Creative Development/Concept art

Chad

Original Poster
OK, this is my team, so listen up! We are gonna systematically go through the different lands and dream up whatever we can for them.
Are you guys ok with the 'Atlantis being the front entrance' and then having the other 4 lands? If so, we can work on Atlantis first (Then polynesia, futureimagineer, I promise we'd work on that next :) )
How does that sound?

WeirdOne

Here Goes...

Here's One Idea, You Guys Develop...

I Thought This One A While Back, But For The Fireworks, We Could Have An Electric Rainbow Effect...

For Atlantis...A Water Show...With Blue Fireworks (Water Theme)
For Native American...White Fireworks And Lasers (Star Theme)
For Polynesia...No Clue What To Do...
For Egypt...Yellow Fireworks And And Exploding Tomb...(Think Dynamite Shack/Stunt Show Effect Also, Yellow Cause Desert)
For South American...We Could Do Green Fireworks And A Mystic Rythms Type Show (Green For Jungle)

In The End, they all shoot off their colors and they culminate in a Electric Rainbow. Get It?

Now, Let's Develop This Nightime Show...

Chad

Original Poster
A different show in each land, or each shown in the middle? Kinda like the way they play different music frome ach land at the magic kingdom..

WeirdOne

Answer...

The Show Could Be All Around The Mountain...Like Circlevision...and the fireworks fire off from locations in each land. I hope to have a picture drawn soon. You Like?

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
Very much so!!!
I think it would be neat if we had each region have a different mountain, and have a different show at each mountain...Whatya think of that? And for polynesian, go for a volcano effect. If we do the show on the mountain, which for polynesia is a volcano (so far anyways, nothing set in stone) You could have red fireworks, fake lava, pyrotechnics galore, basically, you could have a mock eruption, but with colorful fireworks!

Chad

Original Poster
Very much so!!!
I think it would be neat if we had each region have a different mountain, and have a different show at each mountain...Whatya think of that? And for polynesian, go for a volcano effect. If we do the show on the mountain, which for polynesia is a volcano (so far anyways, nothing set in stone) You could have red fireworks, fake lava, pyrotechnics galore, basically, you could have a mock eruption, but with colorful fireworks! This way, you could come back 5 times and see a different show in each land

WeirdOne

Ok, I've attached a picture with a basic layout of the show...kinda...anyhow...I can plan this show so great...thing legends kinda like Fantastic...

Anyhow...each land will get a show at the base of the mountain the the side the land is on. Atlantis gets the stage with a water and fireworks (blue) show. Egypt gets tombs and desrt fireworks. Polynesia gets a mock volcano and tribal dance show. Native Americans white fireworks and lasers to go along with the star theme. And for South America, a rainforest theme. I've got part of the script started, so look for that soon. The WeirdOne :D

Attachments

• mountainshow.jpg
    mountainshow.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 90

Chad

Original Poster
I'm thinking that seats are not such a good idea...

But here's my idea for the main entrance (Whats this, like my 3rd one?)

I've adapted one of my old water ride ideas to fit into the main E-ticket ride housed inside the temple/mountain, and have some very colorful pictures half complete, I should (hopefully) have em' up by tommorow evening.

To start off with, you would enter into a cave below the temple, I'm not going to describe the external temple as that will be shown in my picture..

it would start off as a cave, and evetually melt into a tunnel in an old temple, carvings, toppled pillars, the whole shebang. MOving on, you would wind through the line, you would come to a chamber, (this would still be the queue) and the line would circle around a crystal suspended from the ceiling. ABout every 5 mintues, and image would appear in the crystal, the figure would be a woman, dressed in a long priest-like white coat
"Humans, listen to me. You have stubbled into the ruins of our city. When neptune took out his fury on Atlantis, he left nothing as he ripped through our home. We managed to seal a select few of us deeper in this cavern, a crystal key is attached to a boat, just up ahead, this will gives us the power we need to rebuild our civilization. Please, bring it to us. But beware, Neptune will do anything to find the crystal..." the image would then dissapear and you would proceed to the loading area, same setup as Kali river rapids, except for a few MINOR details. First, the boats would not have seats that faced the center, they would all face fowards, second, you would be given 3-d glasses (similar to lab glasses, the kind that are secure behind your ears) The boats would also be loosely connected to a track, which weould keep the boat facing fowards but allow it to rock back and forth through the river. Also, a large crystal would be attached to the front of the boat, rigged so it can light up (Will be needed later) First thing that will happen is that you would enter a chamber, and your boat would begin climbing a lift hill. Screens above you would show sprites (resembling pixies) flying about, (amplified with the help of 3-d) One would speak up in a high pitched girls voice, "Do ou know the story of atlantis?" another would answer,"I don't think they do..." "We should tell them! We should tell them!" an energetic third sprite would say, and then they would begin spinning in circles, faster and faster until a door opens at the top of the lift hill, and into an area that revealed atlantis at its peak beauty, your boat slightly rocking as you float down the river..
"Atlantis was a thriving city...Envy of the Gods.."
the sprite would say, various things would get you wet here, pipes leaking water, sculptures spraying at you...
"One god in partcular, was very envious...Neptune thought that the Atlantians were taking over the ocean..."
Suddenly, you would enter a much darker room, clouds flying overhead, Netune would rise up from the sea, (On 3-d screens) and raise his trident, striking the surrounding town with lighting (ALso 3-d) but the buildings being struck would respond by spewing real flames...SImilar to the way the 3-d screens of spiderman interact with the real world.
"He sent a huge wave of water to destroy the great city..."
Suddenly a huge gush of water would be released, to simulate a tidal wave, at this almost exact moment, you would go down a fall that would lead outside, then back inside the building.
"But we sealed a portion of our city, and have lived here, waiting for someone to bring the crystal to us..." Expecting to see the sprites, instead you would see a priestess,"Thankyou for soming to save us.." she would say, you would be floating around in a circle, so that this scene can be played through without interuption. Suddenly, a loud laughing can be heard, and neptune appears..
"FOOLS! They lead me RIGHT to your hiding place, and now, I can complete the job I started almost a millenia ago!!..And I'll start by destroying that annoying little CRYSTAL!" he turns his attention to the passengers, who go down another steep fall, splashing down and going through turbulent waters as neptune appears on the 3-d screens and attempts to stab, poke, shoot you with fireballs, and other fun things, all seemingly real with the help of 3-d and gadgets in the room... For example..The projected neptune could hit the water with his trident, and real water jets in the river would then spray the guests..
Anyway, soon, you would hear him say
"Enough play, it's time to end this...I'm going to send you and that crystal directly to hades!"
The boat would get on another lift hill, and at the top he would be projected on a screen, Neptune creates a portal to hades, that spins, and makes it seem like he is levitating you up to the portal, when in reality, it is just a lift hill..Once you get close to him, the crystal suddenly begins to glow brightly...
"No..NO..NO...!!!!" He yells as mysteriously, the crystal banishes him into his own portal, and right before your boat reaches the portal, it dissapears, but then, a door opens, and you take a nice, long, wet plummet down, ending the ride with a splashing finish!
At the end, you would see an AA of the priestess standing there, she would lean down, dipping a staff near the crystal, both would glow, as if she was charging her staff.."Thankyou, Atlantis is forever in your debt...she would wave her staff, and it would be revealed that the entire room is screens (Like circlevision) and you would see atlantis rebuilt all around you in 3-d.then, you would sail through a hole (built to look like a tunnel) in the screen, and into the loading area...

Whatya think?

WeirdOne

Whatchya Think...

Ok, For That To Be The Main Attraction In The Mountain, I Don't Think So, I Seriously Think That The Island At The Top Of The World Ride Would Do Much Better, That Ride Could Be Also In The Mountain, But Not The Main Focus. That's My Opinion. As For The Show. I'm Planning That With A Script (HOMEWORK FIRST :(). Anyhow...That Ride Is Great, But Could Use Some Tweaking And We Need Planning Of The Area First Before We Place These. Ok, Homework Now...Toodles...

Chad

Original Poster
Hey, thats fine, someone mentioned it, BUT I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS!!! Someone give a summary of the ride!!!
I know we need a general layout of the area first, but I was trying to jumpstart some thoughts...seems to have grown kinda quiet here, and I wanted to give us something to talk about...
And what needs tweaking..?

Mikemc

Hi Chad

Apologies for the late show but I have been very busy at work.

There are some great ideas here and think they will probably all get used as we go along.

I like theidea as Atlantis entrance to the parkand perhaps we should concentrate on that first

WeirdOne

Ok...

As For The Flaws In Your Atlantis Boat Ride, They Are...You Are Too General. You Need A Scene By Scene Description And Maybe Even A Mock Script. In Actual Format, Etc. Ok, Anyhow...Here Is The Island At The Top Of The World Ride...

Courtesy Of The Fabulous Disney Babe On LaughingPlace...

The Hyperion was to have been the "weenie" of Discovery Bay. You know, that thing that sits deep inside a Magic Kingdom "Land" and doesn't block the integrity of the view from the hub, beckoning guests to come inside? Inside the Hyperion Hangar, as I mentioned last week, would be the Island at the Top of the World attraction.

The queue area would be the interior of the hangar, with the airship being prepared for its voyage. The passengers would wait in small boarding areas, and as they boarded, the Captain would appear and welcome them aboard. Both live Captains and virtual (on video) captains were discussed, and both considered. (Having visited Sea World's Wild Arctic attraction, I have often wondered if any of the Island team developed the attraction. There are quite a few similarities.)

The passengers are seated and properly restrained, and their adventure begins. Remember, this is 1976, long before there were simulators at every theme park and shopping mall under the sun. This is groundbreaking stuff. During this time, the sounds of cold engines being heated up and some "obviously disturbed chickens" is heard, and no matter what time of day it is, the airship ascends into a gorgeous sunset, which is shortly transformed to a breathtaking display of the Aurora Borealis. The Captain recounts some of the legends regarding the Northern Lights, but is interrupted by heavy turbulence. For safety, the ship is lowered to surface level, below the storm, after the First Mate suggests this.

Eerie ice formations float in the darkness below, replaced by more solid masses, as the Hyperion lowers, and chases a herd of reindeer on the icy ground. Passengers get to view some of the beautiful Arctic wildlife: Arctic hares, a polar bear family, seals, walrus, and a snow leopard, and pods of whales that seem to have someplace important to go, as they continuously pass us, swimming toward a wall of ice with a narrow gorge apparently cut into it.

Because of the storm, the Hyperion cannot rise above the ice wall, so a very suspenseful and dangerous passage into this gorge is navigated by our courageous Captain, into a large crystal labyrinth. Shattering ice crystals make tinkling sounds all around the ship, and the Captain orders the engines shut off, as the slightest vibration will send needles of razor-sharp ice hurtling everywhere.

A temple of ice signals the entrance to the ancient city of Astragard: huge, cloth-draped whale bones frame the temple, which paid homage to the whales, which provided food and other material for the lost civilization. The temple is completely covered with ice, and the people who worshipped there long gone. The Captain informs us that according to Captain Brieux, who first charted this journey, it served as the seaward gate to the Island at the Top of the World.

Suddenly, (remember, this is 1976; no one's heard of Greenpeace at WED) we are attacked by whales, and forced to start up the engines and speed forward to the ruins of Astragard. The once volcano-warmed city had frozen over, the inhabitants fleeing Southward. Captain Brieux had brought back amazing stories of fantastic creatures that lived here, but no one had ever been able to verify the wild stories. Stone carvings of some of these mythical creatures were all that remained.

The Captain is interrupted by the First Mate, who reports and unusual temperate zone directly ahead. The ship flies over a lush, warm garden, and another temple: The great Temple of Astrogard, which had been hidden by a wall of ice. The fires of the temple had broken through the ice, enabling us to peek inside the grounds as it grows hotter inside the ship. Wondrous creatures (so wondrous that one would be hard-put to actually get a proper description out of anyone as to what exactly they were thinking of putting there) would be visible in the garden below. The First Mate warns that the temperature is getting too warm; the ship could lose control, but the Captain ignored the advice, bent on capturing one of the creatures below.

Huge stone gods and flaming altars grace the interior of the temple, which is quite hot. Even more exotic creatures bask in the warmth of the flaming altars. The scene is interrupted when (say it together with me, folks!) Something Goes Terribly Wrong. The Hyperion goes into a stomach-turning upward spiral into the raging storm above. The Hyperion battles its way through the storm and, after a great deal of activity and chaos, the Captain regains control of the airship and steers us through a cloudbank, emerging above Discovery Bay, which appears in a beautiful nighttime panorama below as the ship breaks out of the clouds.

The passengers disembark at an airport, similar to what visitors to Wild Arctic experience today. On the way into the gift shop, they pass a news photographer attempting to pose the Captain with his newest acquisition..."a very strange mascot!"

This Is Just A Basic Runthrough Of The Ride...We Can Change It In AnyWay...The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
You favor a motion simulator over a cutting edge, new, never before done, 3-d/river-rapid hybrid?
I'm sorry, but this would have to be changed DRASTICALLY to even fit in with the Atlantis theme..It has absolutely nothing to do with atlantis...It's about a place called astrograd..and even if you replaced the name 'Atlantis' for 'Astrograd' it still would flow well as far as theming is concerned...

Now if I mis-read, and this really isn't a motion simulator, then I take back eveeeerrryyything I just said...

I think this story would be better suited for a dark ride, vehicles like the peter-pan boats soaring over the night-time beach, suddenly, a storm (very gentle, for the kids...wind, and rocking) knocks them off course and over atlantis, heck, wrap in a 'bermuda triangle' theme. Then, continue with a volcano exploding on one of the islands while you try to catch some of the odd creatures and blasting you back to your original place on the beach..

Sorry if I seem harsh..But a motion simulator for a 'signature attraction'? Please.... :rolleyes:

Chad

Original Poster
BTW, I know my ride description isn't great, heck, it doesnt even have a name yet, but thats cause I dreamed it up during chemistry today..(My grade sure is gonna suffer..Quantum electrons..oy..) I'm working on sketches for it now...

WeirdOne

Whoa There...

This Is In NO way a simulator. It is a multi sensory dark ride. Think Spiderman. Sorta. Anyhow. I agree, a simlator is not our signature attraction. Anyhow. Started The script to...

TA DA...

Disney's Land Of Legends Presents Legendia - A Nightime Show Of Epic Proportions

What Do You Think.

Chad

Original Poster
Ah-ha! See I knew it would be better as a dark ride! PHEW! you had me scared there for a minute :)
Yeah, that sounds great. I'm working on drawing the main big temple, which has just now tripled in size, not having just one main signature attraction, but two, "The Legend of Atlantis" and "Island at the top of the World"

The show sounds great :) I'm hearing a great soundtrack for it already...
I'll have pictures up soon..Including the waterfalls for your show :)

WeirdOne

Now Presenting Legendia...

Here Is Just The First Few Lines Of Our Script...This Is All Tenative...

Oh Yeah...Got To Go To Bed...The Rest Of My Script Tomorrow...

Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in 15 minutes Land Of Legends and GE will celebrate Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. The show can be experienced all around the Atlantian Mountain. Because of lower light levels around the mountain, please watch your step and take small children by the hand during the show. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Get ready, because tonight's celebration, Legendia, will begin in 15 minutes. Thank you.

Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in just 10 minutes the Land Of Legends family and GE will celebrate your day with a
performance of Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. There are still lots of great places to watch the show all around the mountain. Because of fireworks and lower light levels during the show, for your safety, we ask that you remain on the promenade side of all railings. During the show, please watch your step and take small children by the hand. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Find a good spot because Legendia will begin in just 10 minutes. Thank you.

Male Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, in just 5 minutes the Land Of Legends family and GE will celebrate celebrate your day with a performance of Legendia. At GE, we bring good things to life. There are still lots of great places to watch the show all around the mountain. Because of fireworks and lower light levels during the show, for your safety, we ask that you remain on the promenade side of all railings. During the show, please watch your step and take small children by the hand. Small children may be frightened by some effects, please be cautioned when letting them see Legendia. Find a good spot because Legendia will begin in just 5 minutes. Thank you.

Female Announcer: Good evening and welcome to Land Of Legends. Tonight we are pleased to present a visual journey, an international fantasy of music, light, and legends. We're about to embark on a sparkling, abstract expedition around Land Of Legends. With the legnds as your passport, we'll discover sights and sounds from colorful ports of call. And to celebrate our journey, the various legends will be united by the festive elements of water, fire, and light. And now, let your imagination be your guide as Land Of Legends proudly presents Legendia!

Ok, Tell Me What You Think...

P.S.-Good Night...

Hey hey, I like it......nice imaginaion..........I am a drummer..and I hink alot of the shows lack a really good underlying percussion element...I was wondering if the show can have a strng beat that evolves with the lights/fireworks and changes as does the show...a quicker beat maybe for the Central American land, and a slower beat maybe for the Atlantis theme...just a thought ...let me know.....

WeirdOne

Yes...

I agree Monorail Black...I'll make sure to add a good percussion element. Look for the script later today around 8PM. Later. And Thanks For The Suggestion Monorail Black. The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom