Country Bear Jamboree Updates?

_caleb

I grew up on CBJ in Disneyland, was sad to see it go, and thankful it continues at MK. But like all rides/parks, if it isn't updated (not just shortened) with new content/refurbs/tech, it can feel very dated. I'm all for the nostalgia of the clickity-clack of the AAs and the classic soundtrack, but these could be mixed in with new scenes and technology that helps keep it from seeming like they built the thing in 1971 (X Atencio and Marc Davis!!), pressed "play" on the control panel, and just left it running ever since.

Phicinfan

Having spent some time in my earlier life exploring and being part of the “movement” I’m pretty confident of what really goes on in the inside. It’s what lead me to my beliefs today. You’re free to believe what you like.
As are you, but it in no way lowers my opinion. Perhaps you should...."explore" more?

SirLink

Except it is indeed racist.

Shooting up Indians just for fun shows the callous disregard for a group of people based on 'race.' The fact that they're called 'red skins' should clue you into how outrageously racist it is.

Its not when but when your a 'woke warrior" everything is racist, sexist, veganist or genderist.

Also in the post of mine you quoted the song lyrics goes 'Indians were doing a war dance'- meaning they would of attacked settlement in the Frontier.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Its not when but when your a 'woke warrior" everything is racist, sexist, veganist or genderist.

Also in the post of mine you quoted the song lyrics goes 'Indians were doing a war dance'- meaning they would of attacked settlement in the Frontier.

You mentioned that already and ignored my question: What do you think they were going to war against?

The Empress Lilly

Changing rides to be more inclusive won't automatically translate to an increase in visits by PoC, especially if many still can't afford to visit.
Good point. And also, many PoC can afford to visit Disney Parks but would do so less if they are transformed into Woke Worlds.

The Asian parks feature many of the same White attractions and are flocked.

Globally four out of five educated, middle class people living in industrial societies are not White, and most love White European and American culture and are entirely uninterested in seeing it replaced.

Phicinfan

You have no way of knowing what I explored, or the depth of it. You wouldn’t even be able to imagine.
Nor do I care, its your personal journey, I have had mine, and neither falsifies the other. Again, you are allowed your opinion, I am allowed mine, and your opinion does not lessen mine.

Phicinfan

Sorry, that is not fair.
In some cases, some things may be taken too far, but in some cases right is right, When it gets addressed isn't always due to popular opinion. But the definition of what is and what is not racist doesn't really change.

Timmay

Nor do I care, its your personal journey, I have had mine, and neither falsifies the other. Again, you are allowed your opinion, I am allowed mine, and your opinion does not lessen mine.
You cared enough to tell me to explore more, but now you don’t?

SirLink

Sorry, that is not fair.
In some cases, some things may be taken too far, but in some cases right is right, When it gets addressed isn't always due to popular opinion. But the definition of what is and what is not racist doesn't really change.

Its extremely fair you do not have a right not to be offended.

Last edited:

Timmay

No, I called into question why you think your "exploration" makes your opinion more valid. Thus maybe you should "explore" more
You flat out said you didn’t care. You never once asked what those experiences were. Your point about opinions based on experience is clear...you have no wish to actually know what those experiences are. Time to move on.

TabulaRasa

AA and HoP are not being removed, just heavily modified. Hoop De Doo is being shut down. CoP transitioned to seasonal then closed and demoed. Peter Pan will have certain items removed.

All of this is budget dependent over the next few years.
@WDW Pro Please tell me you're wrong about Hoop Dee Doo - what is wrong with that show? It's amazing!

Phicinfan

You flat out said you didn’t care. You never once asked what those experiences were. Your point about opinions based on experience is clear...you have no wish to actually know what those experiences are. Time to move on.
No, I don't care about your personal experiences. No I won't ask about them, nor will I plan to share with you my own personal experiences as it does not pertain to the subject.

The subject is - does the team name offend, and as a person with that heritage it does. It may not for you, and if so, that is fine. But it does to me.

Top Bottom