Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

KevinPage

If a rumor for something "they may be thinking about" pops up, and you don't like it? ...you say something about it, you let them know you don't like it, you don't wait for their D23 press conference to "confirm the thing you don't like"

They tried to turn Disneyland's Main Street Movie Theater into a gift shop this week, but people complained about it and now it's gone. There wouldn't be a Pirate's of the Caribbean in WDW if people hadn't demanded it, Star Wars land might be nothing but X-Wing Spinner rides if people on-line didn't come out say they thought that was a stupid idea.

You guys are giving yourselves credit for "not believe" something, not for "knowing something"

EXACTLY. The rumor was that there was an “internal debate” over the idea, NOT that it was a done deal.

So when management gets flooded with outcry and emails, there’s a pretty good chance this helped to move the needle in the right direction.

No one is claiming Disney filed permits and approved a budget and a bunch of fanatics got a corporation to ditch a multi million dollar E TICKET.

This shows that if there is something that COULD happen and you don’t agree, let Disney know.

SteamboatJoe

Hopefully, they are safe beyond 2021. I don't think an update, a true update, is a bad idea....if it's done correctly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am so happy! My mom absolutely adored this show. Her name was Althea, so after seeing Country Bears she always said she was "Big Al." I know she's up in heaven giving this news a big thumbs up.
Granted it’s dated...but this one didn’t make any sense.

I get the appeal...some people do this semi-professionally...

But my PERSONAL problem (aka opinion that can be dismissed) with rumor tracking has always been:

1. People believe WDI and park operations too much. They have no power and either know it or are slightly delusional
2. Belief Disney wants to build us new rides. They do not. It’s a sunk cost/loss and continues to be.
Until attendance falls and revenue dips...what would be the incentive at this juncture?

On to the next hunt...we’ll bag the bird then

Touchdown

Of the three animatronic shows in the park I always thought CBJ was the safest, it’s a WDW original, it almost always has the most people watching it when I go, it has the most audience interaction (spontaneous clapping always happens for the finale and about 50/50 it happens with opening number,) usually the longest hours, and just seems the most loved.

As Tiki is already an inferior version of DL I always thought it was on the thinnest ice, followed by COP because of the theatre rotation and length of the show (although given its a worlds fair original more protected then the birds.)

Here’s hoping all three stay and are only updated.

HoldenC

What a memorable week this has been!!! So glad the nasty people at the site that shall not be named was burned again!!

tenor.gif

AVAC Juice

My contention is that if Disney Management didn't make such incredibly stupid decisions against their own be$t interests that people wouldn't believe these crazy rumors.

I still believe that the bears and tikis are marked attractions.

DeletedAccount55555

Sounds like the site which cannot be named is trying to take credit for Country Bears not getting this make over...

"We thank all of you who wrote in to voice your love and nostalgia for the Country Bears and helped to Save the Jamboree!"

I predicted that would be Tom's exact reaction. He spun the story in a way where he could argue he came out ahead no matter what happen.

How? If anything they got under a corporate giants skin and baited then into 2 responses. 1 they didn’t dispel the reports, the other was likely changed due to them rallying fan outrage.

So if anything, Disney has egg in their face STILL.

Good god, get your head out of Tom's .

DeletedAccount55555

I don't get how Tom has egg on his face when he posted both of the rumors as "rumors".

First off, by that logic, a blogger could slap "RUMOR" onto nonsense they want to make up and you'd say they're not at fault.

Second, did you read how he writes these stories? The headline may read "rumor" but he presents the information as definitive. I'm not linking to his site after all this, but the CBJ story said "the closure of the Country Bear Jamboree in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom is imminent," later adding that "the replacement is a Toy Story audio-animatronic marionette show."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom