Country Bears DVD

The Hurricane

Original Poster
Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Comin' Through!

One of the strangest films to come along in many a year, if you want a really trippy experience, check out Disney's The Country Bears when it makes its DVD debut on 12/17. Presented in full frame only, extras include a featurette, deleted footage, two interactive games, a music video, trailers, and additional ROM extras. Retail is $29.95.

Credit goes to DVDFile.com

Attachments

• countrybears.jpg
    countrybears.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 141

Monorail Lime

Full frame only? THIRTY BUCKS?!

That's pretty crappy for a movie of that... uhh... "quality". If Disney were to pay ME thirty bucks I MIGHT let it into my house, otherwise I'll be passing this one up!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
what a waste of...

whatever that plastic is that DVD's are made of

The Hurricane

Original Poster
In more Buena Vista news, there's going to be even more fun to be had on that 12/17 release of The Country Bears, which will also included an audio commentary with director and stars "Ned and Jeb" in addition to the previously announced extras. The disc will still be full frame only, and list is $29.95.

dvdfile.com

orlpassholder

This movie was SOOOOO BAD (like none of us knew that it wasnt) they should give it away free when you buy Lilo n Stitch or Beauty and The Beast

Sometimes movie executives get little ideas for movies, and you sit back, and think HOW DID YOU GET THIS JOB!!!!!!

MicBat

A lot of times, the retail of movies is $29.99. I saw that movie, but I was dragged to it! It wasn't quite as horrible as I thought it would be, but it was pretty bad. Ever been into Suncoast and saw how much they sell the Disney DVD's for?! Most of them are $29.99!

blm07

I think there was just so much bad hype for this movie, that when people go to see it, they automatically think that its bad (and people who haven't even seen it, can't say anything). But I saw this movie and it really wasn't bad. In fact I enjoyed it. Some parts are kinda stupid, but I liked it. I thought Big Al was great! That guy is funny. Anyway, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is still $24 without any extras at all, which I think is too much. $30 is still alot though.

General Grizz

Maybe they might have some CBJ footage in there...

HA!

But it is nice to see kids (especially at the CBJ)...who mention the film. This 4 year old (about) African American boy was pulling at his mother's dress saying "I TOLD you there was a Country Bear Hall"! :)

The Hurricane

Original Poster
Originally posted by blm07
Anyway, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is still $24 without any extras at all, which I think is too much. $30 is still alot though.

Just wait for the Vista Series Roger Rabbit coming out next year. By the way, $30 is just the suggested price, you can find it for about $17 when it comes out.

blm07

Originally posted by The Hurricane

Just wait for the Vista Series Roger Rabbit coming out next year. By the way, $30 is just the suggested price, you can find it for about $17 when it comes out.

Ohhh Vista Series? What is this all about? I would love to see the behind the scenes of that movie, all I can remember from behind the scenes is a few photos in this food place in MGM.

The Hurricane

Original Poster
Roger Rabbit

As Who Framed Roger Rabbit? fans are painfully aware, after news surfaced late last year that Disney was finally beginning work on a long-in-coming Vista Series special edition of the Robert Zemeckis blockbuster, the anticipation began...and so did the wait. Months later, and with still no such release in sight, what's up with this forever in-development, highly sought-after release?

Sources say that after much jockey for the job among the leading industry production outfits, the project fell into "development hell," or at least until now. According to Video Premieres Magazine, the set is finally back on track for a 2003 release, with Disney giving the job to longtime Spielberg producer Laurent Bouzereau. Video Premieres also reports that B1 Media will be handling the extensive menu and authoring chores, and the set is still slated to receive the Vista Series two-disc treatment. Stay tuned!

dvdfile.com

It looks like another of the delayed titles that have achieved infamy in their absence is finally making its way to DVD in 2003. Who Framed Roger Rabbit has been given the green light from Buena Vista Home Entertainment for a special edition.
News at this time is as scarce as an animated bunny in a Dip factory, but plenty of extras including the shorts Tummy Trouble, Trail Mix-Up and Rollercoaster Rabbit are being examined for release. As the release grows closer, the question on everyone’s mind will likely be how altered the disc presentation will be from the original theatrical version since most video releases have had minor edits throughout the years. Al we know now is that a great deal of care is being put into the title, even going so far as to animate new backgrounds for the menu screens. Any new info will be posted here when it arrives.

dvdreview.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom