Country Bear Jamboree Updates?

UNCgolf

Maybe they just enjoy the things you dislike about it.

It’s a classic, it’s entertaining, it remains incredibly popular and any controversial elements can be changed quite easily without necessitating anything drastic like an overhaul.

I’m all for a new attraction in Adventureland though, if the expansion pad is still available.

Sure, but I'm just giving my opinion -- one which I know is unpopular here. It's the only classic Disney attraction that I just don't get; I think it made sense when it was built in Disneyland and still made sense in Orlando through the 70s and maybe 80s, but once Animal Kingdom was built it lost its purpose (especially considering it was originally built to be a realistic documentary ride; not one full of jokes). If they demolished it, they could use it and the expansion pad to add multiple attractions and possibly a restaurant too. But as I said elsewhere, they're about to release a Jungle Cruise movie. Unless it's a massive flop, the ride isn't going anywhere -- it will just be updated to add some scenes/characters from the film.

The one in Disneyland should stay, though.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Advertisement
COP is showing how white families been living in luxury for generations with nice amenities, while minorities where oppressed and lived in poor conditions. A big part of the show is pre 60 and it wasn't until those years that minorities where able to go to school and some universities. I have a few African American friends and they all tell me the same story of how their parents and grandparents don't even know how to read or write because in rural America they couldn't go to school.
Sounds like the last place minorities should want to go is a place where Walt Disney's name is attached to it, since he helmed so many of these racist projects, eh?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
It hasn’t even been a full year since this happened and Disney’s “recommitment” to letting the bears stay...
View attachment 479232

Yes, that shot down Unscrupolous's breaking news that CBJ and Tiki were going away. However, it was carefully crafted to allow for changes to CBJ. "It's not going away (but it may change in some ways)!"

CBJ and Tiki Room were both proposed for a refresh for the 50th. Wayyy before current events.

You cued us into that last June! Thanks...

Thank you.

I’d still be quite surprised if neither venue saw no changes in the near future.

Now that current events are pushing Disney to move on things they may not have wanted to do just yet, does this mean the previous plans for a more extensive Frontierland is back on the table?

Oskar

Sure, but I'm just giving my opinion -- one which I know is unpopular here. It's the only classic Disney attraction that I just don't get; I think it made sense when it was built in Disneyland and still made sense in Orlando through the 70s and maybe 80s, but once Animal Kingdom was built it lost its purpose (especially considering it was originally built to be a realistic documentary ride; not one full of jokes). If they demolished it, they could use it and the expansion pad to add multiple attractions and possibly a restaurant too. But as I said elsewhere, they're about to release a Jungle Cruise movie. Unless it's a massive flop, the ride isn't going anywhere -- it will just be updated to add some scenes/characters from the film.

The one in Disneyland should stay, though.

Fair enough, if we all held the same viewpoint this place would be very boring.

I do understand the DAK argument, I really hadn't thought of it from that perspective before, but for me The Jungle Cruise is just the perfect encapsulation of what Adventureland is and should be, though I accept that a scene or two might need to be adapted to 21st century social sensibilities in the coming months. The area has always needed an E-Ticket IMO, preferably one like in Disneyland that could incorporate Jungle Cruise and add a new element to the attraction.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Now that current events are pushing Disney to move on things they may not have wanted to do just yet, does this mean the previous plans for a more extensive Frontierland is back on the table?
I’d hazard that's the last thing on their mind at the moment. But I’ve been wrong before.

Jwhee

COP is showing how white families been living in luxury for generations with nice amenities, while minorities where oppressed and lived in poor conditions. A big part of the show is pre 60 and it wasn't until those years that minorities where able to go to school and some universities. I have a few African American friends and they all tell me the same story of how their parents and grandparents don't even know how to read or write because in rural America they couldn't go to school.
Slave owners.

Let’s just remove all the slave owners? What a joke. Yes, slavery was horrible; but this is next level erasing of history.

co10064

This isn’t a result of the petition
I call BS. While I do believe Disney *might* have had Blue Sky plans to re-theme Splash Mountain, (like they *might* have Blue Sky plans to re-theme practically every other attraction at WDW... see RNRC, ToT, PeopleMover, etc.) I refuse to believe this was an ACTIVE plan prior to the events that have occurred over the previous months and the petition circulating online. Sorry.

peter11435

I call BS. While I do believe Disney *might* have had Blue Sky plans to re-theme Splash Mountain, (like they *might* have Blue Sky plans to re-theme practically every other attraction at WDW... see RNRC, ToT, PeopleMover, etc.) I refuse to believe this was an ACTIVE plan prior to the events that have occurred over the previous months and the petition circulating online. Sorry.
The petition was two weeks ago.

There were petitions to leave splash mountain alone that had far more signatures.

britain

Not sure why my new thread about the rumored multi-racial Haunted Mansion revision got taken out of Rumors and put into General Discussion, but here it is:

Tease: It could actually be AWESOME.

Donaldfan1934

You're not seeing an uproar whatsoever. Nobody wants to be called a racist, and thus any attempts to protect classics and wholesome attractions is subdued.
Cast managers dealing with phone calls right now disagree. And they weren't given a script for how to respond.
So, which is it? I can buy some people aren’t speaking out as much as they would’ve in certain places out of fear, but you clearly acknowledged that Disney is still taking heat for this.

WDW Pro

So, which is it? I can buy some people aren’t speaking out as much as they would’ve in certain places out of fear, but you clearly acknowledged that Disney is still taking heat for this.

The fervent few who lit up the phone lines aren't enough. I think there's a petition with 50k or do signatures to save Splash Mountain. Although there's nothing that will save it, you'd need 4x that response and annual pass holders in mass refusing to support this in order to stop further change.

They know WDW is a big trip destination, but DL is a locals park in a very liberal area. They also know princess merch sells. Country Bears, George Washington, e.t.c? They don't sell plushies, and they don't work in China.

britain

Yeah, slave-owning founding fathers. Hmm... if only Disney knew someone, some musically gifted guy who could, I don't know, maybe put on a new show about American history that acknowledges both the failures and the virtues of the founding fathers while doing so in a unique multi-cultural way? Maybe that could help sell George Washington plushies.

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
How soon before they rid all of the gift shops of overpriced Christmas ornaments emblazoned with all our favorite characters? Surely, the pagans are offended. Of course, in WDW green is the most important color of all, so maybe the ornaments will survive the axe.

britain

How soon before they rid all of the gift shops of overpriced Christmas ornaments emblazoned with all our favorite characters? Surely, the pagans are offended. Of course, in WDW green is the most important color of all, so maybe the ornaments will survive the axe.

What are you talking about!? The pagans love Christmas ornaments! It's the Christians that should get offended. Granted, I haven't seen any nativity sets featuring the Mandalorian kneeling before Baby Yoda YET, but I'm sure it'll happen!

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
What are you talking about!? The pagans love Christmas ornaments! It's the Christians that should get offended. Granted, I haven't seen any nativity sets featuring the Mandalorian kneeling before Baby Yoda YET, but I'm sure it'll happen!
Mickey and Minnie in the manger would be going too far.

Donaldfan1934

The fervent few who lit up the phone lines aren't enough. I think there's a petition with 50k or do signatures to save Splash Mountain. Although there's nothing that will save it, you'd need 4x that response and annual pass holders in mass refusing to support this in order to stop further change.

They know WDW is a big trip destination, but DL is a locals park in a very liberal area. They also know princess merch sells. Country Bears, George Washington, e.t.c? They don't sell plushies, and they don't work in China.
Even if nothing can stop Disney from their current trajectory, that doesn’t necessarily equate to what you said about their being no uproar. There’s no need to contradict yourself in order to make that point.

Top Bottom