Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New Jersey: starting this Friday, May 28

Masks
  • Vaccinated: Can be without masks indoors and outdoors.
    • But, transportation and state facilities will still require masks, including health centers, shelters, prisons, etc...
    • But, individual businesses can decide to require masks of all its employees and customers.
    • But, youth centers will be mandated to keep masking due to lack of vaccination among youth (so far)
  • Unvaccinated: must continue to wear masks, on the honor system, no state vaccine passport or checking
  • Anyone can continue to wear masks if they chose to
    • Those who are masked cannot be excluded (whether out of fear of the virus, or, mask-hatred)

Distancing
  • All indoor distancing mandates are rescinded (no 6 ft, no 3 ft, no meter)
  • Including restaurants, and bars, and dance floors, and gyms and religious services and political events
  • Private businesses can still enforce distancing for their worker and/or customers if they chose

New Jersey: starting this Friday, Jun 4

Removal of all capacity limits

1621879240159.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New Jersey: starting this Friday, May 28

Masks
  • Vaccinated: Can be without masks indoors and outdoors.
    • But, transportation and state facilities will still require masks, including health centers, shelters, prisons, etc...
    • But, individual businesses can decide to require masks of all its employees and customers.
    • But, youth centers will be mandated to keep masking due to lack of vaccination among youth (so far)
  • Unvaccinated: must continue to wear masks, on the honor system, no state vaccine passport or checking
  • Anyone can continue to wear masks if they chose to
    • Those who are masked cannot be excluded (whether out of fear of the virus, or, mask-hatred)

Distancing
  • All indoor distancing mandates are rescinded (no 6 ft, no 3 ft, no meter)
  • Including restaurants, and bars, and dance floors, and gyms and religious services and political events
  • Private businesses can still enforce distancing for their worker and/or customers if they chose

New Jersey: starting this Friday, Jun 4

Removal of all capacity limits

View attachment 559849

I listened to the press conference, and it might just be semantics at this point, but the new mask rule as of Friday is that no-one is required to wear a mask indoors, vaccinated or un-vaccinated. They are still recommending unvaccinated people where mask, but it will not be a legal requirements.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I listened to the press conference, and it might just be semantics at this point, but the new mask rule as of Friday is that no-one is required to wear a mask indoors, vaccinated or un-vaccinated. They are still recommending unvaccinated people where mask, but it will not be a legal requirements.
That's the "honor system' part. The unvaccinated are supposed to wear a mask. They're not supposed to chose to not wear a mask because they don't feel like it. They must. But, there's no legal enforcement. So, they're their own cop in that regard. It's the honor system. They can lie, and then go maskless.

If a business is checking for proof of vaccines (which they legally can in NJ), they can enforce the unvaccinated to wear a mask while the vaccinated go maskless. So, a private business can take the decision out of their hands and be the enforcer. It's just that the state isn't doing that. For now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's the "honor system' part. The unvaccinated are supposed to wear a mask. They're not supposed to chose to not wear a mask because they don't feel like it. They must. But, there's no legal enforcement. So, they're their own cop in that regard. It's the honor system. They can lie, and then go maskless.

If a business is checking for proof of vaccines (which they legally can in NJ), they can enforce the unvaccinated to wear a mask while the vaccinated go maskless. So, a private business can take the decision out of their hands and be the enforcer. It's just that the state isn't doing that. For now.

I still think a rule, even though it can't be verified, is better then no rule at all.

HouCuseChickie

In case anyone was interested in some other local data...this link goes to a bunch of charts that the Texas Medical Center in Houston has been tracking since the beginning.

The daily new cases is a very encouraging chart. As numbers really declined, they stopped posting this every day...so it's now just a weekly thing (even more encouraging). Kids go in for their second shot next week.

1621949438742.png

GenerationX

Just curious what people think of this?

Seems to be a very small number.

I suspect all vaccines prompt adverse reactions in some percentage of the populace. So, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to this tiny, unlucky group. I'm more surprised, frankly, that the media didn't suppress this information. They're still pretty quiet about the CDC's 99.998% survival rate for kids 0-17. Or that at least 1/3 of the people who get it have symptoms so sleight they don't even notice, particularly kids.

Heppenheimer

Myocarditis is uncommon, but not exactly rare. We see it mostly in the spring and summer, since the main viral culprit that provokes it, Coxsackie virus, usually circulates at this time.of year.

Unless they were seeing a rise in cases far above the usual baseline, this doesn't sound like it will be related to the vaccines.

Lilofan

Vaccine tourism is making a comeback. For the price of an airline ticket, tourists from Peru and Mexico for example once again are coming to the USA to get vaccinated since a number of sites have challenges attracting our own residents to get vaccinated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I suspect all vaccines prompt adverse reactions in some percentage of the populace. So, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to this tiny, unlucky group. I'm more surprised, frankly, that the media didn't suppress this information. They're still pretty quiet about the CDC's 99.998% survival rate for kids 0-17. Or that at least 1/3 of the people who get it have symptoms so sleight they don't even notice, particularly kids.

Perfectly inline with the media's MO, focus on the negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom