[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

Indy_UK

My friend is a type of deputy captain on the magic. She’s told me yesterday she’s currently in quarantine in Dover for 2 weeks. No infections just precaution but on Saturday when the two weeks end they aren’t sure what’s happening.

I can’t see the magic staying docked there until September

Maelstrom Troll

My friend is a type of deputy captain on the magic. She’s told me yesterday she’s currently in quarantine in Dover for 2 weeks. No infections just precaution but on Saturday when the two weeks end they aren’t sure what’s happening.

Interesting news for sure.... but I agree I doubt they’ll stay there til the fall.

Miss Bella

DCL doesn’t tell them anything either.

Indy_UK

I really don’t know what to do. As I mentioned, our 5 night from Dover is booked for September 13th.

Virgin cruise holidays contacted us to say that we are due to pay up the rest of the within 2 weeks.

Apparently the cruise is scheduled to go ahead but they are offering people move the deposit to another holiday without fees but then I’m looking a year away for an equivalent cruise.

I’m worried that even if it did happen, the fun will be taken away by limitations and social distancing

Surfin' Tuna

This will also apply to "leaf peeping" Canada sailings from NYC and Boston in the Fall.
As predicted by Chuck, Canada has now banned all cruise ships (bigger than 100 passengers) from their waters through October 31st. This is a real bummer, since a short cruise close to home would be a good way to dip our toes back in the water.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of Departures from Europe through October 2, 2020, Departures from Canada through September 14, 2020, and Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy Departures through July 27, 2020

Indy_UK

So Disney went ahead and cancelled our cruise as predicted.

They are offering 125% credit towards another cruise but is that on top of whats already been paid which for us is £1000 or the value of the whole cruise which is £2500 once fully paid?

I cant figure out how it works?

Last edited:

RememberWhen

They are offering 125% credit towards another cruise but is that on top of whats already been paid which for us is £1000 or the value of the whole cruise which is £2500 once fully paid?
When our cruise was canceled we had passed the paid in full day. We got 125% of the paid in full cost. I had thought, though I don’t have any backup, that they are offering the credit for the full cost if it’s paid in full. Otherwise refunding. Did you book through Disney or a TA?

Indy_UK

We paid through virgin holidays. They haven’t contacted us yet about the booking. Just the email from Disney.

When it says 125% credit I really don’t get what that means. The cost of the original cruise in full plus 25% towards another cruise or 25% of onboard credit?

We’ve paid £1000 so far and the rest is due this sunday

So confused

RememberWhen

We paid through virgin holidays. They haven’t contacted us yet about the booking. Just the email from Disney.

When it says 125% credit I really don’t get what that means. The cost of the original cruise in full plus 25% towards another cruise or 25% of onboard credit?

We’ve paid £1000 so far and the rest is due this sunday

So confused
I really don’t know in your situation. Have you contacted Virgin?
For ours, if the full cruise cost was $1000, we got a credit for $1250 for a new cruise. Our TA had no problem accessing the future cruise credit and applied it toward our new cruise. But we had already paid the full price.

Indy_UK

Hopefully that will be the case for us. The issue I have is that virgin won’t speak to anyone unless they are 72 hours or less before travelling and the full balance is due this week.

lostpro9het

I cant figure out how it works?
How it works on this side of the pond is this:
If DCL cancels the cruise AND you are PIF then you get 125% FCC credit to be used later. The 125% is based on what you are PIF for less port fees and taxes on the cruise that was canceled. You will receive a refund on port fees and taxes separately. Again, how it works on this side, if you are not PIF then you will just receive a refund of what you paid so far and no FCC.

Indy_UK

Thanks for that clarification. I'm guessing then that if my PIF Due date is this Sunday then i should carry on and pay it in full in order to be entitled to the 125%

Indy_UK

We've decided to not travel at all or take Disney's offer.

Virgin have been disgraceful so we've put a request in for our £1K. We also had £100 outstanding with the original WDW Holiday that we've requested a refund on. We are just going to put it aside and keep saving. Maybe try again in 2022

ChuckElias

Carnival has now cancelled ALL sailings through September 30. :( This came to travel agents today:

Dear Travel Advisor:

You are likely aware that the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has announced an extension in the pause of North American cruise operations. Consequently, we have cancelled all cruises through September 30, 2020. Please see the booking numbers for your impacted clients below.

We’ve provided details of the changes and specific offers available to these clients’ bookings below. Please review this information and share it with your clients. We will also be sending a copy of this information to your clients directly to assist our travel advisors so that our guests are notified as quickly as possible.

As we have done throughout this unprecedented time in our industry, we are protecting the commission on all bookings paid in full. We must also reiterate that we need your assistance to work with your clients to follow the automated process to request either the value offer of a future cruise credit (FCC) combined with an onboard credit (OBC) or a full refund. Our contact center team continues to work from home as local government restrictions remain in place, so our productivity remains impacted.

We continue to appreciate all that our travel advisors are doing to support your clients and Carnival during these unusual times.

EOD K9

How can can these cruise lines survive ships still have to be maintained
I can only think that maybe because there are less guests, less wear and tear inside. If they aren’t running their full routes, the same may be true. They need to be maintained, but lack of use may not make it as bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom