Crave Certain Times of the Year

TXDisney

Original Poster
I like most on this site frequent WDW. Being I live in Texas, WDW is a once a year trip. I had the prick edge a few years ago to go to WDW 4 times in a 13 month span. Bc of that I got to see WDW for different seasons and festivals that I previously hadn't. My 1st trip was early December. All decorated for Christmas. Arguably my favorite time to visit WDW. It's my parents favorite time and they own a timeshare so they're in control over when we go every other trip. So next year it will be then. After that trip we went in mid April. For the flower and garden festival. We loved it. WR got engaged that trip so it was special. We opted to do a WDW wedding so we had to do a wedding planning visit at WDW. We chose to do that in September during the food and wine festival. Being we had no kids, we had s blast that trip. We got married at WDW and that was in January. We got incredibly lucky with weather that year. Besides ya ya a rather poor time to visit. Luckily we were so preoccupied with rehareasal dinner, family and all it kept us distracted. We this last year went in early summer and I won't do that again.

So what's everyone favorite time of the year to visit WDW?!?!

HurricaneHanna

I have to say that I like every time of year at Disney. The last few years we've been taking a 7-10 day trip about every 3 months. This has allowed us to see and appreciate WDW in every season. I love going in January and February because we live over 900 miles north of Orlando and Winters are long, cold, cloudy, and dreary at home. Taking a time out to go to sunny Florida always renews my spirit and I return home ready to muddle through until Spring. I love March and April at Disney. The Flower and Garden show at Epcot is beautiful and all of the parks feel energetic like they're waking up from winter. It's just a really fresh feeling time of year. Maybe it's the low humidity? Summer- June, July, August is also a great time to visit. YES it is swelteringly hot, but nothing says Florida to me like 95 degrees and sunshine. I embrace the heat, soak it in, and then go hide in some air conditioning for a while, which is easy to do in the parks and at the resorts, not to mention the chilly buses. I love the Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP so obviously I love visiting in September and October too. Finally- Christmas time. No place on Earth makes me feel the Christmas/Holiday spirit like WDW. The decorations are everywhere. The music is all around. It's just such a happy great feeling time to visit.
I honestly feel like there's no wrong time to visit Disney World !

Cowboy Steve

LOVE visiting during Christmas time. Hands down absolute favorite time to go! For me, Disney magic and the holidays go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly lol! Though I would like to visit in October one time just for MNSSHP and to see how they decorate the parks for Halloween. 'Halloweekends' were big at the amusement park I worked at, and they did a great job decorating the park for the season.

Susan Savia

I am here right now and it's very hot and humid plus the occasional rain. We came at this time mainly for the Halloween party, but my favorite time to go is January or February. The cooler temperatures and somewhat lower crowds are nice. Our next trip is scheduled for January.

Glasgow

We used to go in Feb when the kids weren't in school - I miss the cooler days and "lower" crowds. Still tho, can't beat Halloween/Xmas decorations and/or MNSSHP and MVMCP.

bub72ck

Ive never been in the heat of the summer and hopefully I am able to avoid that forever. I have been between Christmas and New Years and that was insane. NEVER AGAIN! The other times have been February, April, and October. Of those three I think April has been my favorite. The weather was not too hot or too cold and the crowds were low. I went last October and will be going again in a few weeks and I remember it to be hotter now as opposed to late winter early spring. Fortunately I now have some business accounts in Orlando so I hope to tie that to additional trips in the future along with our family trips.

Rinx

The hotter the better for me! I've been in WDW all times of year and being there whilst having to wear pants and a coat just doesn't feel Disney to me. I don't mind the heat at all, bring it on! August-September work for me best.

jloucks

I like most on this site frequent WDW. Being I live in Texas, WDW is a once a year trip. I had the prick edge a few years ago to go to WDW 4 times in a 13 month span. Bc of that I got to see WDW for different seasons and festivals that I previously hadn't. My 1st trip was early December. All decorated for Christmas. Arguably my favorite time to visit WDW. It's my parents favorite time and they own a timeshare so they're in control over when we go every other trip. So next year it will be then. After that trip we went in mid April. For the flower and garden festival. We loved it. WR got engaged that trip so it was special. We opted to do a WDW wedding so we had to do a wedding planning visit at WDW. We chose to do that in September during the food and wine festival. Being we had no kids, we had s blast that trip. We got married at WDW and that was in January. We got incredibly lucky with weather that year. Besides ya ya a rather poor time to visit. Luckily we were so preoccupied with rehareasal dinner, family and all it kept us distracted. We this last year went in early summer and I won't do that again.

So what's everyone favorite time of the year to visit WDW?!?!

Going for the Christmas experience for the first time this year. Did Halloween last trip. That trip was my favorite, but we will see how this year contends.

TXDisney

Original Poster
Funny how you learn something new each trip as well. We've been to WDW the1st week of December 2 out the 4 last years. When we went 4 years ago the parks were very uncrowded. When we went this last December it was very crowded. We assumed it was bc it was the last year of the Osborne lights, which certainly was a big factor on why we even went. But came to find out it was also the last week that wasn't blocked out for Florida residence with an AP. So now we know to pay attention to that cake see and book the following week after that next Christmas trip.

SSH

LOVE late Nov, early dec. I'm all about the holiday decor and cooler weather. (Plus we were married there in Dec, so it all makes my Happy Place happier. Feels like a tradition at this point.)

But years ago we had unrestricted APs and would go multiple times each year...summer was always my least favorite (although that never stopped us from going or having a great time.:D). But even though I'm a lifelong Floridian, I find the heat brutal in WDW - the temps have definitely risen the past 2 decades, with less trees/shade in parks.

During summer, I'm mostly hiding in AC or on the beach, with occasional wknds in the Keys.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Our all time favorite is December, taking in the Christmas lights, decorations and events. We also love the beauty of the F&G festival time in April/May. Both Sept and Oct trips have been fun, enjoying MNSSHP. The only time I hated being in Disney (and will never plan to go again) was in August.

mouse_luv

I've been all times of the year except Xmas and Jan (the latter changes this coming year)! And loved going in Feb and Sept the most. September because of the decorations and MNSSHP cannot be beat. Least fave was June/July.

worldfanatic

The hotter the better for me! I've been in WDW all times of year and being there whilst having to wear pants and a coat just doesn't feel Disney to me. I don't mind the heat at all, bring it on! August-September work for me best.
I'm with you.
Every single trip I've taken in the past 25 years except one has been in the July-September period. I love hanging at the pools and the hotter the outside temp the better. Plus I love the rain possibilities at this time of year as well.
My one early December trip was great for the Xmas atmosphere, and I'll do it again someday.
But wearing a jacket or sweater at WDW?? That just completely blows!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom