COVID-19

Ponderer

I'm glad this thread provides me the opportunity to understand who is not worth the time to have conversations with.

Meanwhile, new polling today (this is going to be everyday for the next 40-ish days):

View attachment 500072
View attachment 500073

No big surprises. If GA flips, that would be crazy. TX is going to be close and it looks like Iowa will stay with Trump in November (not totally surprised).

Also, apparently SurveyMonkey is doing polling? That was interesting.

Most interesting non-presidential recent poll - Mike Espy is within *1* in Mississippi. With Amy McGrath looking like a long shot in KY, it might be real smart for Dems to start pouring money in for a real pickup opportunity in the Senate.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Advertisement
That's exactly right. As someone who worked in the food service industry and put out No Shoes No Shirt No Service signs for owners many decades ago, it stops being an issue of disrespect for customers and an issue of trying to protect other customers. Because a huge percentage of customers are publicly, showily AWFUL, they're trying to make some point - and if you can deflate them at the door without a person-to-person confrontation, it's a far more positive experience for people who want to obey the rules.

Also, I mean...restaurants and food service establishments have been the snarkiest places on earth certainly since before I was born. :)

Most interesting non-presidential recent poll - Mike Espy is within *1* in Mississippi. With Amy McGrath looking like a long shot in KY, it might be real smart for Dems to start pouring money in for a real pickup opportunity in the Senate.

Yeah, that's bonkers to me. McGrath is a very long shot. I hope people realize money needs to go to actual competitive races and not towards someone that won't get voted in, no matter the disdain for McConnell.

Wendy Pleakley

I have a great deal of respect for others, but I'm offended by the attitude the sign conveys. I follow all the rules at WDW too, but I would be disappointed if they changed their slogan to "The Most Regulated Place on Earth." I think a business would want to convey a more positive image to potential customers, especially in times as trying as these.

Asking people nicely to follow the rules hasn't always worked. Of course, I imagine those people opposed to wearing a mask won't react well to a nice message or this harsher one.

Personally, I'm over trying to use reason to appeal to the fools who continue to put their so-called "rights" ahead of the common good. They don't deserve to be treated with kid gloves.

Chi84

Premium Member
Asking people nicely to follow the rules hasn't always worked. Of course, I imagine those people opposed to wearing a mask won't react well to a nice message or this harsher one.

Personally, I'm over trying to use reason to appeal to the fools who continue to put their so-called "rights" ahead of the common good. They don't deserve to be treated with kid gloves.
I agree, but make sure the people you’re dealing with are unreasonable before bringing down the hammer. There’s no need for such a rude sign on the door and you won’t see such a sign used by any professional business.

Tony Perkis

I agree, but make sure the people you’re dealing with are unreasonable before bringing down the hammer. There’s no need for such a rude sign on the door and you won’t see such a sign used by any professional business.
But if someone is offended by that sign, there’s some indication that the offended party knows that their the ones being warned.

Chi84

Premium Member
But if someone is offended by that sign, there’s some indication that the offended party knows that their the ones being warned.
To each his own, but I prefer to be treated with a certain amount of politeness and respect unless and until I do something to indicate I don’t deserve it.

Wendy Pleakley

The notion of displaying such a sign is definitely more of a fantasy, but speaking as someone who has no problem with masks and rules, I'd be quite aware the sign is not directed at me and would not be offended by it at all.

Chi84

Premium Member
The notion of displaying such a sign is definitely more of a fantasy, but speaking as someone who has no problem with masks and rules, I'd be quite aware the sign is not directed at me and would not be offended by it at all.
I'm a bit more sensitive. Of course, the way some people here (not directed at you) toss around the terms "idiot," "stupid," and "uninformed," I think maybe some folks just have a higher threshold for what is considered rude.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
I'm a bit more sensitive. Of course, the way some people here (not directed at you) toss around the terms "idiot," "stupid," and "uninformed," I think maybe some folks just have a higher threshold for what is considered rude.

I agree those terms are indeed rude and not necessary, but intended to insult....and I too feel offended when those are over used....especially when directed at another poster.:confused:

Lilofan

A Logan OH mother was arrested for criminal trespassing for refusing to leave an event. The ignorant lady refused to put on a mask as required to attend the event. She was then tased prior to being arrested. Thank you law enforcement in getting her out!

Ponderer

For all we know, they've been dealing with multiple people per day who don't want to follow the rules.

Yeah, from my experience, the sign isn't the first attempt to deal with this sort of stuff - especially when you have an establishment with a small staff that's kept busy just trying to do the basics.

figmentfan423

Ah man, I'm just hoping we all survive to Election Day at this point.

DeSantis thinks the right to party is essential. i have more than reservations about the right to party https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/gov-desantis-proposes-college-bill-of-rights-to-party-in-florida/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom