Crescent Lake boat service service temporary suspended

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
All the boat service on Crescent lake has been suspended temporarily. The water level is way too high for safe service. They can't fit under the bridges safely nor are the docks sitting in a safe position. This is the first time since 2005 this has happened. They don't expect service to resume for a couple of days. Extra buses are now in service in the affected areas.

cspencer96

Shouldn't take too long to go back to normal, I would think. The waterways are designed to be manageable enough that they can move the water around and lower the levels (or raise them) when needed, using the pumping stations and canals all over property. Hopefully this interruption won't last long.

Innkeeper's Club

Personally speaking whenever I go from the Boardwalk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, the majority of those times I always walk. The Boardwalk is already the closest resort to Hollywood Studios and when you factor in stopping at the Yacht Club/Beach Club dock and the Swan/Dolphin dock before it arrives at Hollywood Studios, walking for me is a lot faster. Plus it's the reverse when leaving Hollywood Studios since the stops are Swan/Dolphin, Yacht Club/Beach Club before getting back to the Boardwalk.

The only times I will take the boat if it happens to be at the dock when leaving the International Gateway when leaving Epcot or if it might start to rain and the boats are able to still operate, if there is no threat of lightning in area.

goodolgm

So, quick question. Do they always raise the World Showcase drawbridge when putting the Friendship Boats to bed at the Epcot marina? I saw it last night for the first time ever and was wondering if I just never noticed a nightly occurrence or if it was due to high water levels...

R W B

I'm surprised I only see one Feb in your history.

Why would they leave New Orleans in February and miss the real Mardi Gras?

We actually did our first Mardi Gras trip this past spring. Mardi Gras was late this year, the first week of March. We still took in many Mardi Gras activities though since its a 2-3 week season but we left the week of mardi gras day which was a good thing because it stormed Mardi Gras day here in Nola so no one did a lot. I know next year Mardi Gras week and presidents week are at the same time so WDW will be packed and I won't be there lol. It was packed with LSU/Saints gear this past trip though, I felt right at home lol.

The one Feburary trip I've taken was actually the week of valentines day during a Cheerleading compition!! Lol

StageFrenzy

We actually did our first Mardi Gras trip this past spring. Mardi Gras was late this year, the first week of March. We still took in many Mardi Gras activities though since its a 2-3 week season but we left the week of mardi gras day which was a good thing because it stormed Mardi Gras day here in Nola so no one did a lot. I know next year Mardi Gras week and presidents week are at the same time so WDW will be packed and I won't be there lol. It was packed with LSU/Saints gear this past trip though, I felt right at home lol.

The one Feburary trip I've taken was actually the week of valentines day during a Cheerleading compition!! Lol
You poor poor person. :cautious::facepalm::geek: In the past Mardi Gras week coincided with ESPN the weekend.

R W B

You poor poor person. :cautious::facepalm::geek: In the past Mardi Gras week coincided with ESPN the weekend.
I was pretty upset that they stopped ESPN the weekend. I was actually making plans to go the first year they stopped doing it. Idk why they stopped, guess the money wasn't there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom