Critique my plan for june

Dsjewell

Here is our trip plan so far. Not that anyone asked for it, but I love talking about it.
Day 1 land at Mco at 7:20 pm staying at Drury Orlando. Might go to ds but probably not.
Day 2 check in to poly, Ohana at 3:30 evening park plan tbt
Day 3 bog at 8:30, bbb for dw and dd 12:30, Cinderella open table at 2:20 for dw and dd. Me and boys just do our touring plan for Adventureland and whatever else. Head back at 4:00.
Day 4 cm at 7:35am then Ak
Day5 Ohana breakfast at 9:10 then water park Evening plans unknown.
Day 6 gg ppo adr 8:15, akershus for dd and dw at 11:55, me and boys Biergarten at 12:00. 7:50 fantasmic vip show.
Day7 emm Hs sci-fi at 3:05
Day 8 emm MK flight out at 5:20.

Any thoughts? 7 and 5 ds and 4 yo dd. I’ve been wondering about dropping the bog since our first night at the poly is emh and staying at MK later and sleeping ina bit in the morning.

ctcdisneymama

thoughts about going back to poly to rest on your mk day and heading back for the evening? not sure how you all feel about the fireworks/shows but HEA is awesome and would recommend seeing!

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply! We have a ph pass for the day we check into the poly and it is also emh at MK that night. Last year we did the hea dessert party and it was great but a one time thing. Since we’re hopefully rested and ready on wed for our check in day I was thinking of taking the kids to MK that first night and riding till we drop and possibly cancel our bog res the next day for our 2nd MK day. We have lots of character meals planned including dd and dw at Cinderella’s the same day.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I like the plan for going back and enjoying Poly on Day 3. You will want some time to enjoy the resort plus you need some rest time to get ready for the next day. I haven't had BOG for breakfast, but I have heard that it isn't worth the price. If you haven't experienced BOG at all though, you may still want to go. It is a beautiful restaurant! I love to tell people to try to eat in the "West Wing." I think it's the room with the best "experience." Enjoy your WDW vacation!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Day 1 land at Mco at 7:20 pm staying at Drury Orlando. Might go to ds but probably not.
Day 2 check in to poly, Ohana at 3:30 evening park plan tbt
Day 3 bog at 8:30, bbb for dw and dd 12:30, Cinderella open table at 2:20 for dw and dd. Me and boys just do our touring plan for Adventureland and whatever else. Head back at 4:00.
Day 4 cm at 7:35am then Ak
Day5 Ohana breakfast at 9:10 then water park Evening plans unknown.
Day 6 gg ppo adr 8:15, akershus for dd and dw at 11:55, me and boys Biergarten at 12:00. 7:50 fantasmic vip show.
Day7 emm Hs sci-fi at 3:05
Day 8 emm MK flight out at 5:20.

Here are my random thoughts:

Day 2 - This would be a good day to start touring the Magic Kingdom. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are good choices in the morning (you can get 7DMT, Peter Pan and Space Mountain out of the way first thing or with FP+, and then work your way back through for the anytime attractions). Have lunch and relax at the Poly for a bit. After you've had your meal at 'Ohana, you can go back to MK. The Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square side is a good one to tackle in the evenings. Use FP+ for your top choices out of Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and/or the Jungle Cruise.

Day 3 - Sounds like this day will be devoted to an exhausting itinerary of dining and princess makeovers. A perfect evening to relax around the pool.

Day 4 - CM? (Sorry, since I also participate on an infertility board, I'm reading that as "cervical mucus," which I suspect is not accurate.) If this is your only day at AK, and if "CM" is going to result in you arriving after rope drop, be sure you use your FP+ wisely (Flight of Passage, Safari, Expedition Everest, etc.) and have a good touring plan in mind. If you're looking for a good meal TS meal whilst in the park, I recommend Yak & Yeti. If you join the Landry's rewards program (you pay $20, but you get a $20 credit the first time you eat at a Landry's restaurant, so it costs nothing in the aggregate), you are entitled to priority seating and won't even have to make a reservation: just waltz in whenever you're ready to eat.

Day 6 - Why not see Fantasmic! on your HS day instead of your Epcot day? It looks like this is the only day you're planning to visit more than one park, so if you did Fantasmic! on your HS day, you wouldn't even need to invest in parkhopper tickets.

Days 7 and 8 - Why are you paying for extra magic mornings? You're onsite and get EMH for free -- I'd suggest saving your money.

Overall - It looks like you've got a good balance of park touring and downtime. If this were my family's plan, my main concern would be that you're sacrificing some of the best morning touring time (you can get more done in the first 2 hours after park opening than you can for the rest of the day combined - and that includes the water parks, too) by tying yourself down to breakfast reservations on multiple mornings -- and those character meals can take FOREVER, so by the time you are able to start touring, all the attraction lines will be at their peak. And then in some cases you're going back to a TS restaurant for lunch, leaving you very little time to tour and/or work up an appetite. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Thanks for the notes!
Day2 we’ll have to check in and see the resort so I’ll doubt we will be able to get to MK until after Ohana, I figure the kids will be pumped to get to MK so we’ll probably stay there until after hea and maybe even later. The early bog on day 3 may have to go because we have the emm on departure day and I know we will get fantasyland covered. We did emm last year and it was the highlight of the trip. Getting to ride 7dmt over and over was heaven for the boys. I know I’ll be able to score some fp for mk Spread out over the week to really take our time with MK. While our 4yo daughter is getting prettier up for open table me and the boys will do the rides she isn’t as keen on. I don’t think the boys will mind not doing bog. The chef Mickey res before AKL seemed like a good idea because that is really the only chance our daughter will get to see Minnie. We did tusker house last year ppo and it really didn’t accomplish much other than it was a wonderful breakfast. I guess I’m pusing the character breakfasts because that is the one meal They eat each day and love. We had really bad experiences with qs last year. We did a full day at ak last year and I thought that would be the best park to not see as much. Yak & yeti was great with the Landry’s card last year and I was thinking pizzafari even though I personally hate pizza. With MVT the price was so much less than Disney that the ph seemed like a good choice for evenings when we can hop the monorail to Epcot to explore. The package included 1 water park but I figured only 4 hours for bb. Should I plan for longer? I know the poly pool will keep them happy. By hitting Epcot a bit before our actual Epcot day possibly after wp I figured once we got fea, soarin and tot out of the way the other rides would be easy. Hs worries me a bit. 1. We skipped it last year because tsl wasn’t open yet and tsm was closed. I know they won’t do tot or rrc so all that’s left are the shows and Jedi training. With the emm there we won’t have to do the rd madness which I keep hearing about. We can get a show or two in before fantasmic and finish up after emm so we can have one more afternoon at the resort and fireworks from the beach. I wanted to do the emm MK as a big send off before heading home, but I agree the price is a lot. It sounds like Ohana breakfast and gg cm might be a bit much.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
The aksherhaus lunch is again just for dd and dw. Since it’s Father’s Day that day I wanted a big meal to treat myself. Is the akershus and open table dining too similar? Is it worth doing both?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The aksherhaus lunch is again just for dd and dw. Since it’s Father’s Day that day I wanted a big meal to treat myself. Is the akershus and open table dining too similar? Is it worth doing both?

Do you mean Cinderella's Royal Table? Yes, its is a similar experience to Akershus. I see Akershus as a lower-budget version of Cinderella's Royal Table, where you'll see almost all of the same princesses and eat in a castle. Obviously, the menus are different, and Cinderella's Royal Table has the advantage of being inside the iconic castle at the center of the MK - but on the other hand, you can't see much of anything out of its stained glass/bubble glass windows other than some blurry figures on the street below. Both also include a pre-meal photo (with Cinderella at Cinderella's Royal Table, and Belle at Akershus) and a rotating selection of princesses. (There will be some overlap, so if your daughter does both she'll meet several of the princesses twice). We found the Akershus meal to be a little quieter and the interactions more relaxed, as the princesses had fewer guests to greet than at Cinderella's Royal Table and could take their time, but YMMV.

Also, FWIW, if your daughter wants to meet Minnie, Chef Mickey's isn't your only option. She can easily be met at the Epcot Character Spot, or in the MK at Pete's Silly Sideshow (as well as other locations in all four parks). Go early or late for a minimal wait.

....also, you mentioned Blizzard Beach. 4 hours is plenty of time to do everything there, especially if you get there early. (My family did the whole park in 3.5 hours, doing many things several times), but we visited on a low-crowd day and were among the first people through the gates at park opening.) If the weather is nice, and you're not arriving until well after rope drop and want to do some of the rides and slides more than once, your wait times will be a bit higher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Gosh there is so much to consider! Thanks again for all of your insights. We have to do Cinderella since she’s gonna be dressed up after her makeover but I think I’ll talk to dw about dropping akershus.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I ended up dropping chef Mickey, akershus, and Biergarten. Of all the qs at Disney would it be safe to say that Epcot offers a lot of good choices?

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I ended up dropping chef Mickey, akershus, and Biergarten. Of all the qs at Disney would it be safe to say that Epcot offers a lot of good choices?
Have you looked through the menus? Epcot has great QS options, IMO. I don't know your dates, but if there is a festival going on, Epcot has food tents/outdoor kitchens as well.

ETA: It looks like Flower & Garden ends June 3, so probably not applicable to your plan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
BOG breakfast is terrible. Worst food (and worst value) in all of WDW IMO.
Sounds like it would be better to hang out late for emh at MK and sleep in then. Seems like way too much for our girl to have bog and Cinderella anyway. I’m going from to few ts credits to too many. That’ll work though. Might go with spirit of aloha on night even though the reviews are really bad.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sounds like it would be better to hang out late for emh at MK and sleep in then. Seems like way too much for our girl to have bog and Cinderella anyway. I’m going from to few ts credits to too many. That’ll work though. Might go with spirit of aloha on night even though the reviews are really bad.
BOG is QS at breakfast.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I dropped an 8 am BOG ADR after looking at the menu and reviews and replaced it with Plaza. We've already eaten there, so seeing the ambiance isn't important to us. If the point of the meal is to eat early in the park, there are other options.
Smart. For BOG breakfast to be anywhere near worth it, it would have to be 8am and also on the dining plan. Even then it's dicey.

If you're paying cash or eating at a "normal" time of the day that doesn't gain you early admission, forget it.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
We’ll have to use four credits for just wife and daughter that day any way. Worse case scenario, or order room service for just myself after they’re asleep. If you see a guy on a bench eating a twilight feast alone. Don’t be alarmed

Upvote 0

aliceismad

We’ll have to use four credits for just wife and daughter that day any way. Worse case scenario, or order room service for just myself after they’re asleep. If you see a guy on a bench eating a twilight feast alone. Don’t be alarmed
TS or QS credits? Could you use them another day? What are you eating on your check out day before your flight out? With EMM at MK, that might be a good day to eat at Chef Mickey or some where along the monorail route for lunch before the airport.

Also why couldn't you do a park on Day 2 in the morning, before check in? Or do you have other plans? I'd do a park morning since you have a ticket for that day. Check in isn't until 3 anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dsjewell

Original Poster
6 nights
Ohana first day
4 ts credits used for Cinderella for two people 2 day
Pizzafari on day 3 yuk I hate pizza But a crowd pleaser
Ohana breakfast day 4
Garden grill ppo day 5
Sci fi day 6 with emm
Day 7 emm MK
I think that will leave me with 1 ts credit

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom