Crazy busy here at hollywood studios...

JeffH

Original Poster
At 9:10am the line for Toy Story Mania was at 60min and the fast pass line stretched down into the Animation Courtyard, past the Little Mermaid attraction.
They've already added additional shows for the day.
And I've just discovered that they've added a new show, Mickeys Christmas Carol in the Premier Theater, hourly starting at noon...wonder if this is the same show they took from Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland?

cblodg

At 9:10am the line for Toy story mania was at 60min and the fast pass line stretched down into the animation courtyard, past the little mermaid attraction.
And I've just discovered that they've added a new show, Mickeys Christmas Carol in the Premier Theater, hourly starting at noon...wonder if this is the same show they took from Magic Kingdoms Tomorrowland?

Welcome to Christmas week! :xmas:

CTXRover

At 9:10am the line for Toy Story Mania was at 60min and the fast pass line stretched down into the Animation Courtyard, past the Little Mermaid attraction.
And I've just discovered that they've added a new show, Mickeys Christmas Carol in the Premier Theater, hourly starting at noon...wonder if this is the same show they took from Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland?

Mickey's Christmas Carol is literally showing the animated short film on 3 smaller screens inside the theater. Its the one with Scrooge as Ebenezeer, Mickey as Bob Cratchet, etc. Its a classic Christmas film in my opinion and one of my favorites for the holidays. Plus, I suppose it provides a nice little diversion from the crowds.

JeffH

Original Poster
AMaybe not so bad?

By 10:30am there was no line and I got a late fast pass, 7:15, so maybe it was just the normal morning rush? Neither Little Mermaid or Playhouse Disney Live were full so far.
Yeah, they did say something about it being a film, guess wishful thinking got the best of me.
We've already taken advantage of the 20% discount coupon you get with a meal to buy a Christmas Duffy bear, and will probably take advantage of a 30% discount for lunch before noon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
T

As crazy as it seems, that is fairly typical. Have a great day!

JWG

This is typical for TSMM. Same as for us last week and back in January and the prior February. It seems about 80% of the morning gate goes directly to TSM and of that 50% hit the standby line, 50% hit the Fastpass line and then an additional 25% of the Fastpass line hits the standby line after getting the Fastpass.

It's a great time to be there because the army men have green face paint (instead of the meshing) and are allowed to talk to help with crowd control. One even has a megaphone. They did a nice job of integrating characters into the rush who have a purpose to help.

Fastpass is traditionally gone by 10:30-11:00a on a "slow" day.

fosse76

It amuses me that people will stand in line to avoid standing in line. That early in the morning people are probably waiting in line longer to get a FP than if they actually went to the standby line.

BrerFrog

Yesterday at the MK I saw Space Mountain with 90 minutes, JC had 75 at one point right after Pirates broke down, HM reached 40 minutes, BTMR had 80 and Splash Mountain got to 75.

I would definitely not come to WDW as a guest on this time of the year.

JimboJones123

This is typical for TSMM. Same as for us last week and back in January and the prior February. It seems about 80% of the morning gate goes directly to TSM and of that 50% hit the standby line, 50% hit the Fastpass line and then an additional 25% of the Fastpass line hits the standby line after getting the Fastpass.

It's a great time to be there because the army men have green face paint (instead of the meshing) and are allowed to talk to help with crowd control. One even has a megaphone. They did a nice job of integrating characters into the rush who have a purpose to help.

Fastpass is traditionally gone by 10:30-11:00a on a "slow" day.

Spot in. We were there the week after thanksgiving. No other standby lines ever passed 10 minutes, but the TSMM line was the exact same at the rope drop.

TSMM is failing to meet demand like no other WDW attraction before.

DHS REALLY NEEDS to add 2 new thrills and 2 new family friendly attractions or more. Geez, sounds like a Carsland to me?!?!?

devoy1701

Yesterday at the MK I saw Space Mountain with 90 minutes, JC had 75 at one point right after Pirates broke down, HM reached 40 minutes, BTMR had 80 and Splash Mountain got to 75.

so glad we went last Tuesday before the madhouse! Just about every attraction in both DHS and MK were walk ons!

Pioneer Hall

It hasn't even gotten to the worst part yet. Next week will be even more crowded since most school's don't start their winter breaks until Friday.

COProgressFan

Yes, this past Saturday was the first day off for most schools in America for Christmas Break.

This must be a regional thing, because in the Northeast, with the exception of some private schools, Christmas break doesn't begin until 12/23 and goes until 1/2.

It must be nice having 2 full weeks off!

devoy1701

This must be a regional thing, because in the Northeast, with the exception of some private schools, Christmas break doesn't begin until 12/23 and goes until 1/2.

It must be nice having 2 full weeks off!

Schools here in Tampa get a full week for Thanksgiving as well!

MickeyMind

The reason why tsmm always has a long wait is obvious, THERES ONLY LIKE 3 OR 4 RIDES IN ALL OF DHS THAT THE FAMILY CAN DO TOGETHER! WAKE UP AND GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TDO!

Families need more family friendly rides here. There is only so many times people want to watch the lma, indy, batb and tlm shows, these things have very little "re-ridability" and take up so much valuable space imo. They need to get started soon on adding more rides here. People come for the rides, idk why its so hard for disney to get this. I have never heard of a family planning a trip because disney has a new " show" they plan trips because disney has a new "RIDE!" Can someone in the higher ups please just fire everyone at tdo that insists on complacency already?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom