[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

jme

Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information​

April 6, 2021

US Departures through June 2021 are Suspended

We are carefully reviewing the recently released guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we are cancelling all Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder sailings departing through June 2021.

Disney Magic European Season

We have canceled Disney Magic sailings through September 18, 2021. The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More

Canada Departures

In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we continue to evaluate various options for the Disney Wonder’s scheduled season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has canceled sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests booked on affected sailings, who have paid their reservation in full, will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests, who have not paid their reservations in full, will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Governor just signed an Executive Order barring the use of “Vaccine Passports” in Florida. The CDC says you can travel domestically and Internationally if you’re fully vaccinated. These two things conflict.
Apples and Oranges. The CDC is only providing guidance with no enforcement power. You can and always have been able travel domestically within the US regardless of vaccination status. The CDC guidance allows states that still have quarantine requirements (mandatory or voluntary) to come into uniform compliance. (As well as for international travel)

International travel is still restricted to only specific groups of people because the borders are still closed. Has nothing to do with the CDC directly.

Government imposed Vaccine Passports are not enforceable and likely unconstitutional, that is why you see little effort to push for them at the state and federal level. Additionally many travel related industries, especially the airlines, have come out against this.

While a novel idea, vaccine passports create a serious issue with regards to discrimination against people not willing or not able to take the vaccine. Can you legally deny services to someone who hasn't gotten the jab?

monothingie

Premium Member

Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information​

April 6, 2021

We are carefully reviewing the recently released guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we are cancelling all Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder sailings departing through June 2021.

We have canceled Disney Magic sailings through September 18, 2021. The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More

Canada Departures

In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we continue to evaluate various options for the Disney Wonder’s scheduled season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has canceled sailings longer than 7 nights.

Guests booked on affected sailings, who have paid their reservation in full, will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests, who have not paid their reservations in full, will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

Honestly at this point, DCL should layout an opening timeline. Royal, NCL, Princess, Celebrity have already taken steps to say when they're starting up again. The only thing DCL is good at is telling you 2 months out of what they're canceling.

If they know they aren't going to start sailing again until October, just say it. Don't drag people along on month to month expectations.

monothingie

Premium Member
Of course. My right to life outweighs your right to a vacation.
That's a lazy argument. Not all travel is leisure and not all denied services are inconsequential.

Can you be denied access to a retail store, or your place of work because you don't have a vaccine passport?
What if you can't get one for religious or medical reasons? Do you become a second class citizen?

It's a complicated topic, and it's probably a non-starter, at least in the US, because you see little willingness on both sides to implement this. Most likely it will also be irrelevant in a couple of months after more people are vaccinated.

Tony the Tigger

Can you be denied access to a retail store, or your place of work because you don't have a vaccine passport?
What if you can't get one for religious or medical reasons? Do you become a second class citizen?

It's a complicated topic, and it's probably a non-starter, at least in the US, because you see little willingness on both sides to implement this. Most likely it will also be irrelevant in a couple of months after more people are vaccinated.
Not that complicated. If I own a business (I do) the health of my employees and myself are more important than a spoiled person who doesn’t understand grown-up things and wants to get their own way.

I can refuse service anytime. I can call the police and have someone removed for any reason or no reason at all. Likewise, I can fire someone for no reason at all in a right to work state.

If you come in today without a mask, you are refused service.

At the moment, for me, it makes no sense to require a vaccine, but once masks go away, it will. I can’t live with myself accidentally killing an employee or a customer, but I can live with inconveniencing someone.

And I have almost enough Disney points to take DCL 3-4 day Caribbean trip for free, but I’m not boarding if they can’t tell me everyone is vaccinated (and even that’s not a complete guarantee.)

Some things are more important than others.

monothingie

Premium Member
Not that complicated. If I own a business (I do) the health of my employees and myself are more important than a spoiled person who doesn’t understand grown-up things and wants to get their own way.

I can refuse service anytime. I can call the police and have someone removed for any reason or no reason at all. Likewise, I can fire someone for no reason at all in a right to work state.

If you come in today without a mask, you are refused service.

At the moment, for me, it makes no sense to require a vaccine, but once masks go away, it will. I can’t live with myself accidentally killing an employee or a customer, but I can live with inconveniencing someone.

And I have almost enough Disney points to take DCL 3-4 day Caribbean trip for free, but I’m not boarding if they can’t tell me everyone is vaccinated (and even that’s not a complete guarantee.)

Some things are more important than others.
Since you have your own business, would you fire one of your employees because they have health or religious reasons for not taking the vaccine? Would you refuse service to customer for similar reasons?

It really is irrelevant because it's not going anywhere since there is little appetite to implement these vaccine passports, and seemingly a lot of momentum to strike them down.

Tony the Tigger

Since you have your own business, would you fire one of your employees because they have health or religious reasons for not taking the vaccine? Would you refuse service to customer for similar reasons?

It really is irrelevant because it's not going anywhere since there is little appetite to implement these vaccine passports, and seemingly a lot of momentum to strike them down.
I will cross that bridge when I come to it, up to and including closing my business.

A religious objection or a health reason in this instance doesn’t make you any less contagious.

aliceismad

While a novel idea, vaccine passports create a serious issue with regards to discrimination against people not willing or not able to take the vaccine. Can you legally deny services to someone who hasn't gotten the jab?
Royal Caribbean is requiring proof of vaccination for adults to sail on its cruises this summer. Whether that will fly in the U.S. is unknown. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/...-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

ETA: Although some areas (e.g., Hawaii) have instituted as requirement for a negative covid test. Perhaps that's an option for cruisers who can't/refuse to get vaccinated. However, that wouldn't mean they couldn't get covid while on their cruise. I think the problem is that if someone gets it on the cruise ship, there may be problems with ports allowing that ship to dock. I haven't heard the Florida governor say that he'll guarantee a ship can still return to the state if there are ill people on board.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Whether that will fly in the U.S. is unknown.
Silly. Boats don’t fly!

4484B95B-B29B-453A-932D-E81433E160CD.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information

April 15, 2021

We are carefully reviewing the most recently released guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we are cancelling all Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder sailings departing through June 2021.

We have canceled Disney Magic sailings through October 9, 2021. The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More

Canada Departures

jme

We have canceled Disney Magic sailings through October 9, 2021. The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More
Took me a minute to spot the difference. This was the change - was through September 18, 2021.
They are still not announcing the cancellation of the UK Magic at Sea voyages yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information

April 15, 2021

We are carefully reviewing the most recently released guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we are cancelling all Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder sailings departing through June 2021.

Canada Departures

Some are making the United States' CDC the villain in all this. But here we see that Canada and the European Union are more strict. And they're also waiting on the UK for the OK to sail.

Unlike the shade Disney threw on the California administration, for delaying the opening of Disneyland, Disney suits have been talking hopefully in working with the CDC in constructive ways (tho, Carnival has not).

DCBaker

Premium Member
"May 14, 2021

US Departures Through July 2021 Are Suspended

We continue to work closely with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to carefully review and implement their recently released guidance and refine our protocols for a responsible and gradual return to service in U.S. waters. Given the ongoing nature of these discussions and the time needed to staff and prepare our ships, we are cancelling all Disney Wonder sailings through July 12, 2021, as well as Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy sailings through July 31, 2021.

Disney Magic Sailings

The Disney Magic will set sail in the United Kingdom for a limited time this summer on short voyages limited to UK residents, pending the issuance of UK Government guidelines and authorizations. Learn More

Canada Departures

In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we continue to evaluate various options for the Disney Wonder’s remaining season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings.

Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom