Cranes, Walls, and Haunted Falls! 9-15-07 Update

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Hey there everyone! Action packed update!...sort of, haha. I'm finally back in the ol' business of writing updates again! Sooo, to start off:

The parks themselves were pretty much the usual weekend but not in season type waits. Basically, like for example, over at the MK, Small World, Peter Pan, were all about 20 minutes, HM was 40 (but felt like 15), while over at Epcot, Test Track standby was 55 minutes was the biggest it got to, because during the day it was 55, then 40, then 30, then back up again to 55. Soarin' was pretty much 75 in the early day, then back down to 55, with MS being only 25 during the whole day.

Sooo, now off to the newsbits of the day!:

-- The crane over at the MK is there right behind the castle, right side, quite close to Sir Mickey's. It's still not up yet, but it's absolutely huge and ya can't miss it!

-- I really loved the new Mansion. For me, it looked like it was all new and that they had rebuilt it from the ground up almost. It's feels new and doesn't feel like how it was before. I would say that this rehab was a lot better than POTC's, especially in the condition that it is now.

-- Lots of business still going on for the new Boutique location under the castle. As the wait line as I saw it from the walkway, there were always about 5 people at the table waiting to get in, only a few times a bit more, no less, usually always 5 people.

--...Which comes to my next order of business. I just noticed something when I was there. They should try and divert traffic through another way for exiting Fantasyland back to Main Street through the leftmost pathway to the castle since the path on the right (aka the one with the wishing well) is closed cause of the crane. Why? Because that area, between the Boutique, stroller parking and the restaurant, since they're right across from each other = bottleneck. Either that, or one way traffic in and out of that walkway. There wasn't much of one yesterday, but at times there was, and it seemed like traffic on I-4 on a Friday (you locals will get what I mean :animwink: )

-- Saw the parade, and I felt really bad for the performers. It was raining, and while it started out light, it had gone heavy during the middle portion, and finally let up near the end, but it's always a good thing to see how the CM's weren't fidgeting through it all! :) Only thing is, it looks like maybe some portions of the parade didn't go out, cause it felt really short to me honestly (yeah, a bit embarrasing, but it was my first time seeing the Share a Dream Come True parade :p )

On to Epcot!:

-- It's pretty ironic, I've always wanted to figure out how Test Track works and why it's deemed so complicated and why there's a whole lot more than than just 4 tires to each car. Wellll, after almost 10 years of guessing, I FINALLY figured it out, haha. It just defies my logic and amazes me though, both the ride system and how many cars can be on the track at the same time. Anybody know how many cars can be out at a time?

-- And talking on an operational basis for TT, when I was riding, there were some stuff not working: The cones weren't working (contrary to popular belief, only 1 other time I've been on it and not seen it work), the corrosive robots weren't working, the audio that was before the ABS test only came out of the TV next to you, not the car, and the video camara for the brake tests before you get into the enviromental chamber wasn't working either). It was a bit strange though, apparently they sent the cars out a bit too fast out onto the track, cause once we got into the usual blackout when you see the truck, we got to the truck part, and stopped right in front of the truck for a few seconds, then sped itself off into the barrier test area. When we got into the area though, the sound was off sync, thinking the car had already passed the actual barrier to get outside. It played again, but without the line from the car to hang on.

-- Soarin' was still awesome as always. I gotta say though, it was my first time seeing the games in the Standby queue. I personally didn't like it. I definitely prefer the other stuff that was in the queue before. Like the test should go on in other rides with long waits, but with Soarin', as least tie it in to the actual ride, ie not so much bout the enviroment, but maybe like a flight simulator, or like trying to glide around mountains, or like a cell phone game, you guide the person down while they're skydiving. I only saw one game on the screen since I went through the FP line, and there might be the ones I said, but I'm just pointing that out right now.

-- Project Tomorrow does INDEED have new walls again, and construction has begun on the Megacities area (I remember somebody said they talked to a CM and said they would begin construction on sometime this week). I just wonder when the last part to the PT will begin (in the 'check-up of the future' site next to Body Builder). Also, some new markers have appeared for SSE, namely the wheelchair logo signs, as to which I don't know if anybody has posted pictures of them yet, but they are pretty stylish. (Btw, if anybody was there yesterday, saw a guy in yellow who was writing in a notebook for a good hour/hour and a half on the big sofa cushions, that was me, haha. If anybody else is interested, PT's a good place right now to sit, have A/C, and if you're a writer, not many distractions). On a random side note, I finally did Super Driver for once...that game is addicting, haha.

-- Going past SSE on the monorail, I looked down into the queue, and there were plenty of sawhorse worktables, and something peculiar...I thought I saw one of the panels when the ride was going up in the entry point, where you see all those multicolored fun pool noodles as I liked to call them.

-- There's a new wall over next to Art of Disney, and is apparently for the store, as the logo is on the wall, as well as a the normal directional sign.

-- Saw new Canada movie...eh. It was alright, nothing to write home about though.

That's all for today!! Thanks for reading!

Two questions though: I have pictures, but thing is, I have no idea how to do the whole embedding though, so if someone can help me in how to do it, much thanks! And lastly, for those of you who do pic updates, any suggestions on getting a new camara? Mine is starting to go the way of the dodo unfortunately...:cry:

doop

Thanks for the info! :wave:

If you want to embed pics into a thread, you have to host them first on a picture hosting site like photobucket or imageshack. Then all you have to do is get the direct link and and then type this:
photo.jpg
... of course replacing the example link with the link of your picture.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
-- Going past SSE on the monorail, I looked down into the queue, and there were plenty of sawhorse worktables, and something peculiar...I thought I saw one of the panels when the ride was going up in the entry point, where you see all those multicolored fun pool noodles as I liked to call them.:
so let me understand you correctly, you mean a whole panel from the accent was or has been taken out and was in the entry way to assume that the area was being completely gutted? interseting if that is the case

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks for the info! :wave:

If you want to embed pics into a thread, you have to host them first on a picture hosting site like photobucket or imageshack. Then all you have to do is get the direct link and and then type this:
photo.jpg
... of course replacing the example link with the link of your picture.
You can also host your pics right here on WDWMagic.

To put the pics into your posts, click on the icon that looks like this
insertimage.gif
above your edit window and insert the location url of the pic [you can get the url by viewing the pic wherever it is and right-click on it and select copy image location]. You can include up to ten images in any given post.

Thanks for the update. :wave:

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Jmaxwell: Indeed, that's what it pretty much looked like it was, that it was the multicolored fun noodles from the accent tunnel. It was a relatively small piece though, but probbaly cause they're taking it apart bit by bit as usual. The monorail was speeding too fast and with my camara being stupid as of late, I wasn't able to get a good pic of it, but I instantly recognized it because it was black on background, and of course, there were the noodles on it. It really should be interesting if that's the case! *hopes to have cool modern stuff where loading area is*

Sooo, onto the pics! *crossing fingers that it'll work*

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_002_Large_.jpg

This is the entrance to the new Boutique, with the walkway I was talking about (sorry bout the blur). Like I said, this is becoming a big problem, bottleneck wise, cause of the close proximity of these strollers:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_003_Large_.jpg

With everyone trying to get out and what not...yeah, it's gunna get to be a problem at peak times or possibly any day of the week.

Crane time! It's still down, but it's waiting to go up...

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_004_Large_.jpg

I thought this was pretty funny honestly when I developed this pic, with the HM wait time, plus dark clouds, really coincidental and ironic:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_005_Large_.jpg

This was how the wait looked on the outside:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_006_Large_.jpg

Ahhh, the plaque I haven't seen in ages!!

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_007_Large_.jpg

Love this pic...

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_011_Large_.jpg

The line beneath the tarp once getting under it:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_012_Large_.jpg

And I have no idea if anyone realized this, but this rose? It's REAL...I thought it was fake at first when I saw the pictures of the graveyard on here, but when I went, as you can tell from the pic, it's actually starting to wither and rot...talk about spooky...

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_017_Large_.jpg

More pics to come! PS - Thanks for the embed tips guys!

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Now onto Epcot! and to my first time seeing (in a VERY long time) a wandless SSE!

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_018_Large_.jpg

MONEY SHOT!!! (even though it's cloudy, haha):

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_019_Large_.jpg

Another MONEY SHOT!!! but focused:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_021_Large_.jpg

As noted before, tarps and what not are still up on the upper pylons of SSE:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_022_Large_.jpg

The aforementioned wall over in front of Art of Disney:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_023_Large_.jpg

The Megacities wall!

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_027_Large_.jpg

The snazzy new sign for wheelchairs, made out of glass, with the new swirl on the top and bottom:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_029.jpg

Another wheelchair sign with the logo (sorry for the blur):

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_031_Large_.jpg

Just a bit more! and possibly some old/recent photos I want to put on here! :sohappy:

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Time for an artsy pic!

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_032_Large_.jpg

Another artsy pic!:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_033_Large_.jpg

Night time shot of MS:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_038_Large_.jpg

Night time shot of TT:

MK_Mansion_and_Epcot_9-15-07_039_Large_.jpg

Here's some other shots I've taken for fun (and since I've been developing an eye for photography) over the past year or so that I haven't posted up reports and updates!:

From Beyond the River:

FJ_WDW_Trip_2-9-07_001.jpg

Foreboding Shadows:

FJ_WDW_Trip_2-9-07_004.jpg

View down Sunset:

FJ_WDW_Trip_2-9-07_020.jpg

POTC when it first opened after rehab:

FJ_WDW_Trip_8_02_06_011_Small_.jpg

MONEY SHOT!!! of EE:

FJ_WDW_Trip_2-9-07_007_Large_.jpg

And last, but not least, my favorite one of all (yes, blur is intentional):

7793ToT_Shadow-_Cover_for_Story.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the update!

Unplugged

Thanks for the update. We're going next week so every update helps our planning.

You had asked about suggestions for a new digital camera. I'll throw in my two cents for you. First, whenever possible, I've been buying my electronics (cameras, memory for the camera, computer stuff, etc) from "newegg.com". I do not work for them, just find their prices and policies to be some of the best on the web. Worth checking out.

Second, for an opinion on the camera itself, I have a Canon SD600. There are newer models than mine and as always, newer means more mega pixels and a lower price. I've got 7MP, so using the maximum resolution with least compression, I get about 400 photos on my 2GB SD card. At WDW with all the sunshine and most photos being outside (no flash), the battery lasts a long time so I only charge it every few days. I've had great success with Canon products. I used to be on the Sony band wagon, but they make their products too proprietary (memory stick verse SD for example) and expensive for my liking.

Not sure how old your digital camera is, so here's my tip of the day. When you buy one you'll most likely buy extra memory. Assuming you get one that uses SD cards, make sure you buy FAST cards. I bought a 2GB 150x for my camera so it can write the image in real-time. Snap, write, no wait. Price difference these days is negligible. I know numerous people who bought high MP (7+) digital cameras with the slow memory. They snap a photo and wait a few seconds to write to memory. Typically becomes a problem when you have to snap a lot very quickly.

Hope this helps.:wave:

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Hope this helps.:wave:

Thanks so much for the advice! Yeah, that's what I've been trying to find, something that lastst, is relatively cheap, good quality, and easy to use. Mine's an HP Photosmart 320, only 2.1 MP :brick: , which has been driving me nuts, and it's been here since about 04. I got a 32 MB memory card with it, but even then it doesn't help a whole lot, and it says a lot when you put it on 'best quality', that the one that says average turns out the best in quality. :fork:

Thanks for the advice!

ROEFan88

Great update, thanks! :)

I hope the new SSE entrance signs are anywhere near as stunning as those new disabled access signs in Project Tomorrow. If such attention has been paid to such a small detail, something tells me SSE's entrance (and hopefully the ride itself, too) will look AMAZING.

Never thought I'd get so excited over a little sign! :sohappy: lol

And I have no idea if anyone realized this, but this rose? It's REAL...I thought it was fake at first when I saw the pictures of the graveyard on here, but when I went, as you can tell from the pic, it's actually starting to wither and rot...talk about spooky...

Yes. It is rumored that every morning before the park opens a CM will place a rose on the tomb stone. if by chance it is forgotten and no rose is there, the ride will break down during the day and/or a guest will get hurt.

Here you can see my mini version complete with rose.
gracy_stone.jpg

Rob562

-- Going past SSE on the monorail, I looked down into the queue, and there were plenty of sawhorse worktables, and something peculiar...I thought I saw one of the panels when the ride was going up in the entry point, where you see all those multicolored fun pool noodles as I liked to call them.

Maybe they're restoring the ones on the left-hand side of the track. I believe the three "safety video" flatpanel screens were installed on top/in place of those "noodles". Perhaps they're taking those screens out? (If the lawyers say that they MUST have the warning, mount the screens in the load area so that you see it before you enter the darkened attraction. Those screens ruin the ascent, IMHO. The right-hand ones were still there, but the blacklight "flowing" effect on them is washed out by the light from the screens)

-Rob

The Mak

Maybe they're restoring the ones on the left-hand side of the track. I believe the three "safety video" flatpanel screens were installed on top/in place of those "noodles". Perhaps they're taking those screens out? (If the lawyers say that they MUST have the warning, mount the screens in the load area so that you see it before you enter the darkened attraction. Those screens ruin the ascent, IMHO. The right-hand ones were still there, but the blacklight "flowing" effect on them is washed out by the light from the screens)

-Rob

The video can also be broadcast via the touch screens in the vehicles.

Camera

If you are looking for a new camera I would recommend a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi. You can pick up the kit for about $750 now from B&H out of New York. I have used this camera for almost a year now and love it. I shoot with a Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-300mm and an EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM. The only recommendation I would make with this camera is to buy a flash with it. I plan to pick up a 5D in another month or so but the XTi was absolutely worth it for the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom