Country Bear Jamboree Updates?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Well now you are backpeddling and changing your argument while looking for more truth in a FICTIONAL TALL TALE. They are literally called Tall Tales, there is never a mistake about it. Go back to defend your original point. You said he was shooting Native Americans, your phrasing was also more violent by saying shoot'em up and it was a game. The song uses the phrase game as a turn of phrase. Like when someone says "beat them at their own game." If you don't get that, it is fine, but that is the point. If you really saw it as a genocide, you would have said that first. Changing points to try and keep an argument going.
You literally switched arguments and it is all quoted here.

Both arguments lead to: racist.

celluloid

Advertisement
Both arguments lead to: racist.

That is an interesting default for you to take. When someone provides evidence and you provide feeling. Not very productive though.

UNCgolf

To your "redskin" point. The term Black Lives Matter would then in fact be racist because they are referring to the color of the skin. (which is also not black)To be racist you would have to say that they are inferior. In the world of Pecos Bill's Wild West, yes, the character was often at odds with Native Americans.

This isn't true. Redskin was often used as an outright racial slur, hence why numerous Native Americans have protested the use of the name for sports teams.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
That is an interesting default for you to take. When someone provides evidence and you provide feeling. Not very productive though.

Enough!
Enough of your words!
Let your new dawn lead to the final sunset on my people's suffering.
When I think of our condition, my heart is heavy.
I see men of my own race treated as outlaws or shot down like animals.
I hope that all of us may be brothers with one country around us and one government for all.
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more.
Forever... -Chief Joseph:

The wisdom of the Great Chief Joseph, reminded us once again of our long painful journey through the frontiers of human liberty. -Mark Twain

Go get 'em Pecos Bill... YEEHAW!!!

celluloid

This isn't true. Redskin was often used as an outright racial slur, hence why numerous Native Americans have protested the use of the name for sports teams.

Of course there are people who will see it as that, and the world can be more sensative to it when it is a charged word with hate.
But there are many Native Americans who are not offended by it. We can be kinder but we don't have to demonize and spit back hate either.
Look at what is happening with the University of Florida. The term Gator Bait and the Gator Chomp is now being deemed offensive because of a comic that a racist produced a very long time ago using that term. I don't think anyone is associating that term when they cheer on that team.

celluloid

Enough!
Enough of your words!
Let your new dawn lead to the final sunset on my people's suffering.
When I think of our condition, my heart is heavy.
I see men of my own race treated as outlaws or shot down like animals.
I hope that all of us may be brothers with one country around us and one government for all.
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more.
Forever... -Chief Joseph:

The wisdom of the Great Chief Joseph, reminded us once again of our long painful journey through the frontiers of human liberty. -Mark Twain

Go get 'em Pecos Bill... YEEHAW!!!

That's great. I am cherokee myself, but I respect those words. Thanks for quoting The American Adventure. Which, as great of a show it is, was never liked much by historical scholars when Eisner showed it proudly. They much prefered Hall of Presidents. Go figure. Almost like the message and true meanings can be easily lost.

Homemade Imagineering

Random question, but with the It's a Small World enhancements, does that potentially include moving it to EPCOT like has been rumored for a tad while now?
Oh yeah... I almost forgot... I don’t think Disney’s even gonna even try to mess with small world, after all, you don’t want to anger the enchanted small world gods 😉... or else...

(Hopefully in 50 years animatronic tech will be so advanced Disney can pull this off irl 🤣🤣)

aw14

I would direct you to the rather insightful posts from celluloid on how many, many of us with a significant amount of Indian blood running through us feel about the topic.
this is the issue- the supposed oppressed groups overall sentiment doesnt necessarily matter. It seems more that the "woke" white liberals know better and aren't afraid to inform as such.

black-cons-always-silenced-e1564686863953.jpg

Timmay

Unless polls have been conducted on this specific matter, there’s really no way of knowing which of you holds the more representative opinion.
Having spent some time in my earlier life exploring and being part of the “movement” I’m pretty confident of what really goes on in the inside. It’s what lead me to my beliefs today. You’re free to believe what you like.

MickeyMouse10

Whoa there, the original Backlot Tour was great. It was much better than Toy Story Land, which is mostly a waste of space.
That's flat-out incorrect and based solely on your opinion. Backlot Tour, especially, was a very loved attraction.

Yeah, but I'm not talking about the 1989 version. I'm talking about the waste of space version in it's later years, that had props from Hulk Hogan's Thunder in Paradise and Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. I'd take the Alien Swirling Saucers over that mess anyday.

Top Bottom