Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Novavax not likely until at least the end of July...

This means it won't be until late June that there are enough doses for all people in the U.S.

Not that getting everyone vaccinated is an attainable goal with all the vaccine-hesitant.

All teens and adults who want to get vaccinated will be able to do so by early June.

This is assuming Astrazeneca never gets used in the U.S., which it almost certainly won't.

trr1

this Just in
www.nytimes.com

Vaccinated Americans now may go without masks in most places, the C.D.C. said.

Fully vaccinated people only need to wear masks in health care settings, on mass transit and in transportation hubs, and in prisons and homeless shelters.
www.nytimes.com
www.nytimes.com

Vaccinated Americans now may go without masks in most places, the C.D.C. said.​

COVID-19 Vaccination

COVID-19 vaccines protect against COVID-19. Get safety info and more.
www.cdc.gov
www.cdc.gov
  • If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
  • Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
  • If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, find a vaccine.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Several NY Yankees that had been vaccinated with J&J ( approx 72% effectiveness ) have recently tested positive for covid . I'm glad I got my Moderna shots instead!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Several NY Yankees that had been vaccinated with J&J ( approx 72% effectiveness ) have recently tested positive for covid . I'm glad I got my Moderna shots instead!

The vaccines, despite being called "immunizations" don't actually immunize one from being infected with the virus 100%. You still get infected again. Only with the vaccine, your body is already primed to fight off the infection such that you may never notice you were infected, or, at the least, you get only mild symptoms as your body fights it off.

We hear about a lot of post-vaccine infections from people who are being regularly tested, even if vaccinated, such as for health care workers and athletes.

And we know that those who are in the process of a post-vaccine infection are only very slightly contagious.

This is the same if you catch a cold and then develop 'natural immunity' to that particular strain of the cold. You can still catch it again, only the symptoms will be very mild or non-existent since you're immune system already learned how to fight it off.

In short: even if you got the slightly more effect PFZ or MOD vaccine, you can still get infected and test positive even though most of the time, you aren't aware of the infection that can't really get a foothold on you because of the vaccine.

ToTBellHop

Pfizer’s Phase 2/3 study for ages 5-11.9 is fully-enrolled. Dosage has been determined by the completed Phase 1 in this age group.

Pfizer’s Phase 1 study for children 6 months to 4.9 years of age is also fully enrolled and has begun to determine dosage.

When the age 12-15 study was fully enrolled, it took a further 4 months to get the EUA. So we are likely looking at interim data for 5-11 in late July, full data August with EUA application by Labor Day. It seems to take a further month for approval. Shots in arms by October.

0.5-4.9 is probably going into arms toward Christmas. 6 months to 1.9 will be the last.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom