[COVID-19] DCL Sailings Canceled

Miss Bella

Personally I would be more worried that someone else on the ship gets very ill, everybody gets restricted to cabins, and then when it's time to go to port- the port says, "OH NO, you aren't getting off here!" That's happened many times in the past few months, and I would not be surprised if it happens again.
Yes, but it's not permanent. This will end. Cruises currently aren't sailing so debating whether we should cruise or not is a moot point. Hopefully, sometime this year we'll be able to cruise again.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Well, my cruise is now cancelled.

1589382590706.png

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Are you going to cancel or move it? I moved my August cruise yesterday to next year. The PIF date was coming up, but I paid in full back in February. I still may cancel and rebook it's a lot of money to keep tied up for over a year.

The 125% credit is enticing. I will have to take a look at what's available and when.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
That notice doesn’t mention the 125%. Are they still doing it or was that a limited offer? For us, we lose the two year window for the onboard discount unless they are willing to extend that.

While I haven't received anything official yet. I did see on Facebook that someone posted an email they received from their travel agent saying guests could choose between a 125% credit to be used on future cruises within 15 months, or a full refund.

Phonedave

Well, my cruise is now cancelled.

View attachment 470242

It's not a DCL cruise, but a Celebrity cruise - mine is still on for now - July 26 (The CDC restriction is until July 24 - DCL went a few days further it seems)

It really looks like it's not going to happen. Celebrity is giving up to 48 hours before departure to cancel with either 100% cash back, or 125% to a future cruise. We have already decided that we will be rebooking with the 125% credit if it comes to that.

ThatMouse

Princess was giving 150% credit, although their cruises are much cheaper than Disney so maybe it's works out to be the same lol!

ToTBellHop

Reached out to a “friend”. The plan for initial roll-out will be short cruises from just Canaveral, dropping Nassau if necessary. So it may be just Dream starting August 1 and then those short Fantasy sailings during Dream’s drydock. I would not plan on 7-night Fantasy sailings or much of anything from the West Coast or NYC until much later.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Reached out to a “friend”. The plan for initial roll-out will be short cruises from just Canaveral, dropping Nassau if necessary. So it may be just Dream starting August 1 and then those short Fantasy sailings during Dream’s drydock. I would not plan on 7-night Fantasy sailings or much of anything from the West Coast or NYC until much later.

interesting. Many of us around here have a 5 nighter booked in September that stops in Cozumel and castaway. I guess we will see.

ToTBellHop

interesting. Many of us around here have a 5 nighter booked in September that stops in Cozumel and castaway. I guess we will see.
The initial contingency is to call at Castaway only. Personally, I would be pleased as punch with an extra stop at Castaway or a day at sea. It’s viewed as a far safer way to prevent illness developing and a ship getting denied disembarkation, which surveys suggest are the major concerns of guests.

Each stop in a true port welcomes disease.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The initial contingency is to call at Castaway only. Personally, I would be pleased as punch with an extra stop at Castaway or a day at sea. It’s viewed as a far safer way to prevent illness developing and a ship getting denied disembarkation, which surveys suggest are the major concerns of guests.

Hah. Was thinking the same thing. If they still sail but cut Cozumel and give us an extra castaway day, I wouldn’t complain.

Phonedave

Each stop in a true port welcomes disease.

That is one of the reason we think out Celebrity cruise will not happen. It is a 7 night cruise, but 3 days are docked in Bermuda. For us it is really like a cruise / Bermuda vacation combo. If Bermuda is off limits, that changes the whole dynamic of the cruise.

For a DCL cruise, I would prefer to go to CC twice instead of going to Nassau.

Miss Bella

I noticed they removed all the European sailings from the website. I already moved mine to next year a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense to start out with short cruises. I think that's is what some of the other cruiselines are going to do.
I'd be ok with a couple of B2B cruises with stops at castaway.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I noticed they removed all the European sailings from the website. I already moved mine to next year a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense to start out with short cruises. I think that's is what some of the other cruiselines are going to do.
I'd be ok with a couple of B2B cruises with stops at castaway.
Disney Magic currently on route to Dover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom