Crossing UY what would you do?

correcaminos

Original Poster
I haven't booked our next summer's trip yet because we're having to cross our UY by a day or two. We were hoping to switch at 7 months to somewhere else, but would be fine at OKW. I don't think we want PVB with the group we have (adding an extra adult) which is why we're thinking OKW.

We'll likely try for RR or WL at 7 months. But would you bother to try to book OKW early (to get HH) and wind up calling at 9 am to switch? Modifying at 8 am will likely make me twitchy since the UY issue is still there right? (I haven't tried to modify crossing UY)

nickys

Premium Member
If you’re sure on dates, I would book OKW now, to make sure you have something.

I think you will need to call to cross a Use Year, unless you have enough points to book the second resort. It’s probably easier to call though. Never done this either!

correcaminos

Original Poster
Fortunately with OKW I have a few days to decide on it. I am wondering if I should do 2 reservations so I can switch out the first 2 days no issues at 7 months and then call at 9 am and switch the rest? Or do I sit and wait until 7 months and do it all and see what we get. We're pretty sure on the dates but with SW bookings not until 6-7 months out booking early won't help me that way.

It's been forever since I've crossed a UY - before online booking even LOL

nickys

Premium Member
Fortunately with OKW I have a few days to decide on it. I am wondering if I should do 2 reservations so I can switch out the first 2 days no issues at 7 months and then call at 9 am and switch the rest? Or do I sit and wait until 7 months and do it all and see what we get. We're pretty sure on the dates but with SW bookings not until 6-7 months out booking early won't help me that way.

It's been forever since I've crossed a UY - before online booking even LOL

If you did two reservations, wouldn’t you need to wait another 2 days to switch the second part? Or could you just modify it to include the rest? I don’t know if they let you do that!

I might be tempted just to do it all at once.

Not really being much help am I lol! I would ask over on MO to be honest. :)

correcaminos

Original Poster
If you did two reservations, wouldn’t you need to wait another 2 days to switch the second part? Or could you just modify it to include the rest? I don’t know if they let you do that!

I might be tempted just to do it all at once.

Not really being much help am I lol! I would ask over on MO to be honest. :)

I could call after I change out the first 2 days and have them extend it just like I would've done if I book this online. Just the first 2 days and then call at 9am. The days should still be there.

I just don't do this kind of thing normally LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom