Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

HouCuseChickie

Husband got his second dose of Moderna on Tuesday. He had next to no side effects or reactions. So, I guess I was just the lucky one :rolleyes:

I really hope they greenlight Pfizer for 12-15 soon. More space opened up for our kids in the local Moderna study, but at this stage of the game, I don't want to risk one of them getting the placebo when they could get the real Pfizer soon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s bizarre. Vaccination rates are falling. We’ve been at ages 16+ for 10 days (or more). We have the capacity to bring in younger teens and 12-year olds. It would likely increase overall vaccination rates at least a few percentage points. Let’s go!
By early May...

ToTBellHop

Via CNN

A July 1 Covid-19 reopening plan — like one set out by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Thursday, which targets reopening “100%” by then — is a “reasonable target” given falling cases and rising vaccination rates, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director said Friday.

“We are focused on getting people vaccinated, decreasing the case rates,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a White House Covid-19 press briefing. “If we can continue at this pace, case rates are coming down, vaccinations going up, then I think July one would be a reasonable target.”
But Walensky was cautious about making specific predictions about what reopening could look like, saying “the virus has tricked us before.”

“We’ve had three updated guidances of what you can do if you’re fully vaccinated and we look forward to more as more and more people get vaccinated,” she said. “This virus has tricked us before. So I would like to sort of watch and see how it goes before making further estimations of what happens in a couple of months.”

Weather_Lady

What is taking so long getting Pfizer approved down to age 12? They have solid data. Strike while the iron is hot!
I agree. I'd love to have my kids (who will turn 13 and 15 within a few weeks) vaccinated before we hit the road for a little traveling this summer. I understand the need for caution, but as you note, the Pfizer studies were pretty conclusive.

Last edited:

MotherofaPrincessLover

I agree. I'd love to have my kids (who will turn 13 and 15 within a few weeks) vaccinated before we hit the road for a little traveling this summer. I understand the need for caution, but as you note, the Pfizer studies were conclusive.
My kids are 5 and 11 so I need vaccines approved down to that age. It will just be such a relief when my family is vaccinated.

LovePop

Me, husband, son20 got vaccinated last week with J&J. Was going to do it later after summer when I figured that the crowd will thin out a bit, being the government will have some 500 million shots to give out, but recently found out that my local vaccine site is already down to no line. So I called and ordered specifically the J&J for convenience of 1 shot deal. I felt nothing afterwards, but husband and son both got pretty sick the following day: fever, chills, headache, dizziness, hurt arm. The next day, they both mostly recovered. I thought I read that it's mostly women who gets sick from it. So, I lucked out.

HouCuseChickie

This article is suggesting approval by next week. I hope!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

See?!?... Health care workers *are* heroes!!

ToTBellHop

Thank goodness. Time to move on to the young’ns.

Heppenheimer

I hope it happens this week... but I'd like a little more solid information. All of these news blurbs quote the New York Times, but they don't provide a source. And the FDA's officially published schedule does not have an approval meeting on their agenda yet.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I hope it happens this week... but I'd like a little more solid information. All of these news blurbs quote the New York Times, but they don't provide a source. And the FDA's officially published schedule does not have an approval meeting on their agenda yet.
Isn't "according to federal officials familiar with the agency’s plans" good enough? ;)

And a named source...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom