News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf1972

if this happened in SWL, it would’ve ended rather quickly...
176ABE49-67CA-480B-91EE-879C2CFB2465.gif

Amidala

I think if you are running around Disneyland screaming I'm going to jail tonight and slapping people it's safe to say you aren't very smart.
And chances are that this isn't the first time you have had an outburst like this.

That's just street smarts. Anyone from the street would immediately figure that out instead of being oh we can't assume.

'Smart' and 'educated' aren't synonymous. Fights break out on college campuses all the time.

lilypgirl

OMG they were family?? I would not have stepped in to stop the fight but I would have definitely stepped into to help with the kids in the stroller left alone crying.

tissandtully

Love all the keyboard warriors in here who constantly speak up for women's rights and social justice. Yet when confronted with actually being able to do something while a woman is getting assaulted they say "not my place" or "they don't get paid to do that".

All talk and no action. Color me not surprised.
I like how you take self-preservation as a political issue. I'm not jumping in the middle of that.

Amidala

You’re right. This family consists of high brow model citizens.

You are being purposely obtuse if you can't make some general assumptions based on the behavior elicited here. It's not just the fight. It's everything.

Look, you can all assume whatever you want but profiling guests based on their appearance, speech & other factors is not an ethically sound business practice. Disney does not do this, and will never do this. And if you agree that fights break out everywhere between all kinds of people, then this kind of profiling is irrelevant anyway. Take a look at the list of physical assaults documented at the parks over the years and you'll see that these people come from all walks of life.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Look, you can all assume whatever you want but profiling guests based on their appearance, speech & other factors is not an ethically sound business practice. Disney does not do this, and will never do this. And if you agree that fights break out everywhere between all kinds of people, then this kind of profiling is irrelevant anyway. Take a look at the list of physical assaults documented at the parks over the years and you'll see that these people come from all walks of life.
I didn’t say Disney should try and keep people out. I said you are being dishonest if you are telling me you can’t make some basic assumptions based on the video we have all seen.

andysol

If it wasn't filmed, criminal charges wouldn't be able to be pressed. Whoever filmed this, unless they are an Army Ranger or some such, did more by filming then they could have any other way.

More than that- they filmed it perfectly:

1) They went landscape instead of portrait
2) They framed everyone's heads perfectly
3) They stayed on the protagonist as the focal point the entire time; even when chaos was occurring all around them

I've seen hundreds of fight videos on YouTube (don't ask) and this one was A+ for cinematography.

andysol

Do you want armed police walking around Disney World? Because that black guy might be dead now.
🤦‍♂️ You can't help yourself, can you? This is not the political thread.

A guard with a taser to drop him would've been more than fine with 95% of us, I'm guessing.

Whose the protagonist in this case?
Good point. I guess he couldn't zoom out that wide. :joyfull:

Willmark

I’m rather surprised this many people are saying the Disney cast members “should have been doing something!” Doing what exactly?

If I’m a CM there is no way I’m getting in the middle of that at $15 an hour. Add to that as outlined in this and they other thread on the sites you’re probably getting fired and opening yourself up to litigation.

When the police themselves have no duty to protect citizens, people are expecting CM to do so?

And when I say police have no duty to protect and save you? 100% true, they don’t as the An Appellate Court upheld in Warren vs. District of Columbia (1981)

The saying on the side of many police cruisers? “To protect and serve”? They has as much weight as the New Colossus poem in the immigration debate.

And if the police aren’t duty bound to intervene I don’t see why people are expecting cast members will.

Last edited:

Tanna Eros

I find it strange that five cap wearing citizens were capable of the bouncer tactics they used to subdue Pinky. They just stepped in and used proper techniques to get him on the ground.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
🤦‍♂️ You can't help yourself, can you? This is not the political thread.

A guard with a taser to drop him would've been more than fine with 95% of us, I'm guessing.

Good point. I guess he couldn't zoom out that wide. :joyfull:

The Happiest Tasering on Earth. That would be priceless for PR. Come to Magic Mountain where you won't get the shock of your lifetime.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Multiquote!!!!

Ah, THIS explains a lot.

If it wasn't filmed, criminal charges wouldn't be able to be pressed. Whoever filmed this, unless they are an Army Ranger or some such, did more by filming then they could have any other way.

I'd go ask him right now, would you get involved in a family brawl? You might be surprised at his answer.

Er, no. These people were very clearly trash. Race had zip to do with it. You know this though. You just want to be involved.

Well, because of their behavior and general demeanor? It's not hard to see.

How many domestic violence/family brawls have you gotten involved in I wonder? It's all fine and dandy to say you'd stop it. But when a guy is fighting his brother in law and sister and wife and aunt and whoever, the smart thing to do is call the police. Unless you are trained, or are the police, or are a person of sufficient size and means to stop the fight dead in it's tracks. Sometimes using common sense and calling security is the best move.

Now, when that pile of human feces in the pink goes really nuts after his GF? That's when people jumped right in because it escalated to a point where there were no other options, and that makes sense, and those guests were smart and brave. Though, I think most physically capable decent men would have done the same thing.

Anyhoo....
I just asked him. His answers:
Men fighting: No
Women fighting: No
Man hitting a woman: Definitely, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom