Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

ToTBellHop

Disney could have easily debunked the CBJ rumor in the same post but did not do so. The question is why.
Either they’re are saving that up for a post after they look for a synonym for “unscrupulous” in a thesaurus, or they’re choosing not to deny it.

When I google “Tom”, I get:

unprincipled, unethical, immoral, amoral, conscienceless, untrustworthy, shameless, reprobate, exploitative, corrupt, corrupted, dishonest, fraudulent, cheating, dishonorable, deceitful, devious, underhand, guileful, cunning, furtive, sly, wrongdoing, unsavory, disreputable, improper, bad, evil, wicked, villainous, roguish, sinful, ignoble, degenerate, venal

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Meh, we like to live dangerously when it comes to talkin’ theme park news and rumors. Everybody should know to keep a vial of salt handy by now. Plus these kneejerk discussions result in some of the best all around conversations about attractions and their histories.
As Forrest says:
“Stupid is as stupid believes”

KimAnnFran

I don't know much about updated rumors, etc, but I hope CBJ is not going away. There have to be some traditional rides/attractions that people like to revisit once in a while.

KevinPage

1. Disney could deny it if they wanted to and they haven’t. A Customer Service account made a vague remark that means nothing.

2. Disney’s fault for not properly promoting the attraction. Update it, the show, the queue, promote the fact that it’s a MK original and will be 50 DURING THE 50th.

Removing CBJ eight before your 50th Anniversary event would be even more stupid than closing the DL version right before they released the movie.

3. For those who say “wait for D23 to see if true”. Don’t you realize that if you wait for Disney to announce it, then it’s TOO LATE.

The whole point is to spring into action NOW as there is an internal debate and a final decision has not been made. So let’s push Disney to the right decision. Sitting on your hands cause “I don’t believe it until announced” makes zero sense.

Whether you dislike Tom or not, isn’t the most important part of this is to KEEP THE CBJ???. So giving feedback to management at any point is never a bad idea.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. Disney could deny it if they wanted to and they haven’t. A Customer Service account made a vague remark that means nothing.

2. Disney’s fault for not properly promoting the attraction. Update it, the show, the queue, promote the fact that it’s a MK original and will be 50 DURING THE 50th.

Removing CBJ eight before your 50th Anniversary event would be even more stupid than closing the DL version right before they released the movie.

3. For those who say “wait for D23 to see if true”. Don’t you realize that if you wait for Disney to announce it, then it’s TOO LATE.

The whole point is to spring into action NOW as there is an internal debate and a final decision has not been made. So let’s push Disney to the right decision. Sitting on your hands cause “I don’t believe it until announced” makes zero sense.

Whether you dislike Tom or not, isn’t the most important part of this is to KEEP THE CBJ???. So giving feedback to management at any point is never a bad idea.
Nothing you say will matter them one bit

They can’t even hear you...but they could hear you and a bunch of your friend’s wallets

ToTBellHop

Nothing you say will matter them one bit

They can’t even hear you...but they could hear you and a bunch of your friend’s wallets
If CBJ leaves, it is because they are set on putting a specific IP there. And if that’s the case, they won’t listen to fans. Didn’t work for UOE, GMR, or DCA TOT. Apparently they are not set on pulling the birds for IP, so they shot it down. Their vitriol toward Tom is surprising.

jt04

If CBJ leaves, it is because they are set on putting a specific IP there. And if that’s the case, they won’t listen to fans. Didn’t work for UOE, GMR, or DCA TOT. Apparently they are not set on pulling the birds for IP, so they shot it down. Their vitriol toward Tom is surprising.

Be funny if we find out his accounts were hacked. Well not that funny.

AVAC Juice

I don't know much about updated rumors, etc, but I hope CBJ is not going away. There have to be some traditional rides/attractions that people like to revisit once in a while.
Right! Magic Kingdom only had few original opening day attractions that Disneyland didn't have some form of.

Until TDisneyO dumbed-down the Country Bears and the Tropical Serenade by shortening both shows and ripping out the very soul of both shows within (about ) 1 year of each other.

I can only speak for myself but I stopped showing up to the parks in Florida all together.

Some of the late Toad Hall is very much alive today and residing in Golden Orlando. The weasels can be seen sniveling, carousing, cavorting and graveling from East Buena Vista Drive on in!

Parents watch your children.

Long live Grizzly Hall!

aladdin2007

and maelstrom, that had a huge somewhat even more vocal outcry than the rest, which bounced within many walls on the inside.

Right! Magic Kingdom only had few original opening day attractions that Disneyland didn't have some form of.

Until TDisneyO dumbed-down the Country Bears and the Tropical Serenade by shortening both shows and ripping out the very soul of both shows within (about ) 1 year of each other.

I can only speak for myself but I stopped showing up to the parks in Florida all together.

Some of the late Toad Hall is very much alive today and residing in Golden Orlando. The weasels can be seen sniveling, carousing, cavorting and graveling from East Buena Vista Drive on in!

Parents watch your children.

Long live Grizzly Hall!

Yes! That's another reason why it would be such a loss. It's one of few classic elements left that was original to WDW's Magic Kingdom. They lost Mickey Mouse Revue and others. I'd hate to see this go.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Saw these at the entrance to Country Bear tonight. Made me ill. /millennialoverlydramaticstatemen
135F7CA5-D55E-4218-860C-626F8757D699.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If there were not nuggets of truth to these rumors, Disney wouldn’t have taken the time to address them so harshly.

Or... they wanted to stop a letter-writing campaign that someone who isn't Corless was orchestrating under the belief the ETR was completely going away.

The nugget is that they didn't dismiss the idea of an overlay, but, in fact, winked at it with talk of attractions 'evolving' and the Tiki room continuing to entertain as it has changed over the years (see, change isn't bad!).

Now consider this:
  • If CBJ was indeed staying;
  • And if their post was indeed aimed at Corless;
    • Then, they could have had a double barrel shot at him by debunking that rumor.

But they didn't.

Aries1975

Saw these at the entrance to Country Bear tonight. Made me ill. /millennialoverlydramaticstatemen
View attachment 384395

Although the timing seems odd, it is common for CMs to give kids stickers to spread the "magic" or quiet a cranky child (or adult.) They have been giving out those stickers for years at CBJ while people waited for the next show. I imagine the stickers were separated from the roll either to give kids a choice (Woody or Jessie) or to remove other characters from the roll (Buzz.) As much as I truly would hate to see the bears leave, CMs giving cowboy stickers to kids in Frontierland is not indicative of anything.

prberk

One thing we could all do to support it (and reminisce at the same time) is to buy the original (and I mean ORIGINAL) soundtrack. I know it is available for $6.99 on iTunes, and I am sure it is on other sites.

I can tell you that just listening to Pete Renoudet, the Stoneman family (central to the beginning of "country" music), and western great Tex Ritter (John Ritter's father, who voices "Big Al," and was a great "singing cowboy") ... all with the correct timing and banter in tact... fun and refreshing.

That soundtrack is also another example of how in its heyday, Walt Disney Productions used the RIGHT voice for films and attractions, not necessarily a trendy pop voice, to make its films and attractions timeless.

By the way, it might be worth noting that the soundtrack album (which you have to buy complete to get the show track) comes with a bunch of classic fiddle tunes (like "Bile 'em Cabbage Down") and other music that was background music for Frontierland for so long. Some may still be used to day. But I can say that it makes you file like you just left the show and funneled into the Mile Long Bar with Melvin, Buff, and Max about to talk to you again.

Anyone else remember the Mile Long Bar, and when Melvin, Buff, and Max talked to you from there also, as you exited the CBJ? (I don't really know why changed that. It was good idea.)

Anyway, the soundtrack is a good place to get classic, well-done Americana classics that were great Frontierland and Fort Wilderness background music.

Speaking of which, listening to the original show reminded me that Henry tells you right up front that it is "Americana, featuring our musical heritage of the past." And that it is. It was never meant to be contemporary. It was meant to celebrate and teach. And that is part of why I keep harping on how well-researched it was -- here in the musical part.

Anyway, just some gems that I discovered in listening again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom