Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

disneyworlddad

Internally? I'm sure it's been considered. It's certainly been mentioned a few times on the forums. I think the idea would really only work though if a "Trixie's Triceratop Spin" moved to DHS. And even that's pushing it unless they make it Bonnie's Backyard. I don't think Imagineering would be able to explain away Toy Story characters in DAK without it being contrived and ridiculously shoehorned. But moving Triceratop Spin to DHS, that might be appreciated. TSL has the space and DHS lacks a spinner.

Isn't dinoland a roadside attraction? Isn't Trixie an easily bought dinosaur toy? Dont you think Trixie could be licensed or copied to a spinner ride for an carnival type attraction? Can't type you how many Dumbo's I have seen at midwestern homecoming carnivals.

The Pho

The Florida slam was a weird flex. I, frankly, don't understand the disdain some of the hardcore DL fans have for MK. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But let's not go down that rabbit hole any further. POTC was the last major parks project completed while Walt was alive. Country Bears was the last project he discussed. Does it really matter anyway?
Overall it doesn’t matter much which honorary titles different things hold. But if we only discussed things that really mattered, this place would be very boring.

Rich T

I dont disagree with you on most of this. There were some gunslingers and outlaws but most have been highly played up. Don't get me wrong, I love the old west portrayed in John Wayne movies but those are romanticized versions of what really was going on. In all reality people didn't really get in gun fights because most people didn't want to die. And believe it or not most people didn't carry a revolver around on their hip.
I agree with all you're saying here. I'm just saying that the known history is enough to be amazing on its own, while the embellishment that movies, tv, art and fiction have brought to it all just makes the genre more fun. When I use the term "sanitized" I mainly mean that literally--I'm just referring to the likelihood that no one in a theme park actually wants to walk down a muddy street full of horse manure, use an outhouse, meet n' greet hard-working locals who haven't bathed in several days or--yikes--have a tooth pulled by a dentist using 19th Century tools. :)

Magenta Panther

Im just going to put on flameproof armor here and start by saying that I love the bears, buuuuut…

If I had to save one AA show, it would be the Tiki Room. The bears are like a weird 1960s version of what rednecks look like. The only one I would truly miss is Big Al, just because they did such an awesome job making him look like his namesake.

Honestly, I would be happy if they just had a show of nothing but Big Al singing Blood on the Saddle in an endless Loop...Or better yet, move him over to the hall of Presidents and have him randomly interrupt the speeches.

Happily, I don't need any armor, as I'm already flameproof. :cool:

I hate to say this, but I do think the show is very dated. And I LOVED it as a kid, because waaaayyyyy back then :cat: AAs were still pretty much Disney-exclusive and a novelty. But the novelty's worn off, and the songs and skits now seem rather hackneyed (time marches on). IMO, either the Bears should be replaced OR upgraded with new music at least, and I would much prefer the latter. I think that could be done and would give the Bears the fresh start it needs. Marni has mentioned a refresh, and I hope that's what happens. Oh, and the seasonal Bear shows would be a welcome return because I never got to see any of them. :(

JustInTime

it was not his last project. If anything his last project can be argued to be the original priates and the original haunted mansion to some extent but at least he was there for the majority of pirates before he died.
From what I understand, that’s kind of a grey area. He oversaw the plans for Country Bears for a ski resort. He loved the idea and died a few days after plans for the attraction were finalized. And of course he was long gone by the time it became a WDW opening day attraction. So he may not have been involved in the physical attraction, but that was the last one built he had his hands on and oversaw the development. He was present for most of pirates and of course his idea for the Mansion was never really realized.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

Anyone can fill out a survey, not just subscribers. And yes, all surveys are biased.
I'm assuming the survey is filled out online. Have you ever debated doing surveys in-park? (I assume this would take too many people to do... I also so not know the legality of conducting surveys within the park itself)

Dunston

It's so stupid when Disney World's "blessing of size" is ignored in favor of demolishing classic rides and attractions. They're never gonna deal with the crowding problem if the total number of attractions never rises. Bring over some of the people in Anaheim who figured out how to cram Runaway Railway into Disneyland while only getting rid of a gift shop, before more pieces of Disney history are erased.

TrainsOfDisney

I do wonder if the rumor is correct And the location is wrong? Diamond Horseshoe would be a pretty logical venue for this. But the whole we can’t add we can only replace mentality is a reality.

(Logical as far as MK... obviously the most logical place for a toy story show is a dedicated toy story land that is in need of more attractions.....)

malice

I do wonder if the rumor is correct And the location is wrong? Diamond Horseshoe would be a pretty logical venue for this. But the whole we can’t add we can only replace mentality is a reality.

(Logical as far as MK... obviously the most logical place for a toy story show is a dedicated toy story land that is in need of more attractions.....)

Lucky Nugget Saloon, the Paris equivalent of Diamond Horseshoe, has had a Woody’s Roundup marionette show for awhile now.

disneyworlddad

I agree with all you're saying here. I'm just saying that the known history is enough to be amazing on its own, while the embellishment that movies, tv, art and fiction have brought to it all just makes the genre more fun. When I use the term "sanitized" I mainly mean that literally--I'm just referring to the likelihood that no one in a theme park actually wants to walk down a muddy street full of horse manure, use an outhouse, meet n' greet hard-working locals who haven't bathed in several days or--yikes--have a tooth pulled by a dentist using 19th Century tools. :)

I can agree with you on that! If i want the old west expereince I know plenty of people with horses who will give me the muddy street, horse manure, let me pee where I like and chances are good they stink just as bad as the locals would have and give it to me all for free. The dentist on the other hand, I'll keep our 21st century knowledge.

TrainsOfDisney

Lucky Nugget Saloon, the Paris equivalent of Diamond Horseshoe, has had a Woody’s Roundup marionette show for awhile now.

That would seem to indicate to me, that this would be a rumor for the horseshoe. In theory the paris show is already designed for a stage like the horseshoe, which would mean it would be cheap to copy and paste it.

If that’s the case I’m 100% for it. I’d rather have the horseshoe itself come back for the 50th, but this would be something nice that would at least return the venue to operation.

Musical Mermaid

If the bears are to be replaced, I’d rather see something thematically appropriate and more entertaining in that area. The Toy Story marionette show posted in the video above does not look entertaining to me. I also think Toy Story should stay in Toy Story Land. Why build a whole land if they’re not going to make use of it? I’m already tired of seeing Toy Story in Tomorrowland too, it doesn’t need to be everywhere. Are people really craving Toy Story that much?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We've got an attraction here that is largely just an air-conditioned nap for many people.

Actually lots of kids love the show and the parents remember it when they were kids, taking THEIR kids to see it.

You have this confused with Tiki Room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom