Creative Media Contest 1: WDW Halloween WaltPaper

Legacy

Original Poster
WaltPaper Contest

Topic: WDW Halloween

Deadline: 21 October. Midnight-EST

Prize: Winner will choose subject for next Creative Media Contest. I will contact winners by PM for their preferences at the closing of each contest.

All WaltPaper entries must be submitted in JPEG, GIF, or BMP format. The dimensions for the entries will be 700 pixels high x 525 pixelswide. No animations please.

Entries that do not follow any of the above guidelines will not be accepted.

If you have any questions about what is appropriate go ahead and ask. The Creative Media Contest are for just that, being creative. :wave:

duchess1576

WaltPaper Contest

Topic: WDW Halloween

Deadline: 21 October. Midnight-EST

Prize: Winner will choose subject for next Creative Media Contest. I will contact winners by PM for their preferences at the closing of each contest.

All WaltPaper entries must be submitted in JPEG, GIF, or BMP format. The dimensions for the entries will be 700 pixels high x 525 pixelswide. No animations please.

Entries that do not follow any of the above guidelines will not be accepted.

If you have any questions about what is appropriate go ahead and ask. The Creative Media Contest are for just that, being creative. :wave:

sounds like fun!

except

WaltPaper Contest

The dimensions for the entries will be 700 pixels high x 525 pixelswide.

???

i don't get it

even the smallest wallpapers are 800x600

Legacy

Original Poster
???

i don't get it

even the smallest wallpapers are 800x600
The submissions need to be that small due to the limitations of the website. Obviously... people can build them in normal dimensions and then use a shrunken version for the contest. If someone is interest in a full resolution on, then all that is needed is the request for it.

Main Street USA

Aaaaaah, ye old waltpaper contests are back. Now Inc started them, I ran them for a year or two, and now the torch is lit once again!

...and you stole my term "Waltpaper!" ;)

Don't know if I'll have the time to participate as I used to, but if I do, I'll enter something. For those that want to see some examples from the old ones, you can still find them by using the search function. Just search Waltpaper Contest or Wallpaper Contest. I'd say about 30 or 40, complete with some awesome submissions, will show up. Enjoy!

duchess1576

The submissions need to be that small due to the limitations of the website. Obviously... people can build them in normal dimensions and then use a shrunken version for the contest. If someone is interest in a full resolution on, then all that is needed is the request for it.

ohhhhhh

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
:sohappy:
A contest for those who wish to express their computer artistry !

I'm glad this was bought back, maybe now the members wanting a creative outlet will be appeased.

Legacy

Original Poster
can they be any pictures or pictures that we've taken?

This isn't so much a "picture" contest as a creative contest. Most of the entries will involve a pretty heavy amount of photoshopping and limit recognizable photo use. If a straight photo is what you want to submit though, go to. Just make sure that it something that you own the rights to.

Legacy

Original Poster
And to go ahead and start it off.

Here is my entry.

Hall06WaltPaperSM.jpg

LilDucky

You know, I dont own photoshop (and even if I did, I wouldnt be artsy or creative enough to do anything with it), but I'm glad this was reinitiated. The entries, although only 2 so far, have been fantastic!!! :sohappy:

Voting is going to be so difficult for this! :eek:

Main Street USA

Well, because of limited time, I'm submitting my 2004 wallpaper altered for 2006. If this is a problem for the contest (and I assume it probably is) just disqualify it and I'll try to find time to whip up something simple before the 21st. If nothing else, it'll move the thread along. Man, I love Halloween! If only I could spend it at WDW!

altered-for-2006.jpg

Legacy

Original Poster
Zac, I have no qualms with a slight modification being your entry for this contest. I am all for having as many entries as possible in this to at least provide a general awareness to the competition, so I am willing to make this one exception. If you come up with something else that you feel is better, by all means submit it, but I want everyone to know that I will allow this one only for competition's sake (and I know you would do better if you had the time).

However, if one person has an issue with submitting a modification from the past, than let it be known. I'm counting this as a re-establishment of the contest as a whole (with a slightly streamlined format with one Creative Media contest instead of several different types). However, Zac's current entry for this first contest will be an exception, NOT the rule.

brkgnews

No qualms here.

I'm working on an entry, but I really wasn't happy with how Ver 1.0 turned out, so I'm throwing out the baby with the bathwater and trying again.

imagineer99

Hey legacy,

I want to see you succeed, so I quickly whipped something together for ya'. Definitely not my best, but I figure the more the merrier.

halloween2006_small.jpg

If anyone's interested, I have actual wall-paper sizes as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom