Crowd level in early January

MattyFresh

I was wondering how quick the crowds disappear after Christmas and New Years. We are looking at possibly arriving on the 2nd and our first day in the park might be the 3rd. Didn't know if it would still be a madhouse around that time, or if you would see a significant decrease in the amount of guests.

Hrudey3032

you still have kids out of school around this time so it can still be busy.The marathon is soon after this so it gets busy for that as well but if you hit it just right you could have a week or so of smaller crowds.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

Well the college program kids are let go on the 4th (or that is my departure date) and the new set come in right after the marathon. You will probably have moderate to slow days. Moderate possibly crowded first day or two then moderate going to slow. If you are there during Marathon weekend it will be crazy for those two days but then it will drop. We went the 3rd weekend of January 2012 and it was amazing. We had to deal with the crane at the castle but so worth not having all the lines or the heat. We never waited more than 30 minutes at Disney and never more than an hour at Universal.

Upvote 0

Redsky89

I've been down around that time and it depends. It's not always the kids being out of school you need to worry about but as mentioned before me the marathon events bring big crowds. If none of that is happening its pretty chill.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

We were there for the Marathon weekend in 2010 and the parks were still pretty dead. I don't think crowds will be a problem at all, really. Even with the Marathon going on, it was still less crowded than it is in October (which is when we usually go).

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It all depends on when the holidays fall. Some schools will still get the whole week off if NYE falls on say a Monday. But as a general rule of thumb, the crowds will start to decrease after NYE. There will a bump for the marathon, however most of that will be concentrated at the resorts, and not the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom