Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shouldigo12

I just sat down with him and had an adult conversation with him and asked him to leave politics out of it and tell me every concern he has about the vaccine. Turns out that he is hearing a lot of issues with Moderna and the J&J vaccines so he was just scared. After talking with him about it he is going to go get the same Pfizer vaccine the rest of us got tomorrow. :)

the office television GIF
Awesome! Sounds like he was just using peer pressure to cover up his own concerns, then. Glad you guys were able to take it out!

G00fyDad

Just got home from getting my first shot of the Moderna vaccine, hopefully won't have to bad side effects.

When I got the Pfizer vaccine first shot I got sick afterward. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that that was quite probably due to a point where I had contracted covid but didn't experience many side effects from it. I do remember a point in December where I got really run down and felt like I had the flu for about a week but I just assumed it was just that, I had the flu. My doctor said that I probably had covid and not the flu. Then with my second shot I hardly felt anything.

ToTBellHop

Here's what it looks like with J&J....

1618335756409.png

And without J&J...

View attachment 548339
I’d be shocked if they abandon the JnJ vaccine. Most likely, they will learn certain groups should avoid it, perhaps those at increased risk of blood clot (eg smokers, pregnant or post-partum women, women on birth control, etc) but not others. I certainly see no reason to not give it to my 8-year old sons if it is available to them.

I’m eager to see the Novavax vaccine come forward since it is a completely different vaccine type. Perhaps adenovirus viral vector vaccines (AZ, JnJ) just aren’t the best candidates for this virus.

StarWarsGirl

I just need to rant...

I just got off of a meeting with the entire company and the leadership team. The leadership team was in a room together answering questions. They were sitting less than six feet apart and not one of them had a mask on. Then they told us how they can't wait to welcome everyone back to the office. Yeah, they inspire such confidence when NONE OF THEM HAVE MASKS ON. And then "Hope you're getting on that" regarding our vaccines. Seriously? I personally can't even get a vaccine right now. So, so ridiculous.

G00fyDad

I just need to rant...

I just got off of a meeting with the entire company and the leadership team. The leadership team was in a room together answering questions. They were sitting less than six feet apart and not one of them had a mask on. Then they told us how they can't wait to welcome everyone back to the office. Yeah, they inspire such confidence when NONE OF THEM HAVE MASKS ON. And then "Hope you're getting on that" regarding our vaccines. Seriously? I personally can't even get a vaccine right now. So, so ridiculous.

Gov. Holcomb relaxed the mask protocols here in Indiana on 4/6 and my brother's employer removed the requirement at his work. He said that he and only two or three other people still wear them and the others there poke fun at them for it.

ImperfectPixie

If anyone in MA is having a hard time finding an appointment to be vaccinated, I HIGHLY suggest pre-registering on the Mass dot gov website...they'll text you when you can book and you get to choose your appointment.

I just booked hubby and I for the pfizer vaccine first dose on Tuesday about 20 minutes from our house (I was afraid we'd have to drive over an hour to Boston).

Shouldigo12

For anyone who still needs one or more shots- don't sit in your hot car without the air conditioning running for twenty minutes before you go in. They almost sent me home without my second shot because I did this and shot my temperature up too high.

ToTBellHop

While not surprising, I’m still happy to see the timeline for kids to become eligible for vaccine move up to the end of this year, if not earlier.

“I think by the time we get to the first quarter of 2022, we’ll be able to vaccinate children of virtually any age, hopefully before then, but I think that’s going to be the latest we’ll see it,” [Dr. Fauci] told CNN.

I interpret that as 6 months of age and higher by 12/31/21. He tends to play it safe, so I imagine he is actually thinking sometime in the fall.

Angel Ariel

While not surprising, I’m still happy to see the timeline for kids to become eligible for vaccine move up to the end of this year, if not earlier.

“I think by the time we get to the first quarter of 2022, we’ll be able to vaccinate children of virtually any age, hopefully before then, but I think that’s going to be the latest we’ll see it,” [Dr. Fauci] told CNN.

I interpret that as 6 months of age and higher by 12/31/21. He tends to play it safe, so I imagine he is actually thinking sometime in the fall.
Lord, I hope so...Fall would be amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom