Credit/Debit Usage at the Parks ??? I forget!

mikeymouse

Original Poster
I can't remember if most places take credit/debit cards at WDW or not. ??? We used travelers cheques in '07 and they were a pain!!! Golden Corral wouldn't take them.

AliciaLuvzDizne

I can't remember if most places take credit/debit cards at WDW or not. ??? We used travelers cheques in '07 and they were a pain!!! Golden Corral wouldn't take them.
Visa or Mastercard logo...everyone takes those. They work just like credit cards.

WDW takes travelers checks too... Golden Coral isn't on Disney property

goodtimes5286

Best thing to do (imo) is link up your debit/credit with your disney key card at the hotel. That way you know your covered. I think even the carts accept those if im not mistaken (which I often am)

Pioneer Hall

Almost everything in Disney is now credit card enabled. There might be a cart here or there that doesn't accept one, but those are few and far between. Disney also accepts all major credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, AMEX, etc), so there shouldn't be any issues.

Cityman

Just returned Apr 10, 2009

All Disney parks accepted any card with a Visa/MC logo debit or credit and Discover cards too. Even the smallest concession stands now have the capability to accept credit/debit cards... It was nice not having to carry so much cash around...

Mostly all places take debit cards but what we did with our kids was load Disney gift cards so they had a budget each day. I believe that most gift shops have them, there easy to load with cash. It might be a solution if you don't want to take debit cards in the parks.

PaisleyMF

another solution if in doubt, instead of Travelers check, check about travelers card, is the same as a check but in card form. I think AMEX do them. Or a prepaid debit card... check with your bank for there, and maybe getting them with names.

heliumalias

another solution if in doubt, instead of Travelers check, check about travelers card, is the same as a check but in card form. I think AMEX do them. Or a prepaid debit card... check with your bank for there, and maybe getting them with names.

Amex no longer do them. Credit/debit cards are the most secure way of carrying money around. I personally only use cash for small purchases (bottle of water etc) and then cards for the rest. Travellers' checks are definitely not worth the hassle.

goodtimes5286

Agreed, once you stay on property you never go back, great perks and great deals right now.
He hasnt posted back yet, but im really curious as to what he paid, b/c like you said, the deals man, the DEALS!

Plus if you go at certain times of the year during any economy, there are deals to be had, you just have to know when to go and research it a bit (but thats easy for me to say b/c i love planning trips and i have the time for it b/c im a college student). elem skool, middle skool, high skool is a joke, theres nothing wrong (imo) in taking your kids out for a couple days to bring unity to the family. i skipped more then a couple times a month!

brucie

He hasnt posted back yet, but im really curious as to what he paid, b/c like you said, the deals man, the DEALS!

Plus if you go at certain times of the year during any economy, there are deals to be had, you just have to know when to go and research it a bit (but thats easy for me to say b/c i love planning trips and i have the time for it b/c im a college student). elem skool, middle skool, high skool is a joke, theres nothing wrong (imo) in taking your kids out for a couple days to bring unity to the family. i skipped more then a couple times a month!

So true if I hadn't just lost my job I so would be taking advantage of the buy 4 get 3 free or Free Dining in Sept (my favorite) I also like to plan out trips. I frequent the Disney site and work out different deals for different times. I know more about Disney travel then most travel agents (and at least as much as Kingdom Konsultants, they seem to really know there stuff). We were always taken out of school to go to Disney. It may seem like a big deal at the time to some parents but it's so not. I wish I was there now.

mickeymatt

"Credit/debit cards are the most secure way of carrying money around"

Very true - but DO understand one important difference between a CC and a Debit Card...

NONE of the laws put into place for CC's to protect comsumers apply to Debit Cards.

Effect? None, really - unless you are buying something major that you want CC consumer protection laws to apply to.

I believe that if you carry a Visa debit card you have the same protection.

nesgarcia

If you check at CVS or Walgreen I believe they have the Green Dot prepaid credit cards. You can research it online. If not you can just buy the Gift cards and load them up as a budget sort of way....

For off property, Best Western Lakeside, AAA members get $45.00/Night all year round. Right behind Animal Kindom and very little traffic. Lotus of restaurants nearby as well as a Walgreen. I usually stay at Pop Century prices permitting but if more than $60/Night then Best Western is my next choice...

GOOD LUCK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom