crab cakes

mrtoad

The best one I had was at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. It was pure crab meat and spices on the inside, no filler at all.

Really, really awesome! :slurp:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Had to think for a minute...kinda flows together after a while...

Fultons was very good, Dungeness crab
(always hoped they had that at Artist's Point...but no)

Flying Fish
Narcoossee's
Brown Derby
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona Cafe
Edit: Wolfgang Puck Cafe
I think they were all as appetizers

Why not try them all on your next visit and you tell us which is best! :slurp:

DisneyBunny

Does anyone know if there are any Chesapeake Bay Style crab cakes at any of these places? Some of the menues are a bit vague about that. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to crab cakes. :slurp:

mrtoad

I am not too sure about why style is what but as mentioned the ones at Fulton's are made from Dungeness crab which is like gold...

DisneyBunny said:
Does anyone know if there are any Chesapeake Bay Style crab cakes at any of these places? Some of the menues are a bit vague about that. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to crab cakes. :slurp:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DisneyBunny said:

Not sure of what that style is. Generally, the crabcakes are heavy on crabmeat, with just enough filler to hold it together. All are hand made, so there is a decent variation from one place to another, although the very different toppings and sauces are great.

You can check www.allearsnet.com for menu listings to give you a better idea.

jdvm

The crab cake appetizer at Flying Fish is the best I've ever had anywhere!! The ones at Kona Cafe are good, but not as good as Flying Fish. Hope this helps

Tim G

orioleinflorida said:
Thanks for the info .Being originally from Maryland I am a purist too.
You cant beat Maryland crab cakes !! Yum Yum Yum
Well... you should try the ones my wife makes... :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Jiminy wishes

Chesapeake Bay Crab ANYTHING......YUM! Give me my vinegar/old bay, a place to sit my rear, and some Crabs of course................and I'm good to go!

I too am an obvious fellow Marylander.

ZapperZ

I second wholeheartedly on the crab cakes at Fulton's. They pack a huge amount of crab in the crabcakes, with very little fillers.

Zz.

DisneyBunny

orioleinflorida said:
Thanks for the info .Being originally from Maryland I am a purist too.
You cant beat Maryland crab cakes !! Yum Yum Yum

Jiminy wishes said:
Chesapeake Bay Crab ANYTHING......YUM! Give me my vinegar/old bay, a place to sit my rear, and some Crabs of course................and I'm good to go!

I too am an obvious fellow Marylander.

Is it that obvious that I'm a Marylander too? :lol:

For those who asked, a Marlyand style crab cake would be blue crab (preferably from the Bay, not Louisiana, but that's hard to get year round) mixed with very little filler, Old Bay seasoning,and fried to golden perfection. No sauce, nothing fancy - no mango chutney, no salsa, just crab, in cake form. For those who have never had a TRUE crab cake, come on 'downy ocean some time. You don't know what you're missing. :slurp:

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
crabcakes

Nice to see so many others from Maryland . As anyone from Maryland knows we set the standard for crab cakes ..and dont forget the crab soup also .
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Granny's Crab Soup . It's looks like 1 of you may be at Disney when we go 03/17-03/23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom