Crazy busy here at hollywood studios...

_Scar

At 9:10am the line for Toy Story Mania was at 60min and the fast pass line stretched down into the Animation Courtyard, past the Little Mermaid attraction.
They've already added additional shows for the day.
And I've just discovered that they've added a new show, Mickeys Christmas Carol in the Premier Theater, hourly starting at noon...wonder if this is the same show they took from Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland?

Hey, I'm from Naples too!:)

I was just up in the world, DHS this past Saturday and it was packed. TSMM was even using its extended queue almost out of Pixar Place... something I haven't even seen in the heart of Summer. Kinda strange.

rpk4444

I have a friend that is leaving tonight for a week down there. Part of me is jealous but, the other part of me is thankful that I'm going in May with less crowds.

Biff215

As others have said many schools around the country are still in session. Our last day is tomorrow.

If you think it's busy there now you haven't seen anything yet! When we were there a few years back Christmas Eve was a dream compared to what happened after Christmas Day!

Either way, enjoy it if you're there. It's a great place to spend the holidays!

Pioneer Hall

I find this to be untrue...:shrug:

I don't know how it could be untrue. With a few exceptions in certain areas, most schools are still in session until tomorrow. Once these schools let out the parks will be even more crowded. We haven't even seen phase 1 closings yet, which are characteristic of this season.

OMG, us too! I was SO looking forward to going to Disney during a "quiet" week, and we were shocked by the volume of the crowds (not to mention the COLD!).

Judy

Us as well! We were there last week and the week before. It was packed!! We go every year and have never ever seen it that busy that time of year.

_Scar

I don't know how it could be untrue. With a few exceptions in certain areas, most schools are still in session until tomorrow. Once these schools let out the parks will be even more crowded. We haven't even seen phase 1 closings yet, which are characteristic of this season.

You sure about that?

The Mom

Premium Member
As someone mentioned, there are regional variations on when schools close, and just because your area is/isn't in session doesn't mean others are not.

And I'm not sure that there is any way of determining whether the majority of schools nationwide are in or out, so phrases like "most" and "untrue" really only apply to your own region.

FWIW, My son had his last exam a week ago, on the 16th, so that's when his break started. The public schools finished on the 17th. He doesn't go back until the 4th, and graduates on May 14th.

So it's quite possible that many of the guests this week were locals trying to beat the rush. Creating their own crowds. :lol:

wickedfan07

As someone mentioned, there are regional variations on when schools close, and just because your area is/isn't in session doesn't mean others are not.

And I'm not sure that there is any way of determining whether the majority of schools nationwide are in or out, so phrases like "most" and "untrue" really only apply to your own region.

:thumbs up:

PhilharMagician

Us as well! We were there last week and the week before. It was packed!! We go every year and have never ever seen it that busy that time of year.

OMG, us too! I was SO looking forward to going to Disney during a "quiet" week, and we were shocked by the volume of the crowds (not to mention the COLD!).

Judy
I was there from Dec 4 - 19 and the only time the parks were busy was on the weekends and they were crazy with MK being the worst. Most everything was walk-on except for the usuals like TSMM, TT, RnRC, PPF and Soarin. Space I never saw above 20 minutes BTMRR was typically 10 minutes and every time I was at AK, EE was no more than 25 minutes. Pirates I walked right up to the gates every time I rode it except Staurday the 18th where we waited about 10 minutes. The only park that seemed busy was DHS. With ST down until May it really puts a load on it's few rides and shows. We spent little time there because of that reason. The parks were not the slowest I have ever seen them, but they were far from busy.

Edisto Pluto

We were there last Sunday. Very busy but manageable. The crowds seemed to come and go oddly as the day unfolded. Of course it was jammed for the Osborne Lights but 30 minutes after the opening switch ceremony the crowds left. The Osborne Lights are incredible. Well done Disney.

KaneMarko

Reading these posts, I'm glad we went a few weeks ago as opposed to now. Still I'm jealous of those who are there right now. But those wait times sound insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom