Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

SteamboatJoe

Was just there. The feel and overall quality is a lot better than I anticipated. Especially at night. And the coaster fits nicely within the landscape. Liked it a lot better than TS Playland in Paris. Whether it was the right addition or worth the cost...well that is something different...
I'm glad the coaster looks and functions better in person.

JustInTime

As I just said above - they actually weren’t built with ANYONE in mind because they don’t serve the needs of everyone.

And I’m all for kid/family friendly rides. I welcome/enjoy them.

They didn’t do enough...as they likely haven’t with the star wars lands.

Expect more...you’re paying for it

So you are saying that attractions aren’t developed for certain demographics or to fill specific needs a park may be lacking? Interesting.

Tony the Tigger

I’m not disputing that...

But actual park patrons will deal with the fallout behind that short sighted analysis and the next Disney ceo will deal with us.

It’s not short-sighted; it’s necessary.

Old customers griping on a message board don’t mean anything.

Wall Street raising an eyebrow because an investment of $X millions doesn’t significantly and commensurately increase revenue will absolutely have an immediate negative effect. Stock prices drop, movies get cut, other park improvements get cut, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not short-sighted; it’s necessary.

Old customers griping on a message board don’t mean anything.

Wall Street raising an eyebrow because an investment of $X millions doesn’t significantly and commensurately increase revenue will absolutely have an immediate negative effect. Stock prices drop, movies get cut, other park improvements get cut, etc.
Life isn’t the stock market. That will become increasingly clear the coming decades....just my hunch 😉

And if you given me a ride and want to cut a couple of Star Wars movies out - be my guest 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Slinky was way more fun than I thought. Alien too. Would I wait in line? Maybe not. But I really, really wanted to hate it.
Slinky is ok...but it’s not really a Disney ride. It does remind me of primeval whirl a bit. Just a better ride.

Saucers is inadequate for wdw. Not enough for the context of what the parks needs. I’m fine with Mater’s In DCA...but it doesn’t need to do what alien does.

Without the 10 year old midway mania to anchor and eat the crowds...TSL would be a disaster.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you are saying that attractions aren’t developed for certain demographics or to fill specific needs a park may be lacking? Interesting.

No...not at all.

All additions/replacements should be designed to fit into a master plan from an operations standpoint

Gift Shop Bob has shown zero idea. The operations of every new “land” have really been a mess.

Build all kiddie rides if you want...but do it in design quality and numbers to redistribute the rest of the park and allow for normal attendance growth.

They do not.

JustInTime

No...not at all.

All additions/replacements should be designed to fit into a master plan from an operations standpoint

Gift Shop Bob has shown zero idea. The operations of every new “land” have really been a mess.

Build all kiddie rides if you want...but do it in design quality and numbers to redistribute the rest of the park and allow for normal attendance growth.

They do not.
How things should be and how things are should not be confused.

Is there somebody else you can quote besides me? 💅🏻

jt04

If they were to consider moving the show and converting it into a character meal show, they can always make some of the characters less scarey. Some need a makeover. Heh.

SteamboatJoe

Slinky is ok...but it’s not really a Disney ride. It does remind me of primeval whirl a bit. Just a better ride.

Saucers is inadequate for wdw. Not enough for the context of what the parks needs. I’m fine with Mater’s In DCA...but it doesn’t need to do what alien does.

Without the 10 year old midway mania to anchor and eat the crowds...TSL would be a disaster.
Mater's is also very well integrated into Radiator Springs. It feels like it belongs. RS having two flat rides with similar qualities is suspect but that wasn't the original design. The quality of RS and Racers also more than compensate for it.

Disney Analyst

The email response to someone who emailed in going around on twitter from the site that can't be linked to shows no denial from Disney... doesn't even touch on the rumour. Interesting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Trust me, I agree with your overall point here, but Alien/Mater's/Woody's is an original ride system created by WDI, not a carnival ride.

Semantics, my friend.

It’s akin to something called “the bucking bull” at like great America In looney toon landing.

Very basic. Not that I can’t appreciate a ride like that...but not as one of two rides in desperating under built park with small footprint

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom