Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A simple refresh of triceratops spin with Trixie would actually make sense.

I'm actually shocked this hasn't been tested yet.

Internally? I'm sure it's been considered. It's certainly been mentioned a few times on the forums. I think the idea would really only work though if a "Trixie's Triceratop Spin" moved to DHS. And even that's pushing it unless they make it Bonnie's Backyard. I don't think Imagineering would be able to explain away Toy Story characters in DAK without it being contrived and ridiculously shoehorned. But moving Triceratop Spin to DHS, that might be appreciated. TSL has the space and DHS lacks a spinner.

DAK1928

Original Poster
I don't think Imagineering would be able to explain away Toy Story characters in DAK without it being contrived and ridiculously shoehorned.
In an effort to remain relevant with younger audiences while growing their visitor base (not to mention funding their growing chiropractic liability fees), Chester and Hester invest their oil profits into leveraging Disney-Pixar© IP for their aging Dinorama roadside amusement park.

Aries1975

Woody makes or used to make appearances in FL. Not saying it makes sense (or a good thing), but it's a thing.
Please enjoy my poor humor from 2016...

Before there was a Toy Story land, having Jessie and Woody do the little show with the kids was part of the magic. Playing with Jessie and Woody on the street in Frontierland was much more fun than any meet and greet.

Aries1975

I'm sure it was fun for you, but I don't think that's appropriate in a family theme park. :cautious:

;)

:facepalm: just not going there...

What I was trying to say is no one should visit Disney to collect signatures in an autograph book or photos on Facebook. I visit to see a 5 year old hooting and hollering with her favorite cowgirl (I wish I could find a photo) or 60 year old telling a roving recycling can that she intends to reuse her water bottle and recycle it at the end of the day (again preserving on video would have been smart) or Lady Tramaine being absolutely appalled by a child's "rat" polo shirt or an old friend while relaxing in a rocking chair on a hot August afternoon (attached.) There are wonderful CMs who help make these moments happen.

No, I do not want the bears to leave. But it has nothing to do with whether or not a cowboy fits in Frontierland.

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_1230268.jpg
    IMG_20180801_1230268.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 129

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I absolutely adore the Country Bears! I’d hate to lose them. Especially with it being Walt’s last Project and an opening day attraction.

BUT I think a Woody’s Roundup could be a suitable replacement if done correctly.
it was not his last project. If anything his last project can be argued to be the original priates and the original haunted mansion to some extent but at least he was there for the majority of pirates before he died.

lentesta

Premium Member
Curiosity killed the cat and all that... do you only survey the people who subscribe to your website? If not then you have a bias of new guests who are using your product who are being told what attractions are good and whilst there maybe be a few pp displacement due to personal tastes and it also suggests that your users only like well known movie IP, which may not be a great indicator in your survey data of rated MK attractions.

Anyone can fill out a survey, not just subscribers. And yes, all surveys are biased.

sgtmgd

I have it on very very good authority (from Maleficent, Hades. and Scar) that IF they overlay Toy Story in the beloved Country Bear Jamboree.......NO WORRIES all the bears will be located and integrated in to the Carousel of Progress where they not only sing their own songs BUT we'll get the bonus of hearing them sing "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"

BONUS RUMOR...The nutella waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow will have the bananas shaped into parachutes and dyed green for this Friday only in honor of Toy Story 4

The Pho

it was not his last project. If anything his last project can be argued to be the original priates and the original haunted mansion to some extent but at least he was there for the majority of pirates before he died.
Really anything that he was working on the days before his death could easily be argued as his last project, so Pirates, Jungle Book, Florida Project, Mineral King are all fair game, it’s not like he only worked on one thing at a time. Country Bears holds the honor of being the final thing that Walt and Marc Davis discussed prior to the infamous Goodbye.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Really anything that he was working on the days before his death could easily be argued as his last project, so Pirates, Jungle Book, Florida Project, Mineral King are all fair game, it’s not like he only worked on one thing at a time. Country Bears holds the honor of being the final thing that Walt and Marc Davis discussed prior to the infamous Goodbye.
Talking about does not = being his last project. Again the original Pirates really holds the title of the last project he really worked on before his death. I think they have said he may have even rode it but don't qoute me on that. But he for sure saw a majority of the finished or nearly finished project before he died. However an argument could be made for Haunted Mansion as we have seen on that video of the making of the Mansion where he takes miss Disneyland Tencenial to meet Mark Davis among others working on the mansion and he shows off the stretching room portraits and you can see Mark Davis had a model of the stretching room next to him. They had not begun the details of the actual show building as it is today or was on opening day of the ride at that point because that didnt happen until after his death. Either way I am right. Disney never set foot in Florida's wanna be Disneyland copy nor its version of Country Bears. So if it was not sooo sacred to be considered untouchable in Disney's one true original park, then it is all but assured that Florida can kiss it good bye.

The Pho

Talking about does not = being his last project. Again the original Pirates really holds the title of the last project he really worked on before his death. I think they have said he may have even rode it but don't qoute me on that. But he for sure saw a majority of the finished or nearly finished project before he died. However an argument could be made for Haunted Mansion as we have seen on that video of the making of the Mansion where he takes miss Disneyland Tencenial to meet Mark Davis among others working on the mansion and he shows off the stretching room portraits and you can see Mark Davis had a model of the stretching room next to him. They had not begun the details of the actual show building as it is today or was on opening day of the ride at that point because that didnt happen until after his death. Either way I am right. Disney never set foot in Florida's wanna be Disneyland copy nor its version of Country Bears. So if it was not sooo sacred to be considered untouchable in Disney's one true original park, then it is all but assured that Florida can kiss it good bye.
Really not sure why insulting Florida is relevant here, doesn’t change that he was working on multiple things at once. Seems like you are more concerned with getting to consider something at Disneyland his final project than admitting the man worked on many things at once. Pirates was the last attraction he oversaw construction of but that doesn’t make it his final project, and from my understanding he only saw the finalized auctioneer scene which is obviously no more. And on his final visit to the studio, he worked on Country Bears after he went over Pirates. Meaning he worked on Country Bears after Pirates (all according to Marc Davis). And again since he was involved in so many projects at once, it is easy to argue which is truly his last one. What is clear though is that the final thing he worked on in the studio was Country Bears.

disneyworlddad

But there really were stagecoaches, gunslingers, train robberies, cattledrives, saloons, brothels, rattlesnakes, coyotes, campfires, the Pony Express, The Pinkerton Agency.... the list goes on and on. All set against the unexplored wilds and spectacular sunsets of the west, and all dressed up in some of the most iconic, unforgettable survival clothing styles of all time. And--and I think this is important--it happened at the dawn of photography. It's about as far back into our past as we can go via photographs (of course, this doesn't just apply to the West).

It doesn't matter that The Wild West only existed for a brief time. It left a legacy of imagery, legend and history so colorful and powerful that it will always be a source of inspiration for fiction, music, art and--of course-- theme parks! :)

I dont disagree with you on most of this. There were some gunslingers and outlaws but most have been highly played up. Don't get me wrong, I love the old west portrayed in John Wayne movies but those are romanticized versions of what really was going on. In all reality people didn't really get in gun fights because most people didn't want to die. And believe it or not most people didn't carry a revolver around on their hip.

SteamboatJoe

Really not sure why insulting Florida is relevant here, doesn’t change that he was working on multiple things at once. Seems like you are more concerned with getting to consider something at Disneyland his final project than admitting the man worked on many things at once. Pirates was the last attraction he oversaw construction of but that doesn’t make it his final project, and from my understanding he only saw the finalized auctioneer scene which is obviously no more. And on his final visit to the studio, he worked on Country Bears after he went over Pirates. Meaning he worked on Country Bears after Pirates (all according to Marc Davis). And again since he was involved in so many projects at once, it is easy to argue which is truly his last one. What is clear though is that the final thing he worked on in the studio was Country Bears.
The Florida slam was a weird flex. I, frankly, don't understand the disdain some of the hardcore DL fans have for MK. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But let's not go down that rabbit hole any further. POTC was the last major parks project completed while Walt was alive. Country Bears was the last project he discussed. Does it really matter anyway?

kdavis

Seems like a massive amount of work would be needed for such a conversion. The CB theater isn't really a stage - the space is a mechanized simulacrum of a stage. If there were to be a "Toy Story Stage Show" there would be the need for not only a performance space (an ACTUAL stage) but also back of house spaces for cast, etc. WAY too much work would be needed to convert the CB space for this use, given that there is a fully operational - and grossly underused - performance space just a stone's throw away in the form of the Diamond Horseshoe...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom