Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My parents and I are getting our boosters on Monday.
My sister is getting a cortisone injection in her back today so unfortunately she can't get her booster for at least 2 weeks.
All of us will be in Florida in 2 weeks so I had hoped we'd all get our boosters before but she'll be getting hers right after.

ImperfectPixie

Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin. Between vaccines and the new treatments awaiting approval we may have this thing beat (or at least managed).
Unfortunately, it's just giving people another reason to avoid vaccination. Don't forget, prior infection is no guarantee against reinfection, so people relying on the pill as a treatment are just going to keep the virus circulating amongst the unvaccinated, leading to more mutations.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Unfortunately, it's just giving people another reason to avoid vaccination. Don't forget, prior infection is no guarantee against reinfection, so people relying on the pill as a treatment are just going to keep the virus circulating amongst the unvaccinated, leading to more mutations.
I mean...is your preference to develop no treatment for COVID at all outside the vaccine? IMO, the benefits of what could potentially be a ground breaking treatment far outweigh the risks of people using it as an excuse to not get vaccinated. So what if a group uses it as an excuse? They already conjure up plenty as it is. Bottom line, if we can keep more people out of the hospital, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, it is a good thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see no reason to believe that very many adults who aren’t already vaccinated are still “deciding“ whether or not to get a vaccine so these treatments really don’t impact vaccination levels much. The remaining 20% of adults who haven’t started the vaccine process yet will only be getting a shot if/when they are ”nudged” into it by either workplace mandates or travel and entertainment requirements. I wish that wasn’t necessary, but we are where we are and there’s not much left to say about it.

The way you have to look at these treatments is that they are another layer of protection for fully vaccinated people. If you are fully vaccinated the odds of a severe covid case and/or hospitalization are pretty low already. In the somewhat rare case of a breakthrough infection we have (or will soon have) multiple treatments that make the already low probability of severe infection and hospitalization even lower. All good news. The vaccines are still the first step in protecting people and ending the pandemic, but it can’t hurt to have a “backup plan“ in case the vaccine doesn‘t work.

Speaking of the topic of the thread…my 11 year old has an appointment on Monday for his first vaccine shot. The school district setup a vaccine clinic for Monday so the 2nd shot will happen the Monday after Thanksgiving. Slots filled up so quickly they are now planning a 2nd clinic later in the week. I know uptake will vary based on where you live, but I’m very happy to live in a place where vaccine acceptance is very high :)

ImperfectPixie

I see no reason to believe that very many adults who aren’t already vaccinated are still “deciding“ whether or not to get a vaccine so these treatments really don’t impact vaccination levels much. The remaining 20% of adults who haven’t started the vaccine process yet will only be getting a shot if/when they are ”nudged” into it by either workplace mandates or travel and entertainment requirements. I wish that wasn’t necessary, but we are where we are and there’s not much left to say about it.

The way you have to look at these treatments is that they are another layer of protection for fully vaccinated people. If you are fully vaccinated the odds of a severe covid case and/or hospitalization are pretty low already. In the somewhat rare case of a breakthrough infection we have (or will soon have) multiple treatments that make the already low probability of severe infection and hospitalization even lower. All good news. The vaccines are still the first step in protecting people and ending the pandemic, but it can’t hurt to have a “backup plan“ in case the vaccine doesn‘t work.

Speaking of the topic of the thread…my 11 year old has an appointment on Monday for his first vaccine shot. The school district setup a vaccine clinic for Monday so the 2nd shot will happen the Monday after Thanksgiving. Slots filled up so quickly they are now planning a 2nd clinic later in the week. I know uptake will vary based on where you live, but I’m very happy to live in a place where vaccine acceptance is very high :)
I've already seen some of the "hesitant" (or those claiming to be) saying they're glad they have a choice to avoid vaccination. (Not these boards.)

I've also seen them blaming the new OSHA rule for people being "forced" to leave their jobs, even though OSHA allows for weekly testing, and if employers choose not to make that allowance, it's the employer's choice, not the fault of OSHA.

I'm thankful to live in a relatively high-vaccination state, too...but I wish these people would put on their grown-up pants and just get the shots for pete's sake. Finding an appointment for my 10-year-old has been a strike-out so far, but we don't live in or even near Boston, so I'm not really surprised as I'm sure less doses are going to the suburbs than the city or immediately surrounding, more highly populated areas.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've already seen some of the "hesitant" (or those claiming to be) saying they're glad they have a choice to avoid vaccination. (Not these boards.)

I've also seen them blaming the new OSHA rule for people being "forced" to leave their jobs, even though OSHA allows for weekly testing, and if employers choose not to make that allowance, it's the employer's choice, not the fault of OSHA.

I'm thankful to live in a relatively high-vaccination state, too...but I wish these people would put on their grown-up pants and just get the shots for pete's sake. Finding an appointment for my 10-year-old has been a strike-out so far, but we don't live in or even near Boston, so I'm not really surprised as I'm sure less doses are going to the suburbs than the city or immediately surrounding, more highly populated areas.
I’m no longer interested in hearing what the “hesitant“ have to say.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I’m no longer interested in hearing what the “hesitant“ have to say.
Waving Oh Hello GIF by Mickey Mouse

Long time no see!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, I kinda just gave up on the other thread. Nothing more to say.

I am really happy the approval finally came through for kids 5-11 on the vaccines. One step closer to ending this pandemic.
Soon Federal Transportation will lift mask mandate as masks for good for trains, buses, planes and cruises next year as ending this pandemic too.

Lilofan

Yeah, I kinda just gave up on the other thread. Nothing more to say.

I am really happy the approval finally came through for kids 5-11 on the vaccines. One step closer to ending this pandemic.
Glad you are back but somewhat related GB QB Aaron Rodgers says he got the vaccine when asked, then later tested positive for Covid, then turns out he lied about being vaccinated! Not cool!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you are back but somewhat related GB QB Aaron Rodgers says he got the vaccine when asked, then later tested positive for Covid, then turns out he lied about being vaccinated! Not cool!
Bizarre story. He apparently underwent an “alternate treatment” to boost his immune system so he wouldn’t have to be vaccinated. He tried to get the NFL to accept that as equal to vaccination but they shot him down. I’m sure the alternative treatment was FDA approved and tested through a massive double blind trial 🥴🤷‍♂️ I stopped trying to figure out how people think.

Lilofan

Bizarre story. He apparently underwent an “alternate treatment” to boost his immune system so he wouldn’t have to be vaccinated. He tried to get the NFL to accept that as equal to vaccination but they shot him down. I’m sure the alternative treatment was FDA approved and tested through a massive double blind trial 🥴🤷‍♂️ I stopped trying to figure out how people think.
And to think he could have been the new full time Jeopardy host after his try at being a temp host , those Jeopardy fans must be shaking their heads too.🤔 Say it ain't so Aaron!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom