Creations Shop opening this summer

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
That is hideous. Colors are fine, and the general looks is fine. BUT the representation of Mickey is horrendous. wow.
2 of the 3 Mickeys look like imposters who are Mickey.
image2775294x.jpg

Looks fine to me.

hpyhnt 1000

Sigh... I'm sorry, but to say some "edgy" looking Mickeys are continuing the legacy of EPCOT's catalog of attraction murals is just...no.

Some palate cleansers below. Do Zach and his team really believe Mickey in Motion is even in the same league as these (and not just execution, but meaning and symbolism, too)?

1630692313641.png

1630692361912.png

1630692463699.png

1630692610938.png

1630692722471.png

1630692981767.png

[Edits made to the first section for better word choice.]

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Sigh... I'm sorry, but to compare some "edgy" looking Mickeys with EPCOT's catalog of attraction murals is just...no.

Some palate cleansers below. Do Zach and his team really believe Mickey in Motion is even in the same league as these (and not just execution, but meaning and symbolism, too)?

View attachment 584296
View attachment 584297

View attachment 584299

View attachment 584311

View attachment 584312
View attachment 584324
How dare you take away from thezackridely's totally original, heartfelt, completely real and not at all fake and completely scripted by the Disney PR Department Intagram post.

Casper Gutman

How dare you take away from thezackridely's totally original, heartfelt, completely real and not at all fake and completely scripted by the Disney PR Department Intagram post.
I don’t know what you people are complaining about. That looks exactly like the beloved Mackey Meese I grow up with.

Actually, it’s appropriate. That Mickey is to real Mickey as modern Epcot is to real Epcot.

jeanericuser001

Sigh... I'm sorry, but to say some "edgy" looking Mickeys are continuing the legacy of EPCOT's catalog of attraction murals is just...no.

View attachment 584296
View attachment 584297

View attachment 584299

View attachment 584311

View attachment 584312
View attachment 584324

Epcot old school had some truly memorable murals and even decades later it still amazes me how truly ahead of their time much of that stuff was. These days the reuse of disney character ips seems like an artistic deevolution compared to what we use to have.

ppete1975

View attachment 584296
View attachment 584297

View attachment 584299

View attachment 584311

View attachment 584312
View attachment 584324

couldnt agree more. While the mickey is nice, i do miss the old mosaics and the heart and thought that went into them. And for a park that for so long wanted its own identity its sad to see such a big mickey influence or any disney character. Why not use Figment? Or some images of the past SMRT-1, buzzy, the butler or even ken jennings. SO MUCH HISTORY!! A loyal fanbase, where nostalgia is high. And we get .... mickey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom