Cronuts come to Epcot

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Per the Disney Food Blog the “Cronut” or Croissant Donut, as the name is trademarked, is now being sold at the refreshment port in Epcot. I have heard about these things but have never tried one. Has anyone tried one of these on or off property? If so, are they all they're cracked up to be or is it a lot of hype?

Darkzeid25

I've never had an actual "cronut" but I have had a version similar to the Disney one at Stew Leonards. When they are hot, they are amazing. Like a buttery churro. Hopefully the Disney one will be just as good and fresh.

Minnie_girl

Awesome! :)
75.gif

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've never had an actual "cronut" but I have had a version similar to the Disney one at Stew Leonards. When they are hot, they are amazing. Like a buttery churro. Hopefully the Disney one will be just as good and fresh.
Yeah me too (they had a powered sugar version and vanilla frosted version in one package). I actually made a special trip back the next day just for those delicious fried circles of joy. I put the breaks on after the thought about going back a third time popped into my head again.
If I allowed my food desires to take over I'd be 500lbs in no time.

luv

This is one I can skip and not feel like I'm sacrificing. :)

Eager to hear how everyone else likes it, though!

acishere

People here in NYC line up for two hours or more for these crazy things. Then again , New Yorkers will line up for pretty much anything. I've never had them because no donut is worth a two hour wait in my humble opinion.
I considered trying to get in line for the bakery that makes the cronut, but waking up at sunrise and heading down there in the cold to wait in a massive line just seems like too much unpleasantness for a donut. If it was a nice day in the 60s-70s I would consider it.

The line at Epcot might be better so maybe I should just wait for when I make my next trip there.

rt06

People here in NYC line up for two hours or more for these crazy things. Then again , New Yorkers will line up for pretty much anything. I've never had them because no donut is worth a two hour wait in my humble opinion.

Midtown Halal food truck for lunch. Half hour wait? No problem.

Breakfast sandwich in the morning. 30 seconds? Grr...

acishere

Midtown Halal food truck for lunch. Half hour wait? No problem.

Breakfast sandwich in the morning. 30 seconds? Grr...
I have wasted entire lunch breaks in line at Shake Shack. Breakfast I have no time for waiting. I need my coffee and food quick.

I would rather have try the cronut as a midday snack anyway.

Hot Lava

It depends if these are really exactly like the "real" ones. I would like to try them, but nothing would make me wait hours in line for a pastry.

That said, several months ago, the guy who owns that bakery brought a bunch to the O&A show (along with some new creation he had that I cannot recall). All the members of the show and Hugh Jackman (in-studio guest at the time) had been dissing the cronuts, talking about how insane it was to wait in line, and how none of them would ever do it.

Then they all tasted the cronuts. And everyone thought they were the best thing they had ever tasted. No one could get over ow good they actually were. Jackman was even trying to convince the guy to let him avoid the line next time he was NYC. The guy said he had to wait like everyone else:happy:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom