CRAZIEST VACATION STORIES

PortOrleans

Original Poster
Here's a question for you,
What's your craziest vacation story?

Simple: just leave a reply that has your wildest tale.

Can't wait to see your story!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, once I checked in late at night and the computers were down so they couldn't give me room keys or put me in the system...

oh, wait -- that was someone else.

There was the time I was in Epcot and some guy hit me in the nose...

No, no -- that was someone else, too.

Aha! There was the time DS and I were going to use his FA bennies to fly down, and we found out as we were leaving for the airport at 3 in the morning that the flights had booked up overnight, so we hopped into the 16-year-old two-seater mini-van and drove 956 miles straight through for 17 hours so we could be there for our next-morning planned visit to Epcot for the F&WF...

Yeah. That was us.

Well, once I checked in late at night and the computers were down so they couldn't give me room keys or put me in the system...

Aha! There was the time DS and I were going to use his FA bennies to fly down, and we found out as we were leaving for the airport at 3 in the morning that the flights had booked up overnight, so we hopped into the 16-year-old two-seater mini-van and drove 956 miles straight through for 17 hours so we could be there for our next-morning planned visit to Epcot for the F&WF...

Yeah. That was us.
In July of 2015 DD24 and I drove my 2000 Lincoln Town Car 2100 miles round trip for two park days. We drove straight through on Friday and back on Monday. Roughly 17 hours each way. We were on park for nearly 35 hours in those two days with early and late EMH. We were pretty exhausted when we got home, but we had a blast and made a lifelong memory :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
In July of 2015 DD24 and I drove my 2000 Lincoln Town Car 2100 miles round trip for two park days. We drove straight through on Friday and back on Monday. Roughly 17 hours each way. We were on park for nearly 35 hours in those two days with early and late EMH. We were pretty exhausted when we got home, but we had a blast and made a lifelong memory :)
Yeah, the road trip always turns out better in memory than it was at the time.

PortOrleans

Original Poster

Yeah. That was us.

That's dedication!

Tick Tock

Oh wow, long road trip story. Yeah I've had one or two of those, maybe more. It's always more menacing coming back home than it is going to your destination, when excitement overrides drowsiness.

zurgandfriend

Some of the craziness I have experienced at WDW.
My DS then eight years old walking into My Disney Girl Perfect Princess Tea by mistake. Boy did he run out of there in a hurry.
A woman who had one too many margaritas at the San Angel Inn and was lifting her top up to various people. No Bra on under her top.
Parents insisting that their daughter ride the Primeval Whirl, She sat next to my DS. He had “claw marks” on his arm from her hanging on to him the whole time.
My wife’s family grand gathering where every family stayed at a different resort, the expression-herding cats” applies to that vacation. Our niece decided she liked our room at the Contemporary better than her family’s room at Pop Century so she just moved in with us.
MY DW insisting that Mission space was a tame ride; this was before the orange/green lines. Nothing like trying to hold two barf bags one for DW one for DS at the same time.
Another niece age four so excited in seeing Pooh at the the Crystal Palace that she pee’d her pants. Her young parents were dumb founded at what to do. DW wrapped her in a napkin and took her to the ladies room to clean her up. I ran to the Emporium and got her a new outfit.

All crazy memories that I can laugh about now and would not trade for all the tea in China

Last edited:

macefamily

1998. Flew down to Melbourne, FL for a business trip with my wife and two toddlers at the time; 2 and 5 yrs old. Went to acquire a rental car and realized my driver's license was expired. No problem, wife will get it. Her driver's license was expired. Kids were getting cranky. I decided to call a cab and go get a Florida driver's license. Got to the driver's license center and they needed my Social Security card; I didn't have one. Had to call another cab and go to the Social Security office for a duplicate card. Got one. Went back to the Driver's Center. Used a friend's home address to get my Florida driver's license. After the three hour affair I went back to the airport and got my rental car. Held that Florida driver's license for two years; it was a great conversation piece. Try doing that in a post 9/11 era.

Maelstrom Troll

We were in WS Japan when a Mic’d CM who had obviously forgotten to turn it off had a very intimate conversation about another CM. His conversation went over the loud speakers....it was an interesting evening. It went south pretty quickly do my wife went into the gift shop to get someone to cut the feed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
1998. Flew down to Melbourne, FL for a business trip with my wife and two toddlers at the time; 2 and 5 yrs old. Went to acquire a rental car and realized my driver's license was expired. No problem, wife will get it. Her driver's license was expired. Kids were getting cranky. I decided to call a cab and go get a Florida driver's license. Got to the driver's license center and they needed my Social Security card; I didn't have one. Had to call another cab and go to the Social Security office for a duplicate card. Got one. Went back to the Driver's Center. Used a friend's home address to get my Florida driver's license. After the three hour affair I went back to the airport and got my rental car. Held that Florida driver's license for two years; it was a great conversation piece. Try doing that in a post 9/11 era.
Oho, so the RealID act is YOUR fault!... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom