Create the Next Film in the Disney Classics Canon

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Here is a thread where users can create the next film in the Disney Classics Canon.

The Form
Title: (insert title)
Format: (traditional/stopmotion-claymation/CGI)
Starring: (insert star actors/actresses)
Plot: (insert plot)

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Title: Billy & Friends
Format: traditional
Starring: TBA (to be announced)
Plot: A bear named Billy and four elementary school children set out on a journey around the world and through time to show that if you can dream it, you really can do it, a philosophy pioneered by Walt Disney himself.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Title: Busted
Format: CGI
Starring: Dakota Fanning, Adam Sandler, Ellen DeGeneres
Plot: The classic fairytale of Golidlocks & the Three Bears is retold by Disney with a CSI twist.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Title: Fantasia Legacy
Format: traditional
Starring: Bret Iwan, Nancy Cartwright, Bill Farmer
Plot: As the third film in the Fantasia series, all-new tales come to life including an adaptation of Swan Lake, a cartoon with Goofy starring as Pecos Bill, an HD version of the 1940 Sorcerer's Apprentice, and a groundbreaking film called Figment's Fantasy, combining traditional animation, live action, and CGI.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Title: Toy Story 4
Starring: TBA
Plot: During roll call on Christmas Day, Buzz is missing. After searching all over Bonnie's house for him, Woody discovers that Buzz was kidnapped by the Toy Patrol. It turns out the attack was planned by the two most dastard enemies of Buzz and Woody's past.

mharrington

Title: Toy Story 4
Starring: TBA
Plot: During roll call on Christmas Day, Buzz is missing. After searching all over Bonnie's house for him, Woody discovers that Buzz was kidnapped by the Toy Patrol. It turns out the attack was planned by the two most dastard enemies of Buzz and Woody's past.

Let me guess who: Lotso and Stinky Pete?

And here's something:

Title: The Goofy Story
Format: Traditional
Starring: Bill Farmer (as Goofy), Corey Burton (as Narrator)
Plot: A humorous documentary that takes a look at the character we've come to know as Goofy. Based on a 1955 episode of the Disneyland TV show called "The Goofy Success Story" (which itself was released theatrically overseas in 1959).

comics101

Let me guess who: Lotso and Stinky Pete?

And here's something:

Title: The Goofy Story
Starring: Bill Farmer (as Goofy), Corey Burton (as Narrator)
Plot: A humorous documentary that takes a look at the character we've come to know as Goofy. Based on a 1955 episode of the Disneyland TV show called "The Goofy Success Story" (which itself was released theatrically overseas in 1959).

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Oh my gosh that's fantastic!

Crockett

Banned
Title: Hansel & Gretel
Starring: ???
Plot: The timeless fairytale combined with Disney traditional animation, and songs/score by Alan Menkin.

SmartNoob89

I hereby revive this topic !:)

Title: Parsifal
Starring: N/A
Plot: Based on the final opera of Richard Wagner and the legends of Percival that inspired it, Parsifal tells the story of a naive young man who yearns for adventure. He soon stumbles upon the Knights of Monsalvat, guardians of the world's most sacred artifacts: the Holy Grail and the Spear of Destiny. Unfortunately, the latter object has been stolen by the wicked sorrceror Klingsor, resulting in decay and despair within the order. Eventually, Parsifal is compelled to journey to Klingsor's enchanted castle and retrieve the Spear.

There'd be a lot more going in the story than my meager summary would reveal. The main theme of this tale is being able to respect every human life, regardless of their depravity. In other words, this is a story about universal compassion. The film would have a very holistic, spiritual tone similar to The Hunchback of Notre Dame, yet still have an air of epic fantasy and a pinch of the whimsical fun (albeit toned down a bit here and utilized when appropriate) Disney is known for. To get a sense of the tone I'd like to see for this film, here's the Prelude of Act 1 of Wagner's original opera:

(Heck, I wouldn't mind Disney taking the Sleeping Beauty route and actually utilizing Wagner's music!)

SmartNoob89

Title: Journey into Fantasia
Style: CGI/Traditional/Stop-Motion
Starring: N/A
Plot:
As the title suggests, this is another proposal for a Fantasia sequel. I have a ton of possible pieces for usage.

For the opening, surreal sequence, I found Mozart's 40th Symphony Molto Allegro section to be a strong contender:

Next, I thought of using Richard Wagner's Flying Dutchman Overture to tell the story of an albatross's tumultuous journey to reach his nesting grounds:

Now, since it's Goofy's turn to get a sequence, I feel that he needs a piece that's whimsical, but still has a sense of elegance and grace. For that, I found much of Dmitri Shostakovich's work to be a perfect fit. Here's Waltz No. 2, one of his better known pieces:

The sequence I'd want to reinsert in this film is the Rite of Spring Sequence from the original Fantasia. This is because I'd want to follow it up with a piece depicting what happened next, starting with the expansion of the mammalian species, sticking around largely with primative man and ending with the beginning of the first civilization in Mesopotamia.

For this, I've selected Prokoviev's Scythian Suite:

That's all I've got for now.

SmartNoob89

Would Sorcerer's Apprentice,Rite of Spring,Night on Bald Mountain,Pomp and Circumstances,Pines of Rome and Firebird Suite come back?

Rite of Spring, yes; the others, no. I don't want to overcrowd this film with older segments.

Also, if you notice, all the new segments consist entirely of new composers. I want to keep things a bit fresh.

SmartNoob89

Although now that you mention it, I might reinsert a lost sequence of Fantasia; the Clair De Lune sequence. Although it was put in Make Music Mine, it was originally intended for Fantasia. Journey into Fantasia could showcase this sequence, but in the way it was originally intended. You can see it here:

Twilight_Roxas

Atleast bring back Sorcerer's Apprentice and Pomp and Circumstances back since Mickey & Donald has to find Goofy like how Mickey have to find Donald in Fantasia 2000.

SmartNoob89

Atleast bring back Sorcerer's Apprentice and Pomp and Circumstances back since Mickey & Donald has to find Goofy like how Mickey have to find Donald in Fantasia 2000.

No, I won't put those two back in; every Fantasia film does NOT need to be reliant on them. I feel putting in those two sequences would be cheapen the experience; they'd seem like an excuse just to put two marketable characters in the movie. Furthermore, this film needs NEW sequences to seem enthralling; too much of the old seems trite to me. Although Disney films are meant for all ages, Fantasia needs to be somewhat of a step above their typical works. It's largely an art film.

But if it makes you happy, Donald's and Mickey's previous exploits would certainly be mentioned in the interludes. Heck, maybe the conductor could start to introduce these sequences, but Goofy barges in and protests about it. Inserting the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Pomp and Circumstance just to segue into Goofy's sequence just seems extremely superfluous.

DisneyManOne

If I may, I'd like to revive this old thread. I've had this idea in my head for quite some time and I can't wait to let it out! So, here it is...
idwPXh8sj
Title: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Format: Hand-drawn animation/CGI--namely, this film will use the "Deep Canvas" technology used in Tarzan, which allows two dimensional animated characters to interact with 3D environments.

Starring: Douglas Hodge as Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder as Grandpa Joe
Plot: The plot of this movie would be similar to that of the 2013 stage musical adaptation (the film would be produced in association with Warner Bros.). I'll even put down YouTube links to the songs from the show in the appropriate place.

This film would serve as a way of bringing back the original Disney hand-drawn animation. In fact, this film would also serve to restore the "Walt Disney" in the Walt Disney Pictures logo.
Walt-Disney-Screencaps-The-Walt-Disney-Logo-walt-disney-characters-31865565-2560-1440.jpg
I don't know about you guys, but I hate the fact that the suits changed the logo to just "Disney". It's like they don't even care about Walt's legacy.

Anyways, the film opens as we blaze through a snowstorm, finding ourselves in a great city. On the edge of the city is a dump. Here, we find little Charlie Bucket searching for valuables in a dump near his home. As he picks up candy wrappers, he speaks with a mysterious tramp, regarding his inventive habits ("Almost Nearly Perfect"), and heads home to his family, who live in a one-room shack underneath a railroad arch.

As he and his grandparents wait for their cabbage soup to boil, they tell Charlie stories about his idol, the mysterious candy-maker Willy Wonka. They tell him of his various revolutionary candy ideas, and how the world loved him. They even tell him about the time an Indian prince, Pondicherry by name, asked Willy to make a chocolate palace for his new wife. But, unfortunately, on a hot summer's day, the palace melted and the prince and princess drowned in the chocolate mess.

However, they tell him, Wonka's jealous rivals started sending in spies to steal his recipes, forcing him to close the factory. But then, a few weeks later, his factory started producing more candies...yet the gate remained closed!

Charlie's father soon returns, dispirited from a lack of work. Noticing the gloom surrounding his life, he pens "A Letter from Charlie Bucket" to Willy Wonka, folding it into a paper airplane and sending it out flying into the night.

The next morning, Mrs. Bucket returns home from her night job and reveals the headline on the latest newspaper: "WONKA FACTORY TO OPEN TO LUCKY FEW!" Willy Wonka is holding a competition where five lucky contestants must buy Wonka bars to find a Golden Ticket to his factory and a lifetime's supply of candy. Charlie is desperate to win one, but he has no money. On their homemade TV, they hear of the first Golden Ticket winner, an obese boy from Bavaria named Augustus Gloop.

They soon learn that another ticket has been found by a spoiled British girl named Veruca Salt. Mr. Salt recounts how he won the ticket for his daughter. Charlie's birthday arrives, and his grandparents give him a Wonka bar, but are disappointed when there is no Golden Ticket. As he eats, they hear of the discovery of the third Golden Ticket, in Hollywood by wannabe gum-chewing celebrity, Violet Beauregarde. She and her father brag about how they will now be even more famous because of the Golden Ticket and how Violet is going to be the "biggest" diva ever. Shortly after, the TV announces another Golden Ticket discovery, Mike Teavee and the Teavee family. Mike is a violent and obnoxious bully who is addicted to all sorts of media, and whose frantic mother spoils him rotten. It is revealed that Mike hacked into Wonka's system to get his Golden Ticket.

With all but one ticket gone and no money to buy a bar, Charlie is desolate. His parents sing about how they wish they could raise their son together and about how they hope for a better life ("If Your Mother Were Here").

A bitter storm soon comes, and the family faces starvation. After the storm passes, Charlie returns to the dump and finds some money dropped by a rich couple. Encouraged by the mysterious tramp, he buys a Wonka bar, and finds a Golden Ticket inside that prompts Grandpa Joe to get out of bed and walk for the first time in forty years ("Don't You Pinch Me, Charlie").

On the day they are to enter the factory, Charlie and Grandpa Joe feel out of place amidst all the hoopla on the red carpet. Finally, the moment of truth arrives. With a choral fanfare, the factory door swings open and all eyes to turn to see the mysterious Willy Wonka, invites the Golden Ticket winners into his factory to see all the wonders ("It Must Be Believed to Be Seen").

Wonka gathers the ticket winners and explains the rules and regulations of the factory ("Strike That, Reverse It").

With the contracts signed, Wonka then reveals the Chocolate Room, a wonderful garden of candy delights. As the children explore this sugary wonderland, the bewildered adults ask Wonka what its purpose is and Wonka bemusedly explains that is his artwork ("Simply Second Nature").

Veruca breaks the reverie with a scream as Augustus is drinking from the waterfall, into which he falls. As he is sucked up the chocolate extraction pipe, the families look up to see dozens of tiny workers in red boiler suits called Oompa-Loompas, who make no effort to try and save Augustus ("Auf Wiedersehen Augustus Gloop").

With Augustus gone, Wonka is more concerned about the possible contamination of bones in his toffee. The party is shocked and mortified, but Wonka assures them that he'll be fine. The next room is the Inventing Room, where white coated Oompa-Loompas mix and stir. Wonka gives each child an Everlasting Gobstopper, but Violet is unimpressed. Wonka shows her his latest creation, chewing gum which includes an entire 3-Course Dinner. When Violet sees the gum, she pops it into her mouth. Wonka warns her to stop chewing before dessert, but Violet ignores him and begins to turn purple and swell up like a giant blueberry. ("Juicy!"). Violet explodes in a shower of purple blueberry goo and glitter, but Wonka is unconcerned, sending Mr. Beauregarde to the Juicing Room, assuring that it can get her back to normal.

Wonka next leads the party to the Nut Room, where squirrels sort out nuts to see if they are good or bad. The good nuts are kept for them to eat while the bad nuts are thrown away down a rubbish chute. Veruca demands a squirrel. When Wonka refuses, she takes matters into her own hands, rushing to grab one for herself, instead she is judged a “bad nut”, and she and her father are sent down the rubbish chute ("Veruca's Nutcracker Sweet"). Again, Wonka assures the remaining visitors that Veruca and her father will be all right.

Wonka leads the group through dark cellars, where all his mistakes are kept, finally arriving at a room he calls The Department of the Future. Wonka demonstrates Chocolate Television. Mike is intrigued and despite Wonka's protests, he puts himself before the cameras, presses the remote and disappears in a puff of smoke. Mike hops from screen to screen until they finally pull him out, leaving him at only 6-inches tall. ("Vidiots!"). Mrs. Teevee is relieved as she won’t have to worry about him causing big problems any more, and she places him in her purse and leaves the factory quite satisfied.

Charlie is the only child left. When Grandpa Joe asks about their lifetime supply of confectionery sweets, Mr. Wonka casually dismisses them saying that the Everlasting Gobstopper Charlie had got was the lifetime supply of candy. Grandpa Joe is angry, but Charlie defuses the situation saying that an Everlasting Gobstopper is still an amazing present.

Wonka takes Charlie and Grandpa Joe to the Imagining Room, where he creates all of his new ideas. All the room contains are white walls and a book...namely, Wonka's idea book. Wonka steps out to discuss legal matters (aka "grown-up stuff") with Grandpa Joe, advising Charlie not to touch the book. But Charlie does open it, and adds a few of his own to the blank pages in the back. Wonka silently returns, and seeing Charlie’s additions, he tells him he’s won, inviting Charlie into his Great Glass Elevator so that he can show him his prize, the chocolate factory. ("Pure Imagination"--the only song from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory to be used here).

They return to Earth where Wonka announces he’s leaving, and that Charlie is now in charge. He disappears, but as the Bucket family moves into the factory, Charlie sees the mysterious tramp outside the gates, who is revealed as Willy Wonka. As the Oompa-Loompas and Charlie wave goodbye from the factory windows, Wonka vanishes, singing a reprise of "It Must Be Believed to Be Seen", leaving Charlie to ponder all of the adventures that are to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And there we have it...my idea for Disney's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

DSquared

Wow. This would be a fun movie. Didn't Disney at one point have this as one of their upcoming movies? Or was it BFG I'm thinking of?

Twilight_Roxas

Title: The Wild Swans
Starring: Taylor Swift, Alan Tudyk, Patrick Warburton
Plot: After her evil stepmother turns her brothers into swans Eliza must find a way to break there curse even if she has to remain silent. Music from Alan Menken, and lyrics by Robert Lopez, and Kristen Anderson-Lopez

Title: Little Nemo in Slumberland
Format: Traditional/remastered
Starring: Richard Ochoa, Dove Cameron, Alan Tudyk
Plot: The classic film Little Nemo in Slumberland has return fully remastered, and redubbed. The original songs from Richard, and Robert Sherman are still there along with a new song written by Richard Sherman call Dreams Awaits sang by Dove Cameron during the credits.

DSquared

Title: Steampunks
Cast: Jim Carrey, Bill Hader, Sandra Bullock, Vin Diesel, Steve Carell, Tom Hiddleston, Daniel Radcliffe
Plot:

In 19th Century London, William Markinton (Jim Carrey), his assistant Melvin (Bill Hader), and their partner Johnathan Bridgepool (Steve Carell) have just finished the blueprints for the first automobile. They will build it to compete in the Crown Science Contest of England. They build the automobile and move it to the competition center just outside Buckingham Palace. At the event, Will meets a girl, Beatrice Smith (Sandra Bullock), who is a fellow competitor. This gets John jealous.

That night, John returns home to find Jack the Ripper (Vin Diesel) waiting in his home. He tells John that he has been watching them and is interested in the automobile. The jealous John agrees to Jack's deal in return for revenge on Will, who John is always in the shadow of.

The 2 go to the competition, and take the vehicle as well as the blueprints. Jack then gets John to help him rob a bank. The vehicle is crashed and destroyed in the process. The next day, Will and Melvin learn of the robbery, and head to the bank. There they meet Sherlock Holmes (Tom Hiddleston) and Watson (Daniel Radcliffe). Beatricde also arrives to help them. They agree to team up to catch the criminals. Will reminds them that the competition is tomorrow and the blueprints need to be returned by then.

A Sherlock investigation scene, a chase through London using some of Will's inventions, and the criminals are arrested before they kill the queen in the palace. The next scene is the competition. Will and Melvin win, Will and Beatrice kiss. They all live happily ever after.

The end credit scene is of a hidden man sitting at a desk. He is revealed by an assistant to be Dr. Moriarty(Ian McKellen) . He is upset that Jack had failed. He ends by saying:

'Well. I guess I'm paying Mr. Holmes a visit.'.

Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom