for Diagon Alley. Hogsmeade opened a few years earlier. The pictures in Diagon Alley are almost worse. I'm not sure if WDW wants guests packed in as tight as they can. Hurts the experience. Maybe they let that for a week or so, then work on some crowd control? Len Testa and Jim Hill have discussed on their podcast. They say WDW does not want the giant snaking lines throughout the land that FoP has, but you'll have to do something to minimize that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom