News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Sorry, you don't intervene in domestic violence. Let the security officers handle it. They should be better trained. IF not, the police should be called and the perpetrators incarcerated. The victims will very likely not press charges. That's why getting involved will not work. Innocent bystanders getting involved will likely get it on both sides. The domestic violence victim is more battled tested than the typical good Samaritan. She will take his side when pressed. He will dismiss domestic violence as justified by the "weaker" woman. Just stay out of it.

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this forum by far. If a fight starts to go all over the place, and people can't get out of the way, you expect them to just get hit? No, you help prevent other people from getting hurt if need be.

NormC

Are you a social worker? What would you know what to do? Would you restrain him? Would you counsel the woman?

Who exactly cares if he lost his man card? It is irrelevant to this situation. You're personalizing it, which makes it harder for her to make the objective decision that could benefit her much better. Worse is she's staying happily or not with him. There's a reason some women stay with abusers and it doesn't exactly not happen with the next one.
You seem to be over analyzing this.

DanielBB8

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this forum by far. If a fight starts to go all over the place, and people can't get out of the way, you expect them to just get hit? No, you help prevent other people from getting hurt if need be.
You would expect to clear the way. If it's escalating, it obviously means plenty are involved enough.

KBLovedDisney

It doesn’t take much knowledge of human behavior to know there are bigger problems here than a lack of common sense.
Well, maybe the problems they specifically have isn't big at all and all started at their home and their ways of upbringing, where the lacking of common sense started generations ago.

Californian Elitist

I would be hesitant to label it racism if I were you. Let’s not ignore that there are poverty communities where the people have no education where this kind of behavior is accepted and takes place. It’s not an issue of race, but one of class. Fortunately, at least here in the United States, class isn’t permanent and these communities just need some help to escape poverty. Instead of chanting racism and pretending these problems don’t exist while they get worse, we need to figure out a way to actually help these communities.

Woah, woah, woah...

Why are you assuming the family was poor?

Darkbeer1

I was talking about this with, lets say, knowledgeable folks. I said some things this morning, and will not remove them, but I better be careful with what else I say.

One point that is public knowledge.

Disney does request that any active law enforcement not enter public access areas inside the parks in uniform, only undercover. Something as simple as wearing a plain jacket over the uniform is requested if they step on stage.

So yes, APD and other enforcement have been inside the parks, and does so on a regular basis, you just can't easily identify them.

Outside the parks, Disney wants APD to be visible, especially near the security permeator. So you will see then in DtD, etc. A set of APD are assigned to bike controls to increase their reach.

Many times, the best security remains invisible to the general public.

Now to the news.

andysol

Seems like you haven't thought it through.
Look- this is really simple.

Did the 3 men who restrained him after he went full ham on his domestic partner do the wrong thing? Should they have sat there and let him (possibly) kill her or potentially cause her irreversible damage?

If you say they did the correct thing, you agree with us. If you say they did the incorrect thing, you're a part of what's wrong with men today.

Seriously, take your political hat or social hat off for a second and look at this scenario. Were those 3 men right or wrong?
Nothing really more to add from there.

Ismael Flores

>>Several people in the park filmed the fight on cellphones as Disneyland employees and security scrambled to break up the incident.

The police say, "There was no video available at the time. We became aware of the video late last night. Now that we have the video, detectives will be following up to see if any criminal charges can be filed."

The video will be a key piece of evidence for investigators and say, "Now we can use the video to piece together who did what to who since none of them would cooperate at the time."

Unclear at this time how many people involved in the fight may face possible arrest.

Disney officials said of the incident, "We do not condone this behavior."<<

and now i wonder if the bystander that intervene will also get thrown into this whole mess. After reading the article and they describe him as a bystander that choked out on of the aggressor seems like he might end up tangled in the legal mess.
You know how sometimes these things end up and the good samaritan ends up being the victim

mickEblu

Love all they keyboard warriors in here saying they'd step in, I'd rather not leave DL with a traumatic brain injury from getting punched in the head just so some bozos were fighting it out. It's ridiculous how long security took though.

I said pretty much the same thing a few pages ago. However, I left a little wiggle room because I honestly don’t know if I could just stand there while a woman gets beat to death whether they are innocent victims or not. If I did jump in it would probably be at the same point that the those other 3 dudes brought him down as that was the point things could have got really bad fast.

bclane

Sorry, you don't intervene in domestic violence. Let the security officers handle it. They should be better trained. IF not, the police should be called and the perpetrators incarcerated. The victims will very likely not press charges. That's why getting involved will not work. Innocent bystanders getting involved will likely get it on both sides. The domestic violence victim is more battled tested than the typical good Samaritan. She will take his side when pressed. He will dismiss domestic violence as justified by the "weaker" woman. Just stay out of it.
There is a time and a place for everything. The guy that actually ended the situation did not put himself into harms way and possibly prevented others from being seriously injured. It’s not like he got in the guys face and escalated the thing. I don’t know when he first started witnessing the violence, but when he chose to insert himself into it was when then guy was facing the other direction. He simply took the guys back and put him to sleep. There were many points where any number of people could have done the same thing while he was attacking those women. If you don’t know what you are doing call someone who does. If you do know what you are doing, why wouldn’t you stop some lunatic from attacking another human being?

Ismael Flores

You can dress in dress clothes and still get into an altercation so I don't know why this is still being pushed

I kept waiting for her breast to pop out, then it would have gotten more uncomfortable for the kiddies around.

Love all the keyboard warriors in here who constantly speak up for women's rights and social justice. Yet when confronted with actually being able to do something while a woman is getting assaulted they say "not my place" or "they don't get paid to do that".

All talk and no action. Color me not surprised.

i think part of the reasoning is that the women in question was also being aggresive and she continued to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom