Creations Shop opening this summer

Dizknee_Phreek

I can understand the criticism of the name.

I have trouble understanding the criticism of a Mickey mural when the previous theme was themed to Mickey Mouse(gear).
I think the general aesthetic of MG worked (at least for a while) because it fit in with the rest of the spine. As gaudy as it all was (different times and all that). The difference now is that Figment has only grown in popularity since MG was first created. He has proven to have staying power even though management tried their best to bury him, AND he sells merch. Not that a mural would sell more merch, but at least it would be more Epcot exclusive. I would understand if they didn't want to put him in the store since he's not in that "neighborhood". But in that case, put in a mural of SSE or even the logos of the different Epcot pavilions. To me the store remodel should have tastefully screamed Epcot, especially since Zach wants to brag that he gets why people loved classic Epcot so much. Instead, they went the generic/non-exclusive route and designed a store that could easily be confused with something at Disney Springs. It's just disappointing, especially for us hardcore Epcot fans.

Bocabear

I am expecting something like this...
club cool.jpg

DisneyNorthFan

So I watched Martin's Communicore video that had a tour of Centorium. First, Martins videos are fantastic - so interesting to see the history. As for the Centorium retail shop ... It was hard to discern any consistent theme - astronaut Mickey, golfing Goofy, and Minnie & Mickey in a car ... it seemed to be all over the place. I'm not saying there weren't some fun things to see ... but seems like it would be picked apart today if they showed us concept art portraying that as a brand new concept (putting nostalgia aside). There was also way more classic Disney IP in the shop than I expected to see.

Bocabear

Centorium Shop was 40 years ago...Of course products and guest expectation have drastically changed sine then... The upper florr shop had art and collectibles... Like a Disney Gallery.
Seems like as a whole the shop really devolved, and now it is to become generic contemporary and boring like what they did to World Of Disney... Plain rooms and fixtures...not an experience... completely meh. I don't even bother to go in that shop anymore...

MickeyMouse10

I'm a Mickey fan, but this doesn't belong in Epcot. This goes away from the original idea for the theme park. I would have rather seen it be a store that showcases the new sections (space, celebration, nature).

What is Epcot now anyways? The Whatever park???

P.S. Celebration sucks, they should have called the whole front of the park "World Discovery".

PrinceCharming617

So I watched Martin's Communicore video that had a tour of Centorium. First, Martins videos are fantastic - so interesting to see the history. As for the Centorium retail shop ... It was hard to discern any consistent theme - astronaut Mickey, golfing Goofy, and Minnie & Mickey in a car ... it seemed to be all over the place. I'm not saying there weren't some fun things to see ... but seems like it would be picked apart today if they showed us concept art portraying that as a brand new concept (putting nostalgia aside). There was also way more classic Disney IP in the shop than I expected to see.

At least it had some things themed to it's section. This new mess just looks like World of Disney, but with just a Mickey theme.

UNCgolf

2 1/2. Movie tie ins can absolutely be appropriate for DAK. For the most part their IP choices for DAK have been solid (A Great Bird Adventure not withstanding).

True, but the potential for movie tie-ins is far more limited at DAK than at DHS or MK. Only a small number are feasible fits.

RSoxNo1

True, but the potential for movie tie-ins is far more limited at DAK than at DHS or MK. Only a small number are feasible fits.
And that's how it should be across the board. But Disney now starts with the IP and then works backwards from there. Previously they would start with the theme.

There are absolutely IPs that work in EPCOT. I really don't object to Ratatouille in France or Coco in Mexico for example. I also think there are story treatments that could justify Guardians and/or Wakanda in Future World. What I object to are the lazy "familiarity" driven IP integrations like Frozen, Finding Nemo and likely whatever we're going to see in Harmonious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom