Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've been in VA since last night. Yet it is my impression that most of NJ business establishments WILL put up signs that state: "No mask. No service". Hey, Biden said we don't need a mask.....Governor Murphy said we now don't need a mask...but the supermarket manager or the Wal-Mart manager says you do. Hmm...politicians ....what good are they?😂

I have been to a number of stores in NJ since Friday, and I don't think I have seen any that are still requiring masks for people who are vaccinated. I have mainly been in chain stores, so maybe local stores are different.

SteveBrickNJ

I have been to a number of stores in NJ since Friday, and I don't think I have seen any that are still requiring masks for people who are vaccinated. I have mainly been in chain stores, so maybe local stores are different.
Great! We are heading back this afternoon. Staying in PA tonight and arriving home Monday.

correcaminos

Vaccination significantly reduces the change of transmission, but does not eliminate it.
Unless you stay completely away nothing does to be fair. I'm happy to wear if another masks, and maybe it sounds like I'm tired, but there needs to be a bonus for some to vaccinate at this point. Saying this as someone living in a state that really kind of sucks.

Kid got dose #2 today. Happy to have that done. About this time last year, I signed up with two places online to join a covid vaccine trial. I did get a call from both eventually. A lot has changed for the good this past year.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think the powers that be should stress the facts regarding how effective these vaccines actually are. People either don't understand how protected they are or simply refuse to believe it. I don't know how many times I've read or heard someone say they are vaccinated but are still wearing a mask because they are worried about encountering someone who is not vaccinated. What exactly do they think the vaccines do?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the powers that be should stress the facts regarding how effective these vaccines actually are. People either don't understand how protected they are or simply refuse to believe it. I don't know how many times I've read or heard someone say they are vaccinated but are still wearing a mask because they are worried about encountering someone who is not vaccinated. What exactly do they think the vaccines do?

Or these people could simply be afraid of getting infected. Fears are often not rational and simply providing facts doesn't automatically make the fear go away.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
I saw that Pfizer and Modern hope to have their vaccines available for the 5 to 11 age group by September.
Yes, phase 3 trial is ramping up now and they need 2 months of safety data so results should be in around the end of August or beginning of Sept and then they should apply for EUA shortly after. If all goes well shots in arms start by Oct 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom